No announcement yet.

New Charvel Desolation Star and Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.charvel.com/guitars//sear...tno=2931430596 This makes my inner Roope Latvala fanboy happy. Might get this one instead of single cut.

Comment

If this line sells well, do ya think they'll offer a USA or MIJ line? Or perhaps bring back the USA Std. Star but with the neck thru/24 frets?

Comment

Thanks Toejam! I just took the time to look at the web site. Really diggin' the Star!
        JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Drooling over the single hum floyd model........ sudden feeling of GAS coming on....
          Throw down or fucking bite your own bullet.....

Comment

On the Star... the Solid Colors in the DST1 do not have binding. Only the figured tops. There is a little flexibility there option wise for the "old school" Charvel people. These should be at your Dealers after NAMM.

Comment

Thanks for jumping in Bionic.
              JB aka BenoA

Comment

Lo, for both ye Star and Soloist feature controls at a distance from ye bridge pickup! Well done, Charvel'ians! For this knight shalln't crash'eth mine rhythm paw into controls whence attacking ye strings with Earth-shattering palm-mute'age!

This post now concludeth!
                WITNESS YE TALES OF THIS VERY KNIGHT IN METALLIC, CINEMATIC GLORY!
                http://www.heavymetalsuperstar.com

Comment

It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                  ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Am I the only one who can't get over the ugly abalone inlays in the 2 hum version of the Star? The dots look way better.
                    JB aka BenoA

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                      Am I the only one who can't get over the ugly abalone inlays in the 2 hum version of the Star? The dots look way better.
                      Nope. And Shark fins would be even better than dots.

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                        No, I'm there with you. I might try to get my paws on one with the dots eventually.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I like the abalone binding and fancy inlays. Its not a schecter, so I wont think of them. I have the original soloist, and USA rr-1's and stuff. The fancy inlays are a nice change. This guitar is for the market of the new players who are starting out. Parents will suprize them with one or somthing. Huge market for that, as I see it happening at GC every time I go there.

Comment

I can see a lot of Charvel pointy necks with wide dots coming to Ebay, if the neck pockets are right. But I will give a big thumbs up to J/C for what they're doing. GAS is such a PITA
                            "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter View Post
                              I can see a lot of Charvel pointy necks with wide dots coming to Ebay, if the neck pockets are right. But I will give a big thumbs up to J/C for what they're doing. GAS is such a PITA
                              I didn't even think of that but yes, absolutely. I have a couple of bound, 24 fret DK2 necks that would look bitchin on the single hum white star.

Comment

Originally posted by tcwil8 View Post
                                I didn't even think of that but yes, absolutely. I have a couple of bound, 24 fret DK2 necks that would look bitchin on the single hum white star.
                                Me 2!
                                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X