What's Your Favorite Pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Your Favorite Pick?

I used to use Dunlop Tortex .50mm for the longest time then I tried the Tortex .73mm but they were too stiff... then I realized I would always go to this gray pick that I found some fucking place that was in my guitar case... now I won't use anything else.

So now my favorite pick is plain old Jim Dunlop USA Nylon .73mm

I use 9 - 46 Custom Light Blue Steels... So I don't need to hammer down with a 2mm pick... Why do I use such small strings and picks?

I have carny hands.

Think this will be a good thread for pick discussion and maybe someone will get some new ideas that they have been missing out on... <--- ME
    sigpic
    Action Jackson

Dunlop Tortex blue. I used to play those skinny red ones, but then started moving up to thicker picks. the thin ones were just clangy. the thick ones are better, more articulate IMO. better tone too, why I have NO idea.
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

black sharp dunlop tortex

Comment

Carlos Mencia....oh..wait. Seriously, do like him a lot though. Dunlop tortex jazz pointies, right now Im using the black 1.14m version.

EDIT: Apparently, the official model of the picks I now use are the Pitch Black Jazz IIIs in 1.14mm. Theyre hard to keep track of though because theyre black, so I buy them 3 dozen at a time.
        Last edited by Twitch; 01-12-2012, 08:06 AM.
        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Fender .88mm M/H. Green non glossy material called Delrin or something like that.

The perfect compromise between medium & heavy for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
            I used to use Dunlop Tortex .50mm for the longest time then I tried the Tortex .73mm but they were too stiff... then I realized I would always go to this gray pick that I found some fucking place that was in my guitar case... now I won't use anything else.

So now my favorite pick is plain old Jim Dunlop USA Nylon .73mm

I use 9 - 46 Custom Light Blue Steels... So I don't need to hammer down with a 2mm pick... Why do I use such small strings and picks?

I have carny hands.

Think this will be a good thread for pick discussion and maybe someone will get some new ideas that they have been missing out on... <--- ME

I have used that exact same Dunlop .73 nylon pick since the 1980's. You must be as excellent a player as I am.

That company makes the Dunlop crybaby wah pedal too. I think they have some association with MXR and Way Huge as well.
            Jackson KV2
            Jackson KE1T
            Jackson KE1F
            Jackson SL1

Comment

Blue or green totex

Comment

Dunlop Green Tortex for me. Every now and then I use the Fender Delrins in green also.
                Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Generally, I use 2 picks. I like the really heavy stuff-

Dunlop 2.0 MM Gator Grips-
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Mediator-Dunlop-GATOR-GRIP-2mm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	2445856

or

Pickboy Bone. I think it's a 3 or 4 MM pick.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pickboy_Bone_4d4f16c60ecc1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	2445857

I also use 9-42 Ernie Ball or Aurora strings.

Comment

Dunlop Ultex Jazz III 2.0mm's. I try other things, but I keep coming back to them.

Comment

fender jazz/mandolin picks. i have used these since 1987....

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Dunlop Tortex .50mm been playing guitar for 20+ years and I cant remember using anythning other than them.
                        addicted to Jackson guitars since 1993

Comment

Dunlops... the purple Gator Grip .96mm or the red Gel heavy which I believe is 1.0mm
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Dunlop Jazz III - the li'l red ones!

Comment

Dunlop Big Stubby 3mm. Purple FTW!
                              "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Working...
                              X