Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dunlop Tortex Pitch Black Jazz 1.14MM.

Comment

I hop around between .73 tortex, ultex, and gator grip depending on mood, whim, or whatever is on hand. I also use Dava grip picks and like them a lot. http://www.davapick.com/
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I use a 1973 dime that I always have kicking around..tried both a penny (good size, but too thick) a nickel (WAAAY too thick and heavy) and a quarter (that was just ridiculous). Always gravitate back to the dime
        I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Dunlop Jazz III all day

Comment

I've been using acrylic picks from Gravity Picks lately. They have nicely beveled edges and come in a variety of shapes and thicknesses. Not sure if he's still doing it, but if you tell him what you currently use, he'll send you a similar sample pick to try out for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
              Dunlop Jazz III - the li'l red ones!
              These. And I've been surprisingly good at keeping them out of the clutches of the pick gnomes...
              I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

I've been using Sik Piks for a few months now (was using orange Tortex previously). I absolutely *love* these picks, and am convinceed the tone I'm getting is far superior. I strongly recommend you guys give 'em a try:

http://www.sikpik.com/buy.htm

I ordered the the 'sampler' pack and seem to be sticking with the D55.
                My other signature says something funny

Comment

The Dunlop Ultex 1.14mm is what I always use, but I got the others to laugh.

"illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
                    Generally, I use 2 picks. I like the really heavy stuff-

Argyle guitar picks-
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]3320[/ATTACH]
                    I turned this pair into earrings.

Pickboy Bone. I think it's a 3 or 4 MM pick.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3318[/ATTACH]

I also use 9-42 Ernie Ball or Aurora strings.
                    Fixed
                    Attached Files
                    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                        I have used that exact same Dunlop .73 nylon pick since the 1980's. You must be as excellent a player as I am.
                        Oh yeah I'm a super star...

Originally posted by Jaymzhulk View Post
                        Dunlop Tortex .50mm been playing guitar for 20+ years and I cant remember using anythning other than them.
                        I know what you mean man... that is all I used for the longest time... but I couldn't get meaty with them and the .73 green was just too stiff but I feel the Nylon .73 is just right... but I guess it all depends on what style you are playing and what sound you are looking for.

My buddy had this pick that has so much texture it will almost just stick to your finger... my bass is sitting at his house and that is the only pick over there... its cool but its got so much grip there is no give at all with it. I look tonight see wtf brand it is.

Thanks for all the replies very helpful guys keep them coming!!!
                        sigpic
                        Action Jackson

Comment

Jazz III reds

Comment

Very interesting thread!

I'm a "pick whore" or may be I suffer chronic "pickinitis"... ??? :think:

In all the years I've played, I've been going through so different picks. I have a box in my jam room that I call the "pick cemetary". Different thickness, material, shape... (I should take a pic of this!)

I started with thin picks... Went to thicker ones. Played with the small Jazz III for some years but my right hand got some kind of tired of holding them. I was getting cramps. Weird!

BTW, one pick I tried a couple of years ago was those Planet Waves Black Ice. I really liked them. Just a bit bigger than the Jazz III but they are hard to find around here.

These days I'm using some custom made picks I got from a banner that showed up at the top of the forum, I think it was "Clayton".

1.26 mm delrin with my band's logo.

What I did not like at first was that the side edge is very "squared" compared to Dunlop delrin picks that some kind beveled. Anyway, I got used to them and really like them now.

One real bad issue is that I go though them too quickly. The pointy edge gets round too fast!

I'm about to order another batch and thinking using acetal material the next time or even ultem.
                            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Don't forget about the carpet trick...

Comment

Good ol' trick!
                                JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                                Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Working...
                                X