What's Your Favorite Pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bibz View Post
    But now I'm using Ultex Sharp 1mm. Perfect pick! It's as close to the red Gels but sharp. I like the consistency of newish picks. Can't be too fresh, can't be too old. Gotta have a little bit of give for the major chugs and plenny of bite when your meedlin'!
    I love the red Gels. Never really cared for the regular Ultex, but maybe I should try the sharp?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i have some others, but these are my favorite. particularly the one I use. I have a couple of bags of them, but I have one that I've been using since 2003 or 2004. Same one. I'm afraid of losing it. I should really put it in a frame one of these days. I didn't really care about what pick I used until I got that one.

Comment

I used to use various widths of Tortex Green Blue and Purple... however:

Best.

Pick.

EVER:

The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          I love the red Gels. Never really cared for the regular Ultex, but maybe I should try the sharp?
          Theyre not as slick as the gels, but they're not far off! I like them as a compromise. Maybe its been too long between gels

Comment

I love the feel and sound of the Ultex picks but for me the edges wear about 5x faster than tortex picks. You don't need the sharps if you have some short pile carpet.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Scarn View Post
              but I have one that I've been using since 2003 or 2004.
              Wow. Picks last me a while, but damn!

You've been using the same pick for 8 or 9 years?!

Must be like the rock hammer from Shawshank Redemption, 'Damn near worn down to the nub'

Comment

Originally posted by bibz View Post
                Theyre not as slick as the gels, but they're not far off! I like them as a compromise. Maybe its been too long between gels
                I'll have to give them a try soon. I haven't tried too many pointy picks. I've got a few of the red Dunlop Big Stubbies around... they're 1.0mm but they feel thinner for some reason and seem to flex a little. I keep going back to my red Gels or Gator Grip .96mm.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

My favorite is the Jim Dunlop USA .88mm. Feels just right.
                  sigpic
                  Just trying to get better than I used to be...

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                    I love the feel and sound of the Ultex picks but for me the edges wear about 5x faster than tortex picks. You don't need the sharps if you have some short pile carpet.
                    Mine wear less than tortex and don't get that ugly edge on them. They wear much better and in turn last longer, IMO. At least for me.
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                      Wow. Picks last me a while, but damn!

You've been using the same pick for 8 or 9 years?!

Must be like the rock hammer from Shawshank Redemption, 'Damn near worn down to the nub'
                      you'd be surprised, it's still in good shape. You can even still see the turtle

Comment

Back to using those grey Dunlop Nylon .73s after years of using 2mm Gators. Had to adjust my rhythm playing a bit but it's working well thus far.
                        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Purple Tortex...
                          -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Green Tortex.
                            I still practice with Stylus when I'm serious...which isn't often enough (obviously).

Comment

60MM - Orange/Tortex

Comment

Knob scabs.

Comment

Working...
                                X