New Charvel Desolation Star and Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Charvel Desolation Star and Soloist

That's more like it, they're doing a Star. Proper Charvel, not like this Les Paul stuff...

http://www.charvel.com/guitars/?sect...bodyShape=Star
    http://www.charvel.com/guitars/?sect...ape=Soloistâ„¢

Edited to include all the current pics on the Charvel site.
    Last edited by Confuse-a-Cat; 01-11-2012, 12:43 PM.
    I like maple fretboards. :P

looks like they found their way back on the path!!!! aside from the gaudy trim/inlays they look nice. i like the control layout on the soloist.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

That abalone binding screams Schecter Diamond Series.

Comment

Hopefully they make these in the "-2" vein as well!
        I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

The Charvel blog post mentions a bolt-on DST-3, but no mention of a -2 or anything but the DX-1 version of the Soloist. I'm curious about the recessed controls on the DX. It's a flat-top, right? :think:

Comment

We didn't do a -2 version..which would mean primarily, a set neck. Bolt on Star, Neck thru Star. DX comes in neck through only.

Comment

Just posted the same subject in the import Charvel page!

here`s a couple of vids..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kerur...2FD&lf=context

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfX9N...2FD&lf=context
              www.vendetta-theband.com
              www.atomhawk.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bionic View Post
                We didn't do a -2 version..which would mean primarily, a set neck. Bolt on Star, Neck thru Star. DX comes in neck through only.
                Thanks for the info.

Comment

SWEET! Love Star shapes!!! And neck thru, 24 frets? Holy sh*t!!! If they had one in a reverse head stock and it wasn't made in China I'd be ALL over that!
                  Last edited by vector; 01-10-2012, 12:56 PM.

Comment

i like that they are building it, but i hate those inlays. i am also guessing made in China too.

Comment

Originally posted by loud_and_dirty View Post
                      i like that they are building it, but i hate those inlays. i am also guessing made in China too.
                      Ayup. Not a fan of the inlays either. Hate to sound like a guitar snob but the made in China kills it for me, too. If Charvel USA were to release a pro mod of the Star with the same specs (neck thru, 24 frets, actives, floyd, NO fugly inlays) I'd consider snagging one.

Comment

i would have been very fine with it being made in Japan or even Korea. i work on way to many MIC guitars per day. The quality control is all over the place. The ultimate would have been a USA production model, or even limited with a reasonable price.

Comment

I like the 24-fret, neck-thru Star... except for the cheesy inlays and binding.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i am glad they are making the star affordable. it gives kids an option over the Gus G LTD.....i mean, the star was charvel's design (you know what i mean) so, to me, to have the only production version readily available be the LTD has be a sore spot....
                            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                              I like the 24-fret, neck-thru Star... except for the cheesy inlays and binding.
                              Yeah, totally. But I suppose part of the reason behind the whole Desolation series is to try to pull in the customers who like that sort of stuff - the young'uns who might be buying the blingy Schecters or LTDs otherwise. I don't mind it all that much, but I really don't like body binding. The soloist would look much better without.

And the inlays, what's with that shape? Either do proper sharkies or offset dots and I'd be happy. But then maybe they'd think that putting sharkies on the soloist would put it too close to the Jackson logo-ed models?

What they really ought to do is add a more 'proper' star into the Pro-mod range for us grumpy loyal fans.

Comment

Working...
                              X