No announcement yet.

Desolation Revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last time I saw a Charvel new was at GC when the pointies were ressiued. Played the 4 they had and left feeling like the kid who got his favorite toy taken away. These Chinese models that are coming out scare me. I've played the LTD's and Schecters that are chinese and hate them. I've played Indonesian Squiers I like better. They should have gone Korean, would be better build quality IMHO
    It's pronounced soops

Comment

• Originally posted by dg View Post
      That's my local store, Robert! Great guys in there, and they're holding their own pretty well with GC in town. I shop there for almost everything, even if it's a little more. JCF runs have been the only exceptions in the last few years.
      Yeah, it's a great store. I come through here about every three months on business and I always try to stop in.. I must say, I was pretty tempted by the Blue ProMod they had in there, but I was able to resist.
      Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Hendrix View Post
        I stopped into Alpha Music in VA Beach this afternoon, They have about twelve of them in there. Four single Cuts (One wth a floyd) four double cuts and four Skatecasters. I played one of the single cuts for a little bit. Not too bad, about like playing a schecter. For the money, it's alright.
        I test drove the FLoyd Model today at Motor CIty guitar north of Detroit. I was WAY impressed.
        It's one of the fastest necks I've EVER played and I've owned over 1200 guitars. I would bye one of these over the Jap Wildcard crap ANY day of the week.
        THe one I played had a Floyd and REAL EMG's (Not really my cup of tea) but at that price point they are a STEAL.
        My only complaint is all the models are 24 frets.. Aside from that, it was a solid built instrument,nice comfortable weight, FAST, raw-oiled neck and great fit and finish.
        Now, build a 22 fret model and I'll pony up the $$ for one..
        John 3:16

Comment

• Well, after reading this (almost) endless thread, i decided to buy one and see for myself if i like it or not.
          I made the shameless clicky clicky on a DS1 String through on The Music Farm ebay store.
          I'll let you know my impressions and upload pics when I get.
          Facebook - Youtube

Comment

• http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazin...ar_Review.aspx

Don't know if it has been posted yet
            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

• Another Skatecaster review:

http://www.musicradar.com/gear/all/g...-510108/review

Pretty interesting that the abrupt masking line where the unfinished neck starts is rubbing almost everybody the wrong way. I bet they make a change there if these models stick around. They should also listen to the reviewers who think the bling is excessive, and at least offer some of the neckthroughs without all the abalone.

Comment

• All good advice. I noticed the finish transition immediately myself.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• I just got the single cut in a trade today.

I never speak highly or well of anything chinese except the women. But i went over this guitar to find flaws. The tape off is nasty but frets were damn near perfect. Not jumbos like they said in the ad but I'm freaking impressed. Neck feels great. Action is good. Blackouts always sound good in mahogany guitars.

I spent 3 hours playing mine and absolutely love it. Will get another one hands down.

Compares to neckthru agiles easily.

Ill post pics tomorrow when suns out.

Comment

• Originally posted by jacksonluvr View Post
                    ...and I've owned over 1200 guitars.
                    Was that a typo? If not...

Comment

• I would love to try one out and like the DS-1 in red or blue.
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

• Heres a quick camera phone shot.

Comment

• What does it say at the top of the back of the headstock?
                          Looks good take some good close up shots please.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

• Just the serial number and made in china.

Has a lot of details too. Like 2 ply binding, Recessed knobs, few other details. Ill take more pics with my SLR later today.

Comment

• they are definitely going after that Schecter/LTD market, without looking like a ripoff of either manufacturer.

Looks good though. I'd have to see one in person to see if it was for me.
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

• They've been getting good reviews.
                                I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Working...
                                X