Lost Rhoads Found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Rhoads Found

Not sure if this is old news, but in Guitar World (April 07) they have pictures of the owner of the Third and final hand built prototype.
    ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Oh, also what really sucked when i got the mail was the final issue of FHM magizine!

about the missing RR: one of the assistants sold it to a passing attendees at the '84 NAMM. Grover had a panic attack. Some guy name Mike bought it. He did not realized what he had and traded it to a guitar store in Long Beach. In exchange they gave him a Neal Schon Aria Pro II guitar and a JC 120. This Gregg guy (17 at the time) was a teacher there and a Randy fan. The boss of the store let him work to repay what amounted to 2K.
    ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Pics please...
      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

That article seemed full of inaccuracies and a lot of embellishment. Overalll, it seemed like the dude was doing all he could (and more) to talk up the value of the guitar, so he could cha-ching in later. Just my impression.

Comment

Linky-----> http://seanmichaelclegg.com/gallery.html

Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...3&highlight=gw

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
              That article seemed full of inaccuracies and a lot of embellishment. Overalll, it seemed like the dude was doing all he could (and more) to talk up the value of the guitar, so he could cha-ching in later. Just my impression.
              I'll quote the email communication I had with him begin of january:

----- Original Message ----
              To: Sean Clegg
              Sent: Thursday, January 4, 2007 10:08:37 AM
              Subject: Re: RR Jackson

Sean Clegg wrote:
              > Hi Peter,
              > Thanks for writing back. The Randy connection was confirmed to myself
              > and GUITAR WORLD magazine by Grover Jackson himself. Randy and Grover
              > designed the black Jackson shown in all of Randy's last
              > concert photos, and were making the white one I own when Randy
              > died. Grover Jackson also gave an interview in 1984 where he explained
              > how he "lost" Randy's guitar at the NAMM show. So there /is/ a
              > verifiable Randy connection. And provenance available from Grover
              > Jackson himself. He also told me "of all the guitars I ever made...
              > this is the one I wish I had in a glass case on display" Frankly, this
              > guitar was his highest achievement... and made and finished with the
              > love and reverence of a man who just lost a very dear friend. Tim
              > Wilson helped me get in touch with Grover and knows about this guitar,
              > so that's a bit confusing. As for Delores, perhaps Grover didn't tell
              > her. In any case, if and when I sell it, there will be written
              > provenance from Grover Jackson himself.
              >
              > As for your price,
              > Grover himself wants to buy it back, and mentioned 20- 30 k
              > Guitar World thinks its worth much more.
              > I think its the best Jackson guitar ever made.
              >
              > Thanks again for your interest.
              > Did you check out www.accomplicemusic.com
              > <http://www.accomplicemusic.com/> ?
              > Let me know what you think.
              >
              > Ever direct any Rock videos?
              > Good luck in your film career!
              > Peace,
              > Sean
              personally, I don't think it is worth the value he's referring too

Comment

don't know if this pic was in GW, but here's a good shot:

Comment

Wicked!

Comment

Originally posted by pebber View Post
                    I'll quote the email communication I had with him begin of january...
                    The Rhoads "connection" is totally legit, of course. Sort of. I mean, he seems to embellish it quite a bit in the article, to make it seem like this was "Randy's guitar" when, in fact, Randy never even saw it. I mean, cripes, for all we know, Randy would've f**kin' hated the reverse inlays. (...j/k, but you know what I mean. )

But then in the article, he throws a bunch of s**t out there that's likely just uttter horseshit along with seeming to portray himself as a historical Jackson "expert". I'm going off memory here, but...

- It has a 5 piece maple neck and mahogany wings because Randy wanted it to sound like his Les Paul;
                    - It's special because they used brass parts then, and the current RRs are crap beause they're plastic ( )
                    - The sculpting, neck joint, headstock angle, and string-to-bridge angle are all "special".
                    - It's his "stratavarius" that's going to get him a "house on the hill" when he sells it.

Very cool and special guitar. Seems to be owned by a former used car salesman, though. One who looks an aweful lot like he used to star in a Fox family sitcom

Comment

Grover himself wants to buy it back, and mentioned 20- 30 k

Grover was asked about this guitar for me @ NAMM ..I beleive his response was something to the affect of .. "I won't verify it and make him a lot of money"
                      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

wel,I had the honor to speak with Delores last year, and she confirmed there were no other Randy guitars in the pipe at the time of his death.

you can read his reply in the quote on that

Comment

Kind of sad that there was no mention about the JCF run, too. That also said something to me about his possible motivations.

Comment

Why would he know about the JCF run?
                            So Grover thinks it's legit but doesn't want to help this clown make a profit? I'm sure he could get someone respected to do it if Grover wont. And if there are utter fools that will pay 25,000 for a Frankenstrat COPY, this guitar should bring 30,000 easy.

Comment

Weird how it finally resurfaced now. The guy sounds like a douche though.

Comment

Working...
                              X