Originally posted by Chad View Post
    Jazz III reds
    I love those little evil red bastards.
    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Me too.

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
      So now my favorite pick is plain old Jim Dunlop USA Nylon .73mm

These are what I have used for the last 15 years or so....just like you I found one someplace and was always my 'go to' pick....so I started using them all the time.
      Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Purple Tortex 1.14.. I have about 50 of them lying around, have tried many other gauges, materials, shapes, and keep going back to those.. Tried the Jazz, and couldn't deal with them at all.. I will use a nylon on an acoustic, though..
        Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
          These are what I have used for the last 15 years or so....just like you I found one someplace and was always my 'go to' pick....so I started using them all the time.
          Isn't that funny... sometimes the most plain jane shit is the one that works the best.

They are pretty durable too...
          sigpic
          Action Jackson

Comment

The least worn one I can find around the house. Right now, that would be a red one with Guitar Center printed on it.

You guys should get used to random picks instead of painting yourself into a corner with Jazz IIIs and such...that's my advice. I can play just as well with a tiny thin Jazz III or a 3.omm dunlop.

I learned this over the years..
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

But I do prefer the thick black long ones with the pink-ish tip..just like Kim Kardashian.
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I like the 1.5mm Dunlop Max-Grips. They wear down nicely, and the grippy surface helps keep the pic from flying into someone's eye after a major Steve Vai-esque wank session.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                  But I do prefer the thick black long ones with the pink-ish tip..just like Kim Kardashian.
                  lol good one horns666
                  JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                  Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDaze View Post
                    Don't forget about the carpet trick...
                    Yeah, but when you try it out the first time:
                    Don't push it down too hard and when you read this thread in the right condition you're better off waiting till you're sober. No matter how curious and enthusiastic you are.
                    I still got my first tries on my carpet. I guess they're about to stay where they are...

I switched from usual Jazz IIIs to these:

This Grip-surface works really great for me.
                    Didn't notice any diffference besides that...
                    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

If Ive ever gotten annoyed with the fact that tortex gets slippery when wet, Ive scored a couple picks up with a razor blade before. Its not quite like the grip tape thing going on on the above pick, but adds a rubber-y feel so it grips your fingers a little better. My main problem with slippage is the pick turning, not dropping them completely though.

There used to be these really nice, thick white dunlop jazz IIIs that actually had grip tape embedded in them. It was a great pick, cant find them anymore unfortunately.
                      Last edited by Twitch; 01-12-2012, 08:02 AM.
                      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

If you liked these Jazz IIIs I'd give the above a try.
                        IMO there's roughly a chance for the pick to turn at all with this surface.

I'm not sure if I got your tape/embedded part right, but there is nothing taped on these picks.
                        tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Guess you could call it a grip tape(the shit on skateboard decks) inlay.
                          HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                            If Ive ever gotten annoyed with the fact that tortex gets slippery when wet, Ive scored a couple picks up with a razor blade before.
                            I used to do the razor blade thing when I used the blue 1.0mm Tortex picks years ago. Read an article where Dimebag said he used to do that to his picks. It worked pretty well.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

This in 1.5mm. I like the fact that it has three picking areas / lasts three times longer. And it's a hard plastic that gives a sharp "attack" on the strings.

Comment

Those are made of lexan (bulletproof glass). I used them for awhile, and I liked them, but I eventually defected to the ultex offerings.

Comment

Working...
                                X