No announcement yet.

New Charvel Desolation Star and Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I just acquired a new Les Paul style Desolation in trans black with the Floyd and it's a hell of a guitar. Made in China or not, the instrument rocked right out of the box. The new "Soloist" is an arch top too, these will be incredible guitars, and new with discounts you can get them for about $600 w/o case.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by loud_and_dirty View Post
      i would have been very fine with it being made in Japan or even Korea. i work on way to many MIC guitars per day. The quality control is all over the place. The ultimate would have been a USA production model, or even limited with a reasonable price.
      +1 Just posted in the Import Charvel thread about how the MIK ESP/LTD Star ( RL-600) wasn't too shabby quality-wise and shared a lot of the same specs- 24 frets, neck-thru, Floyded, alder body. I'd snag a MIJ or MIK Star.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
        Well, I just acquired a new Les Paul style Desolation in trans black with the Floyd and it's a hell of a guitar. Made in China or not, the instrument rocked right out of the box. The new "Soloist" is an arch top too, these will be incredible guitars, and new with discounts you can get them for about $600 w/o case.
        Damn Right Joe.

I got a DS1T and Its amazing for a 600 dollar guitar new..Hope to see a Non floyded Star and maybe even a one Hum would add that icing on the cake..

Id own another one easy.

Comment

I am digging the bolt on star but I hope it has compund radius instead of straight 12" thats mentioned in the specs.

Comment

Originally posted by Corpsegrinder88 View Post
            Hope to see a Non floyded Star and maybe even a one Hum would add that icing on the cake..

Id own another one easy.
            Did you scroll down the page and see the stoptail/TOM version? And the one-hum version with Floyd?

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Confuse-a-Cat View Post
              What they really ought to do is add a more 'proper' star into the Pro-mod range for us grumpy loyal fans.
              Indeed!
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Looking at the Soloist...

Pretty cool. However, I don't understand why dousing lower level lines in abalone has become the standard. Who started that trend? Probably ESP or Schecter. I remember when abalone used to be viewed as an expensive inlay option.

Abalone is blingy indeed, but on some guitars it can be okay in moderation. But binding AND inlays on a guitar like this is too much.

Summary: I probably wouldn't buy one of these mainly because of the abalone dousing.
                Last edited by Chad; 01-10-2012, 03:46 PM.

Comment

I want a guitar made of ALL abalone. That would be badass. All shellfish should die for my shreddage delight.
                  2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
                  Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

I wanna love that Soloist...but the abalone kills it. I never understood the models that overused it and I still don't.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      Did you scroll down the page and see the stoptail/TOM version? And the one-hum version with Floyd?

OH YEAH, now thats cool. TOM, 1 hum, paint it piss yellow for all i care....hahaha

Comment

Muahahahahaha

Comment

GREAT! just when I thought I was done with GAS!

Comment

DAMMIT! They are determined to force me to buy a Chinese guitar!!! I don't mind the inlays at all. I'm thinking of one in Snow White would look awesome!
                            Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

the single hum looks kind of cool.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X