New Charvel Desolation Star and Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
    Two things I would change on that one. Needs a matching headstock and black binding... Sharkies would kick ass on it too! ok, three things.
    Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Damn. Unfortunately, I think the 12th fret wide dot spacing would just bug me. Although I agree that the it's too much bling with the inlays. I'd have to see one in person.

Comment

Originally posted by Animus View Post
        I want a guitar made of ALL abalone. That would be badass. All shellfish should die for my shreddage delight.
        i had a wrc that was completely finished in abalone...monster weighed 14.5 pounds...while it may sound like a good idea it's really hard on the lower back...d.m.
        http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
          Well, I just acquired a new Les Paul style Desolation in trans black with the Floyd and it's a hell of a guitar. Made in China or not, the instrument rocked right out of the box. The new "Soloist" is an arch top too, these will be incredible guitars, and new with discounts you can get them for about $600 w/o case.
          I got a DS-2 ST a few days before Xmas, and I LOVE the guitar. Chinese or not. It really is a well built rocker. I might be considering a DC soon as well. The new ones, while I have no doubt that they will be just as good players as the older Desolations seem to be, hold no interest for me right now. Although, I have to say, the inlays and the binding don't bother me one bit. Both are nicely done in not being overwhelming.
          I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Did you scroll down the page and see the stoptail/TOM version? And the one-hum version with Floyd?

Well punch my brown eye.. LOL

Comment

Anyone have an idea as to when these are available?
              Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Anybody know what they are made of? Other than the maple neck and rosewood board, no mention of the body construction at all...
                Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Hendrix View Post
                  Anyone have an idea as to when these are available?
                  I am sure there will be some at NAMM this month.
                  "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

I like!

Comment

Originally posted by SausageofPower View Post
                      I wanna love that Soloist...but the abalone kills it. I never understood the models that overused it and I still don't.
                      Yeah, me too. I think I could learn to live with it, but it would be so much nicer without.

When will people learn that a simple ivoroid neck/headstock binding is enough?

Jackson and Charvel both come out with decent quality, affordable Soloists. The Jackson X series annoy me with their lack of matching headstocks. The Charvels annoy me with their binding. Third time lucky?
                      I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

^+1

I really don't like the body binding. It is girly like, haha. Anyway, I wanna see more pointy headstocks! Can they please do a Promod or wildcard with a pointy headstock...

Comment

Originally posted by Confuse-a-Cat View Post
                          When will people learn that a simple ivoroid neck/headstock binding is enough?
                          Oooooo....... you can NEVER have enough bling binding!
                          "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by loud_and_dirty View Post
                            The ultimate would have been a USA production model, or even limited with a reasonable price.
                            Too much "bling bling" for my taste on the Dinky but the Star with pointy headstock looks pretty cool. Are they only available in black or white? A "limited USA made run" on the Star would have been awesome. Just like they had done with the San Dimas and Pro Mod.

Also, any idea when these will be available?
                            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by Corpsegrinder88 View Post
                              Well punch my brown eye.. LOL
                              I'll make your brown eye blue!
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                                Too much "bling bling" for my taste on the Dinky but the Star with pointy headstock looks pretty cool. Are they only available in black or white?
                                The one with dot inlays seems to be only black and white. The other two are also available in flametops with the weird inlays and body binding.
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X