X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avenged Sevenfold

Thats right bro's!!!
    The CD is called City of Evil

There are a ton of great guitar solos on this CD.
    Actually, the entire CD is VERY good. The only critique that I could make is the singer is a little whiny and nasal.
    Give the entire CD a listen too. You will agree. The guitar players in this band are both VERY good.

I agree with everything you said. Great players and a whiny singer. I do enjoy their music, though.
    Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

yeah great album. My fav song is Trashed and Scattered. Cant get enough of that song.
      I agree with your comments about the singer, sometimes he sings well then goes into an annoying emo nasel sound
      If you wake up in the morning, it's because Jack Bauer spared your life.

Comment

compared to the whiny singers of the 80s, I don't think he's bad. Although I've only caught a couple of tunes on HBB. worth looking into then?
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Terrible, terrible band of trend jumpers. Fashioncore.

Comment

Is it the CD with Bat Country on it? I like that tune a lot. If so, I might have to check out the rest of the CD.
            Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Originally posted by Inearthed
              Terrible, terrible band of trend jumpers. Fashioncore.
              I could give a shit about trends or fashion or emo or any of that other crap. Other than the singers whiny voice, the guitar players in Avenged Sevenfold rip big. To me.. they are what 2 Bucketheads would sound like if they were doing Stryper solo's. Great guitar chops. Really great.
              I would say that the entire City of Evil CD is one big shredfest!
              Thats cool because my kids who are 16,14 and 12 love them.
              For the guitarist who likes duel ripping technical and extremely well played solos this album is absolutely worth checking out.

Here is the song list.

1 Beast and the Harlot(5:40) 2Burn It Down(4:58) 3Blinded in Chains(6:34) 4Bat Country(5:13) 5Trashed and Scattered(5:53) 6Seize the Day(5:32) 7Sidewinder(7:01) 8Wicked End(7:10) 9Strength of the World(9:14) 10Betrayed(6:47) 11M.I.A.
              Last edited by jgcable; 05-18-2006, 01:54 PM.

Comment

I think the band has good musicians, but it ain't my thing. Sidewinder is the shit though.

Comment

Originally posted by Deneb
                  I think the band has good musicians, but it ain't my thing. Sidewinder is the shit though.
                  Its not my style of music either but good musicianship is good musicianship. The songs are really well written too with some classical and nylon guitar stuff in there too.

Comment

Comment

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The guitarists don't play the way they look. Trust me on this.
                        I bet they were Maiden or Stryper fans before they went Emo or whatever you call it. Speed picking, sweeps, dives, modes, alternate picking and tasty dual solos are all over just about every song. Even some Flamenco type playing.

Comment

They use to be good. I remember seeing them a couple years ago. Now his voice sucks and they changed their sound.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9en-HxX0IMU

Comment

Saw them when they came through Providence. They put on a great show. They are big Dream Theater fans. Not only can you hear it in thier music, but they used the line "Metropolis takes it's toll" in Trashed and Scattered.

Comment

Working...
                              X