Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stars

I like the stars.
    Relatively minor gripes (at least until I can play one ). I wish the neck thru was 1 hum & not EMGs. That being said I wouldn't be opposed to dumping my DXMG & picking up the bolt-on Star. I too hope it has a compound radius fretboard. Again I need to play one though. My other gripe is the Soloists. My view is Jackson = Soloists, Charvels = Super Strat. This is what I remember from the hey day so... :think: Also they look like carbon copies of the new import SL models with a Charvel logo & abalone treatment. Lastly it would be cool if they had an option for maple fretboard on the bolt-on.

I don't mind the Charvel Sharktooth inlay. Without a better pic it looks like the pyramid inlay, but I don't hate it.
    KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
    I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

• Originally posted by Hamner1 View Post
      My other gripe is the Soloists. My view is Jackson = Soloists, Charvels = Super Strat. This is what I remember from the hey day so... :think:
      But Soloist = Super Strat. :think:

Maybe you meant

"My view is Jackson = Soloists, Charvels = Hot Rod Strat"
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• I've just ordered this beauty:

Comment

• that's one terrible photoshop

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Hendrix View Post
            Two things I would change on that one. Needs a matching headstock and black binding... Sharkies would kick ass on it too! ok, three things.

Slime green, reverse the head stock, black hardware and that's money, G. FTMFW.

Comment

• China = No
              Ugly Inlays = No
              Wrong Spaced 12th fret dots = No (that one really bugs the hell out of me and such an easy fix)

Still plenty of seriously high quality affordable guitars made by World Musical Instruments S. Korea out there. Would never buy one of these.

Comment

• Originally posted by lepard View Post
                China = No
                Ugly Inlays = No
                Wrong Spaced 12th fret dots = No (that one really bugs the hell out of me and such an easy fix)

Still plenty of seriously high quality affordable guitars made by World Musical Instruments S. Korea out there. Would never buy one of these.

I have a DS2.
                Its not my dream guitar, by any means. And it certainly isn't what you expect from a Jackson/Charvel.
                But they are not bad.

My only real complaint is the body is much smaller than a Les Paul. I mean, its tiny.

Here's my DS2 sitting beside my LTD EC1000
                http://209.160.33.72/ds_img_direct.p...&l1=701&l2=582

Comment

Working...
                X