Lost Rhoads Found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, Ok.

Don't mean to dredge up old stuff, but i've been listening to this guy's cd (Accomplice) for the last week nonstop. He is a really, REALLY good player and songwriter, and to boot he's got Johnny Gioeli (Brunette, Hardline, Axel Rudi Pell) singing his ass off on the record as well.

I think some people need to lighten up around here, drinks for everyone on me!

Comment

• gorgeous axe.If i had cash i would pay.
      The first production jackson i ever saw was in oct 1983 in sam ash's window next to mannys in nyc.It was a black string thru,gold hardware and price was 1399.00...I thought it was cool as heck.Across the street there was a vintage shop with tons of old les pauls hanging in the window going for 4-8k.I thought that was a lot of money then.Those lp's are now 100-300k?

Comment

• This has been a good read with interesting insight from those that have been big supporters of the brand for a very long time. Thank you. All I have to add is that I too have chewy feedback; after a Chinese buffet and 5 pitchers of cheap draft beer.

Comment

• All I want to know is ..... is this thing for sale yet???

Comment

• Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
            Agreed.
            I don't hold anything against the guy for talking up the guitar's rarity and trying to make a buck. As long as he were to try and get the facts straight. But he throws a lot of inaccurate BS in there, and does it in a way that is very smarmy used car salesman-ish.

The clincher for me was looking back in the magazine's classifieds. It wasn't enough for the choad to get the full article spread, but then he went and bought ad space for himself in the back, too. What an @ss.

Have you ever spent any time in southern California?...

Comment

• Have you ever spent any time looking at the time stamps of the posts you're quoting?

Comment

• Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                Have you ever spent any time looking at the time stamps of the posts you're quoting?
                Yes, although I can see your direction, here.

The quoted post is a contribution to the thread subject and addresses an article in a journal published this year, and as such is reasonably open to comment or response. Also, it specifically targets the guitar owner and not the guitar itself, who I'm assuming isn't and entirely different person than he was in February, so the post is both critically and logically valid.

(Oh, and that was fun, we must do it again sometime.)
                Last edited by wildelectric; 12-20-2007, 12:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wildelectric View Post

The quoted post is a contribution to the thread subject and addresses an article in a journal published this year, and as such is reasonably open to comment or response. Also, it specifically targets the person owning the guitar and not the guitar itself, who I'm assuming isn't and entirely different person than he was in February, so the post is both critically and logically valid.

That was fun, let's do it again sometime.
                  You're more of a douche than I am.
                  -Adam

Comment

• Originally posted by wildelectric View Post

The quoted post is a contribution to the thread subject and addresses an article in a journal published this year, and as such is reasonably open to comment or response. Also, it specifically targets the guitar owner and not the guitar itself, who I'm assuming isn't and entirely different person than he was in February, so the post is both critically and logically valid.

(Oh, and that was fun, we must do it again sometime.)
                    Is this discalimer legally binding?

Actually, I never saw this thread.
                    Almost as good as Genebaby's soap opera. Not to say that incident
                    was to be taken lightly, BTW.

Comment

• Welcome, wildelectric!

(SoCal Non A-hole)
                      <-------
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• With regard to the matter of the guy actually gigging with it, knowing its history, I can see both sides, but when it comes down to it, it I think it would be a shame to let this masterpiece go unplayed. If this thing was really designed with contributions by Randy and intended for him to use in the studio and on the road, it needs to be spewing forth massive doses of metal, even if the great Randy isn't the one doing it. As a guitar teacher and inspiration to many students and pros I'd like to believe he would want it that way.

Rock on to the owner. Seems like the guy caught a lot of crap, maybe some deserved, but to be able to see THAT guitar after all the stories of its history is truly worth it.
                        Jackson KV2
                        Jackson KE1T
                        Jackson KE1F
                        Jackson SL1

Comment

• I never saw the answer to this question:

If #1 went to Randy &
                          #2 is the white Lost NAMM guitar &
                          #3 is the case template/Rob Lane/Diego guitar

What guitar is this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hossman View Post

The Floyd Rose unit was ...yes...basically unknown...because it had not been advertised other than inteview mentions from first Randy Hansen and then EVH in 1980 and to get one would cost at least $600...

EVH got his..which was the 3rd working model that Floyd had made...1st one went to a friend of Floyd,. the 2nd to Randy Hanson..hendrix impersonator..then the EVH VHII got the 3rd in Mid 1979..

i read in a steve lukather interview in what guitar? or guitar buyer magazine this year that luke had the third working floyd, but that could be wrong...all i know is i'm prettty sure the vh2 bumblebee didn't have a floyd, certainly not in 1979 when vhII was released
                            Last edited by sonicsamurai; 12-23-2007, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• I don't recall the order the first Floyds went out in but I thought the 3 people who got them were EVH, Brad Gillis, and Neal Schon. At least thats I remember. Is this correct? I have no idea which Rhoads that is in the picture above, sort of looks like a black JCF-01 though Perhaps just another early Rhoads that was at NAMM back then???
                              Rudy
                              www.metalinc.net

Comment

• Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                                I don't recall the order the first Floyds went out in but I thought the 3 people who got them were EVH, Brad Gillis, and Neal Schon. At least thats I remember. Is this correct? I have no idea which Rhoads that is in the picture above, sort of looks like a black JCF-01 though Perhaps just another early Rhoads that was at NAMM back then???
                                Randy Hansen, some Hendrix tribute player, got either the first or second one, possibly before EVH. Or he was the first FR endorser or something?
                                Jackson KV2
                                Jackson KE1T
                                Jackson KE1F
                                Jackson SL1

Comment

Working...
                                X