No announcement yet.

Lost Rhoads Found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well, no, it's not another custom rhoads; it's one of the first two rhoads guitars that were completed after his death. i agree and have said as much over the years that it wasn't randy's guitar, but i guess you could say that it was made from a blank that was originally intended for him.

personally, if i had unlimited funds, i'd be one of the idiots who'd shell out a hell of a lot of money for it.

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

• it would be interesting to see what it would auction for. if it was a Jimi H. guitar, it may hit 7 digits, but being a RR not sure what it would go for. he should get it appraised, unless he already has and that is why he has not sold it to a collector because the value is not that high at this point.
      ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

• Originally posted by sully View Post
        wow. agree on the sour grapes.

make fun of the guy all you want, but he was a pretty nice guy when i emailed back and forth with him, and measured the scale length for me when we had the "is it 24.75 scale thread." he's okay in my book.

sully
        When you spoke to him, did he mention anything about a serial number, or any markings stamped in the fretboard end? I don't recall any specified # given to this or the black one.
        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

well, no, it's not another custom rhoads; it's one of the first two rhoads guitars that were completed after his death. i agree and have said as much over the years that it wasn't randy's guitar, but i guess you could say that it was made from a blank that was originally intended for him.

personally, if i had unlimited funds, i'd be one of the idiots who'd shell out a hell of a lot of money for it.

sully
          My point was about the adding of the coil split and the guy playing the guitar. It's nothing special in the sense of to play or not to play it. Actually you just reminded me, i forgot what number that guitar was. There is history and mojo, just not of the kind that comes from "Artist used to own this." But the guitar no matter who it was built for was built to be played. That was my point. The guy shouldn't be knocked for actually playing the thing and adding the coil split. Sorry it my point went a little off track
          In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

• it's serial free, for your protection.

Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post
            When you spoke to him, did he mention anything about a serial number, or any markings stamped in the fretboard end? I don't recall any specified # given to this or the black one.
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

well, no, it's not another custom rhoads; it's one of the first two rhoads guitars that were completed after his death. i agree and have said as much over the years that it wasn't randy's guitar, but i guess you could say that it was made from a blank that was originally intended for him.

sully
              i agree. when you think about it, this is one of the first five Jacksons EVER MADE. which has to but some value on it. I remember Delores Rhoads saying that randy did see the body blanks to these before, so it kinda does have a relation to randy in a way.
              sigpic

Comment

• The guitar was made with Randy in mind as the end user, wasn't it? No other Jackson customer existed on earth at the time. Randy is Jackson. That is serious mojo even if he never played it. If I owned it, I'd sure as hell play it and tell everyone else I owned it and have a shit eating grin, just like this guy.
                Jackson KV2
                Jackson KE1T
                Jackson KE1F
                Jackson SL1

Comment

• Originally posted by Larz View Post
                  The guitar was made with Randy in mind as the end user, wasn't it?
                  could be semantics, but i'd say no, not really; the original blanks were originally intended for him, but the guitars were not necessarily finished to randy's specs.

whenever the talk about these two guitars come up (especially the white one), the prevailing memory of mine was when we were working on jcf-01, and grover was adamant that the white guitar was not intended for randy. i know he's contradicting himself, but that's what pops into my head.

and while we're on the subject, why isn't the black one considered in the same light? they were both finished at the same time, were both at that namm show, but only the white one gets the folklore because it was sold and dropped of the face of the earth for over 20 years.

sully
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

• However you want to look at it it's all given me some serious GAS for a JCF-01 !!

I too would pay stupid money for the guitar if I it in my guitar budget.. but I would play the hell out of it as long as it was a great playing guitar.

Has the black NAMM RR been in circulation lately? I bet if it was (unles I somehow missed it) it would create a bit of a stir as well.
                    http://www.reverbnation.com/#/themightypragmatics

Comment

• If my memory serves me right... the white one and black one were not intended for Randy... they were intended for the future marketing of the RR model. These were built after the first few Rhoads guitars/prototypes... These are considered the later of the RR prototypes, if not the last RR prototypes.

Comment

Working...
                      X