No announcement yet.

Avenged Sevenfold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new stuff seems better..I traded their old stuff off.. just wasn't worthy for MY collection..

It's cool that these young dudes are playing guitars again..I's rather see this Emo/Screamo "fashion"..than those silly misguided douches decked out in FUBU wear..just a few years ago.

I'm listening to Eidolon's new cd as we speak..which surprised me in a personal way..

With players such as Loomis, Drover, Broderick, and a shred roster far too much to list...I just don't have time for this kind of stuff..yes, they're "good"..but..

When it comes to shred/metal..I'm an elitist..so "good" just doesn't cut it. I only invest my time and money to seek, find and listen to the very best!

Bill Z
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

guitars have some talent, but otherwise a pretty overrated boring band. rather like shitdom of a down.
      1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelMadeja
        and they all look like douchebags now.
        NO, they did looked like douchebags, look at the pic on the first page of this thread, that is a faggotery. With their new image they have at least change to get laid and support some major bands like Guns'N'Roses.
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84
          Thats a pretty old picture...they have more of a Motley Crue look going on now.
          Hmmm, I just saw them at Ozzfest, and they certainly didn't have anything even close to a Motley Crue look going on. They still looked like a bunch of ass pirates. Plus, they were extremely lame.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I totally disagree with your assesment of rhythm players John. I play close to half the leads in my band, but always have considered myself a rhythm player, because I just prefer the heaviness of it to the meedly meedly stuff. You can have a band without leads, but not without rhythm. Plus, I've known a lot of awesome soloists, who couldn't play rhythm to save their life. If all you can play is leads, you're pretty close to useless IMO.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler
              I totally disagree with your assesment of rhythm players John. I play close to half the leads in my band, but always have considered myself a rhythm player, because I just prefer the heaviness of it to the meedly meedly stuff. You can have a band without leads, but not without rhythm. Plus, I've known a lot of awesome soloists, who couldn't play rhythm to save their life. If all you can play is leads, you're pretty close to useless IMO.
              Woohoo! maybe there is still a chance of me becoming a rock star LOL!

Comment

I seen COB three times and John just saw them at the Slayer show and was pretty impressed..

Umm..I could hang with the vids I saw so far on this thread..no doubt in my mind.

Even tho I think Alexi is a little A-ho..Alexi A-ho..neither John or I could hang with him, he's a cut above..he's pretty fuggin' good..

Alexi can't hang with Jeff Loomis,..saw 'em both on the same bill..not even close.

But, like I said..I'm glad to see the younger dudes shredding again, caring about their tone and shit..I was dreaming for this to happen just 4-5 years ago..I didn't think it would happen..I'm really glad it did!!!!

sure beats scratching records and making fart noise in their hands..WTF was that about??!!:ROTF:

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik
                  With their new image they have at least chance to get laid and support some major bands like Guns'N'Roses.
                  :ROTF: LMAO!!! GnR haven't been a major band or done anything in about 10 years.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
                    :ROTF: LMAO!!! GnR haven't been a major band or done anything in about 10 years.
                    That's not true Joe, remember they cancelled a concert at the FU Center in Philly 15 minutes before they were supposed to go onstage because Axl "just wasn't in the mood" What a douchebag!
                    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

When was that, and who was in the band at the time? It's just the Axl "Diva" Rose show now, has been for a long time, and not really GnR.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

sold out stadium concerts doesn't mean it's a major band???

for example in Finland, they sold ALL THE TICKETS IN 4 MINUTES!!!
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I'm pretty sure it was within the last 3 years. I know that Buckethead was playing guitar, not sure who else was playing. So I guess it was the Axl "Diva" Exp. lol

I wish Ron would kick him in the ass as if he was Ed Roman. lol
                          Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

call me a weirdo but when I heard the news about Axl's fight with Hilfiger and Axl biting somones leg and all the other shit then I was like... Fuck Yeah!! Axl Is Back!!! Asshole or not, the world seriously needed an egomaniac rockstar. I have enough of pussy rockers and UG metalheads whos attitude is boooring as hell. Rock'n'roll is all about doing idiotic things and talking shit about others.

Comment

"Rock'n'roll is all about doing idiotic things and talking shit about others.."

I can do that!!

Comment

let's put it this way, it's nice to turn the radio and listen to some good riffs and shreddin'. i personally fukkin love them, and can't goto the gym without them in the CD player. wouldnt you argee that it beats limp biskit atleast???!

Comment

Working...
                                X