Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dudes who owe me money...

Thanks guys...

Oh and one more thing Deneb....even though you're bashing me here and saying I'm "screwing Ron over" I have told him about my situation time and time again......I still wish you luck and hope that's it's nothing serious with your problem you're facing.

Comment

I understand tight money probably better than anyone here. I've been unemployed since April 2002, am basically unemployable because of 4 major medical conditions no one wants on their company medical, but am fighting social security for disability while they gamble that I'll die of heart failure, complications of my diabetes, or another and bigger strokje than the one I had last year. I can pretty much count on not seeing 50 and 47's up in 2-1/2 months. So I can relate to the problem.

I do think Toejam's offer was the perfect one, Ken. Ron could've been paid and Toe made it clear he's pretty much willing to wait years for that guitar, so that would've been less painless for you, and for Ron. Certainly it's your choice, but I can see why Ron would take that turndown as "Fukk it, Ron can wait". You
      know, Ron may be having it tough financially too, and is just not complaining. He's changed jobs a couple time this year I think,
      and we all know that will put you in a bind even if you're out of work for one week. I guess he wasn't bad off enough to tell you he was in a bind for the $, or maybe he was proud, or maybe figured he shouldn't have to beg for his $. It's natural to think first of how things are affecting you, but the other guy may be just as bad off. BTW, if your income's that low, consider applying for food stamps. I'm on them now or I'd have gone under
      6 months ago.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Rich,

I certainly hear where you're coming from. I'm unemployable because of such a large gap on my resume where I tried to get my own business off the ground. I usually get shot down because of that. It's close to a 2 year gap (with other smaller gaps in between), and I have no other excuse to cover it.

As it is...my girlfriend is on WIC (it's a program here in NJ that's similar to food stamps) And she's working a full time job...often works overtime as well...7 1/2 months pregnant. I'm really depressed about that too. So I'm sorry I fire back when put on the spot. I explained in full detail, to Ron in a PM, of why he didn't get his remaining balance yet this week.

And pertaining to offers of help here....it's no one else's responsibility but mine to pay off Ron. Ok...maybe it is a pride thing, but I'm not one to beg for help. I plan on paying Ron off...and that should be it. I could've been like that *eleven* dude...and just disappear completely. It's rather obvious that guy had no intention of paying Ron back at all now.
        I'm not going that route.

So again....sorry for returning the fire...but like other people say...it's between Ron and myself and should be left that way.

Comment

• Re: Dudes who owe me a bottle of aspirin

I think my head hurts from reading the rest of this thread. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I think my head hurts from reading the rest of this thread. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] I am about ready to give Ron the fukking 22 bucks to make the madness stop. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

LOL! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Oh wait...I'd better take that laugh back...I might get accused of laughing in Ron's face...or laughing at the deal. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Ron - what is your Paypal addy? I will pay the $22.50 balance, and you and Ken will be square.

Ken - Don't say no. It is not a loan or charity. It is a gift given in the spirit of the holidays. Merry Christmas.

I am serious.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Very gracious.
                  Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Ron - what is your Paypal addy? I will pay the $22.50 balance, and you and Ken will be square.

Ken - Don't say no. It is not a loan or charity. It is a gift given in the spirit of the holidays. Merry Christmas.

I am serious.

[/ QUOTE ] Trying to steal my thunder, eh? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] How about we split it? I'll send Ron $11.25 and you do the same?
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Might as well give 3% more for the fees Ron will incur. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Sorry, Stuka, that was not my intent. You will have a PM shortly.

Comment

Shreddermon,
                          Thanks...I really appreciate that...but Ron doesn't have a Paypal account, or he'd have been taken care of years ago.
                          I have money in my paypal account right now...but if I transfer it to my bank, it will be absorbed for overdrafts.
                          (Long story...but Ron knows the whole thing now)

That is such a cool gesture though.....I don't even know how I'd begin to thank you.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Might as well give 3% more for the fees Ron will incur. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had planned to. Ron will receive $22.50. I will send that + fees.

Comment

Ron, if Paypal is not an option, send me your address. A check will be sent soon. If Paypal is an option (that would be my preferred approach), I will cover your fees.

Stuka, you have a PM.

Happy Holidays to all.

Comment

I returned pm sir!
                                Scott

Comment

Working...
                                X