Desolation Revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by markD View Post
    i went to my local charvel dealer the other night and asked them about the desolation guitars. the guy who does all the ordering told me they were "on the fence" about it because they "couldn't give away the japanese pro-mods". he was telling me that the pro-mods were flying off the shelf when they were made in the USA, but once they became jap guitars they just weren't moving them. he thinks that the desolation guitars won't sell either.

this weekend i am gonna cruise up to that shop in tarpon springs that is selling them on ebay.
    Your local deal could give the pro-mods away to me =)

Comment

• Never going to buy a Chinese-made Charvel, ever. I guess Charvel doesn't need my business anyway, but I'm sure others feel the same way. I'm glad I bought my USA San Dimas when I did. Congrats Charvel, on following the trend of making cheap, Chinese made cookie-cutter guitars. All you're doing with these ugly guitars is tainting the Charvel name. Fail.

Comment

• I dont think anyones buying them. I think you'll be able to pick up one of the lower end ones for like $200 in a couple of months on ebay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scream And Fly View Post
          Never going to buy a Chinese-made Charvel, ever. I guess Charvel doesn't need my business anyway, but I'm sure others feel the same way. I'm glad I bought my USA San Dimas when I did. Congrats Charvel, on following the trend of making cheap, Chinese made cookie-cutter guitars. All you're doing with these ugly guitars is tainting the Charvel name. Fail.
          +1
          Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

• Charvel can't live off those few people that can afford a USA

perhaps if you guys bought more custom shops they didn't need to go overseas, so in a way it's all the fault of you so-called 'charvel fans' not shelling out enough to keep charvel afloat by just it's domestic product
            "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
              Charvel can't live off those few people that can afford a USA

perhaps if you guys bought more custom shops they didn't need to go overseas, so in a way it's all the fault of you so-called 'charvel fans' not shelling out enough to keep charvel afloat by just it's domestic product

Well as long as it takes to get a custom shop made you would think they are selling a ton and are backlogged. :-)
              2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
              Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

• Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                I dont think anyones buying them. I think you'll be able to pick up one of the lower end ones for like $200 in a couple of months on ebay.
                I don't think they have been on the market long enough to know if they will sell well.
                Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

blah blah blah, whatever.

I'll continue to buy secondhand Model series Charvels and bitch about the offshoring of production, complain about the cost of new US Charvels & the demise of the Pro-Mod series, and find reasons NOT to buy a new US guitar (if only it had a Floyd/if only it had a matching headstock/they don't have blues rock chatter).
                  Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
                  I don't think they have been on the market long enough to know if they will sell well.
                  my local store is excited to get them in, but is still awaiting their shipment. Won't see 'em secondhand until people can buy them new. I'm keen to see what they're like
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

The San Dimas USA guitars were $1000 or less. For the quality you got, that was a very good deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scream And Fly View Post
                      The San Dimas USA guitars were $1000 or less. For the quality you got, that was a very good deal.
                      and the MiJ for 799 aren't bad either, at least those have a case, but I don't often have $1000 or $799 to throw away...

Checking world economy....

-Newsflash- currently not many have(at least not the majority)
                      and those that have the money keep it in their wallet in case bad times come for them

so for a company to stay in business they have to *gasp* sell cheaper stuff, because maybe they can tempt me and other people with a 'good' $500 or less product
                      How much pay do you want to hand in to produce a $500 made in US Charvel? Because unless you wanna work for beans and crackers, that's not gonna happen
                      and the Fender board of directors absolutely won't hand in a few K a year to offer $10 an hour to the plebs, have you seen the price of a Bentley these days?
                      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

• the reissue SD guitar with the pointy heads were more than $1000. i had several when they first came out.

fender is handling charvel well, as far as i can see. they started with the pointy reissue, selling at over $1000....sold those while people begged for strat-heads....made the strat-head available on CS guitars before making it available on the pro-mod for a reasonable price....moved production to japan to get a great product at a lower price point....now to fill the low-to-mid price range, they are offering the desolation series.

while it is still to be seen as to how the desolation guitars will fare, one can't fault charvel and ther parent company for wanting to try to stay afloat in a bad economy.
                        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by markD View Post
                          while it is still to be seen as to how the desolation guitars will fare, one can't fault charvel and ther parent company for wanting to try to stay afloat in a bad economy.
                          Good point!
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
                            Oh, the brick and mortar stores dont have them yet? I figured if they were all over ebay then the real dealers must have them by now. Im still waiting til theyre $200 bucks.

Comment

• I stopped into Alpha Music in VA Beach this afternoon, They have about twelve of them in there. Four single Cuts (One wth a floyd) four double cuts and four Skatecasters. I played one of the single cuts for a little bit. Not too bad, about like playing a schecter. For the money, it's alright.
                              Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

• That's my local store, Robert! Great guys in there, and they're holding their own pretty well with GC in town. I shop there for almost everything, even if it's a little more. JCF runs have been the only exceptions in the last few years.

Comment

Working...
                                X