No announcement yet.

Lost Rhoads Found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This guy is a tool.This article was one big classified add for"who wants to offer me cash for the guitar" I dont respect him because it seems somewhere alomg the line he stopped bieng randy crazy and started being cash crazy and used a guitar that randy never owned for his own self promotion of his music.If I had a jackson that rare I would keep it in the closet and bust it on those special days.Not try to pimp it in guitar world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebird V View Post
      Didn't Vinny Vincent get the forth one? It was the pink one.
      I have the article from GW, an interview (published posthumously) where Randy states the next one he was waiting on had a Floyd Rose on it, and that he was interested to try one out. It was originally gold metal-flake, then Vinnie painted it (blasphemy), as legend goes....I saw Vinnie playing it with the original finish (and old-school non fine-tunable Floyd) on the "Creatures of the Night" tour in '83...and have always heard that THAT was the one that was supposed to have gone to Randy...so what number is THAT one in the Rhoads history, if not #3, as it WAS in early '83, and did have the early Floyd?
      Last edited by jhale667; 12-25-2007, 02:01 AM.

Comment

• Another missing Rhoads

Originally posted by guitarzan2 View Post
        I never saw the answer to this question:

If #1 went to Randy &
        #2 is the white Lost NAMM guitar &
        #3 is the case template/Rob Lane/Diego guitar

What guitar is this?

That is another Rhoads at that same NAMM show where the white one wass old off. That black guitar went to a German music expo (like Namm) and was sold off there. Rob Witte knows the name of the German Expo. Somewhere in this forum I have posted a picture of the white NAMM guitar that was taken around the same time as this picture...

Diego

Comment

• Oh, I forgot to mention that I have an interview where Randy mentions some of these other Charvel's [Jackson's] that he was having made for him. If I have the chance I will try to post the mp3 of the interview...

D

Comment

• oh! that would be cool...please post it!

Comment

• here's the white one:

Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

• hey, diego, is there any chance you can check the scale length of your black vtrem rhoads? i'm starting to wonder if the originals were 24.75 (gibson) scaled.

sully
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

• Originally posted by Larz View Post
                  With regard to the matter of the guy actually gigging with it, knowing its history, I can see both sides, but when it comes down to it, it I think it would be a shame to let this masterpiece go unplayed. If this thing was really designed with contributions by Randy and intended for him to use in the studio and on the road, it needs to be spewing forth massive doses of metal, even if the great Randy isn't the one doing it. As a guitar teacher and inspiration to many students and pros I'd like to believe he would want it that way.

+1
                  Imagine, your a kid and you just scored the most bitchen axe you've ever seen, so happens it's a design your Idol played too, not even knowing that it was actually intended to be his very own axe, but your a kid in a band playing gigs and your not gonna whip this thing out? Yea Right!

Look at him, you can see in his eyes, he's saying,
                  "without this guitar, i would have never gotten laid"

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                  Randy Hansen, some Hendrix tribute player, got either the first or second one, possibly before EVH. Or he was the first FR endorser or something?
                  Dunno, but Randy Hansen is pretty bad ass at what he does, saw him at a Hendrix Tribute here in Seattle years back, and you just think you saw Hendrix. Even if his gig wasn't doing a Hendrix impersonation, as a guitarist the guy is a fantastic player i was pretty damn impressed, i was not expecting that caliber of a peformance.
                  Last edited by Trem; 01-21-2008, 08:29 AM.

Comment

• bringing back an old topic.
                    what is that extra switch right above the three-way toggle switch? What does it do?

if you go to this link: http://seanmichaelclegg.com/image12.jpg and zoom in, you can see the switch reallly clearly.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by randyrhoadsguitar View Post
                      bringing back an old topic.
                      what is that extra switch right above the three-way toggle switch? What does it do?

if you go to this link: http://seanmichaelclegg.com/image12.jpg and zoom in, you can see the switch reallly clearly.
                      A coil splitter. On a guitar that was a pile of wood when Randy passed. Just like any other guitar was when Randy passed.....and now owned by a punk.
                      Last edited by satch0922; 05-16-2008, 06:55 AM.

Comment

• alright, thanks satch. dii he add that in, because i don't see it on the original namm pic?
                        sigpic

Comment

• He must have added it which means it is not original which means it is not worth as much as he thinks it is. In my opinion, it would be tough for a real Randy Rhoads fan to love that guitar after Clegg molested it for all these years. If a real fan could afford what he wants for the guitar, it could only be rationalized as a rescue effort.

Comment

• He must have added it which means it is not original which means it is not worth as much as he thinks it is. In my opinion, it would be tough for a real Randy Rhoads fan to love that guitar after Clegg molested it for all these years. If a real fan could afford what he wants for the guitar, it could only be rationalized as a rescue effort.
                            Someone has a severe case of the sour grapes today.
                            You can have a new plate made exactly like the original for under $100. There goes the extra hole if it really bothers you that much. If it was me, I'd just pull the switch and plug the hole.
                            I don't know if he'll get the top $ he's asking, but I certainly don't begrudge the guy for doing what everyone here would have done if they could. Buy a guitar associated with an influence.
                            Last edited by MEX3; 05-16-2008, 08:13 AM.

Comment

• wow. agree on the sour grapes.

make fun of the guy all you want, but he was a pretty nice guy when i emailed back and forth with him, and measured the scale length for me when we had the "is it 24.75 scale thread." he's okay in my book.

sully
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

• Actually I have the magazine, I don't recall him ever saying he was selling the guitar. He said something along the lines of "Maybe some day this'll get me the house on top of the hill" but I don't remember anything being say that he was looking at selling it any time soon.

I have to admit some of the interview but mostly the pictures made me really think "Wow, all these years and that's the douchebag who ended up with it" but so far everything I have heard about the guy and what people have said after meeting him, he doesn't strike me so much as one now. (This is me retracting anything I said earlier)

As for the guitar itself, why does it matter if he put in a splitter? This *WAS NOT RANDY RHOADS GUITAR.* repeat after me *This guitar was never touched, looked at, breathed on, by Randy Rhoads*

The only meaning of this guitar is the legend surrounding it's leaving NAMM that year.

If the guy sells it for a million bucks then good for him (I have no idea what value he's placed on it) because the mystery, and legend around that guitar is still there. The whole "Was this meant for Randy" thing definity add's a mystique. But at the end of the day, it's just another Custom Rhoads.
                                In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Working...
                                X