Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wait, you can't do double bends on floyd's?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In response to the tom and floyd assumption. My floyded guitar stayed in tune for weeks on end of practice. All i had to do was pull it out of the case every time it was in perfect tune. My other guitar player (with a TOM) had to tune his guitar plenty of times thought the night, every single damn time. I would keep saying, are you out of tune again? And one time the bass player points and says "it's a tune-o-matic" - and i said, well i never knew what that actually stood for, but it ain't workin.

Comment

• The tremel no people say the tremel no "hard tail" mode allows for you to be able to do double stops, since the full floating mode won't let you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiZnipHc1ec

Comment

• Originally posted by Trem View Post
        In response to the tom and floyd assumption. My floyded guitar stayed in tune for weeks on end of practice. All i had to do was pull it out of the case every time it was in perfect tune. My other guitar player (with a TOM) had to tune his guitar plenty of times thought the night, every single damn time. I would keep saying, are you out of tune again? And one time the bass player points and says "it's a tune-o-matic" - and i said, well i never knew what that actually stood for, but it ain't workin.
        You can get locking tuners for a tune o matic, so that you can get the tone/sustain of a hardtail along with the locking ability. My buddy has dunlop locking tuners on his Gibson studio

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by 3reach View Post
            You can get locking tuners for a tune o matic, so that you can get the tone/sustain of a hardtail along with the locking ability. My buddy has dunlop locking tuners on his Gibson studio
            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

• Gentlemen, I'm prepared for the upcoming 10th page anniversary of this thread. I just went down to the cellar and brought up 1883 Sac de Douche from Chateâu de Lavement. Smooth and delicate with fruity overtones due very special pear tree species called poire vaginale grow on the soil.

Last edited by Endrik; 09-17-2011, 09:25 AM.
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• Originally posted by 3reach View Post
                The tremel no people say the tremel no "hard tail" mode allows for you to be able to do double stops, since the full floating mode won't let you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiZnipHc1ec
                You're a Marketing person's dream. You believe every product claim ever made, and use them as facts in arguments.

"You wouldn't have gotten a cavity if you had brushed with Crest toothpaste, because Crest toothpaste helps prevent cavities, and 9 out of 10 dentists recommend brushing with it!"

Originally posted by 3reach View Post
                It's not the same thing.

Please tell me you are trolling and are not this dumb. Or are you 16? :think:

Comment

• I'II have to agree with the illuminati on the sustain issue. The JT-580 Takeuchi sustains just as much as any of my TOM Bridge guitars....without the Brass block! However a lightly tensioned floating floyd with 009's will kill your maniac wide, hard and fast vibrato technique slightly.

There is no two ways about it though. For blue notes and riffs, holding and sustaining a bend whilst playing other strings over the top of it, the floating variety of floyd does pull up enough to make all but the bent note flat and bending up the other strings slightly to compensate isn't always practical or possible. This doesn't happen on TOM Bridge guitars, non recessed floyd guitars with high spring tension and a trem stop and sprung Fender Trem types (Although I wouldn't choose one). For me, I like the string rattle when you hit a note with some welly on a TOM Bridge guitar, you can dig in and it feels firmer somehow, at least more wholesome and direct. I am willing to concede it might depend on your style.

Anyway you can't dig into an SL3 anyhow as the neck is too thin.

So what are you trying to say with this pear flavoured vaginal wash juice device then...?

As for toothpaste, it works! Its also a handy way for the aluminium industry to get rid of a whole heap of contaminated flouride. Wouldn't be using it in parts of Virginia though where the water is enough to melt your bones as it is.

And where is that sound engineer, MP3's sound shite.
                  Last edited by ginsambo; 09-17-2011, 02:12 PM.
                  You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

• As for the tremel no. Any bit of decent metal angle bracket and extra high tension springs will do more or less the same thing. You can make something up out of stainless which is hard as nails for a few quid. I might weld a bar between the trem block and the spring retainer....problem is the metal is so shite I don't reckon you could even tig it. No I wouldn't do hat really. Imagine the burns marks on the finish god damn!

Comment

• Think I might just repeat myself again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB6zw6RSZzU

Comment

• Originally posted by ginsambo View Post
                        There is no two ways about it though. For blue notes and riffs, holding and sustaining a bend whilst playing other strings over the top of it, the floating variety of floyd does pull up enough to make all but the bent note flat and bending up the other strings slightly to compensate isn't always practical or possible.
                        I compensate by resting my right hand on the trem to keep it from from rocking forward. Some people use the bar to hold the trem stable. Either way is much easier than trying to independently bend each affected string individually, and not too hard to learn with time.

Everything has tradeoffs. Most of us here arguing in favor of floyds like the benefits enough to put up with the slight challenges/disadvantages. You've made a good case that the tradeoff isn't good for you, or at least you think so without having actually tried in the real world. No big deal.

Comment

• This is the thread that doesnt end, yes it goes on and on my friend, some people started posting here not knowing what it was and theyll continue posting here forever just because, This is the thread that doesnt end, yes it goes on and on my friend, some people started posting here not knowing what it was and theyll continue posting here forever just because, This is the thread that doesnt end, yes it goes on and on my friend, some people started posting here not knowing what it was and theyll continue posting here forever just because, This is the thread that doesnt end, yes it goes on and on my friend, some people started posting here not knowing what it was and theyll continue posting here forever just because, This is the thread that doesnt end, yes it goes on and on my friend, some people started posting here not knowing what it was and theyll continue posting here forever just because, This is the thread that doesnt end, yes it goes on and on my friend, some people started posting here not knowing what it was and theyll continue posting here forever just because, This is the thread that doesnt end, yes it goes on and on my friend, some people started posting here not knowing what it was and theyll continue posting here forever just because, This is the thread that doesnt end, yes it goes on and on my friend, some people started posting here not knowing what it was and theyll continue posting here forever just because, This is the thread that doesnt end, yes it goes on and on my friend, some people started posting here not knowing what it was and theyll continue posting here forever just because, This is the thread that doesnt end, yes it goes on and on my friend, some people started posting here not knowing what it was and theyll continue posting here forever just because, This is the thread that doesnt end, yes it goes on and on my friend, some people started posting here not knowing what it was and theyll continue posting here forever just because, This is the thread that doesnt end, yes it goes on and on my friend, some people started posting here not knowing what it was and theyll continue posting here forever just because, This is the thread that doesnt end, yes it goes on and on my friend, some people started posting here not knowing what it was and theyll continue posting here forever just because, This is the thread that doesnt end, yes it goes on and on my friend, some people started posting here not knowing what it was and theyll continue posting here forever just because, This is the thread that doesnt end, yes it goes on and on my friend, some people started posting here not knowing what it was and theyll continue posting here forever just because, This is the thread that doesnt end, yes it goes on and on my friend, some people started posting here not knowing what it was and theyll continue posting here forever just because, This is the thread that doesnt end, yes it goes on and on my friend, some people started posting here not knowing what it was and theyll continue posting here forever just because, This is the thread that doesnt end, yes it goes on and on my friend, some people started posting here not knowing what it was and theyll continue posting here forever just because, This is the thread that doesnt end, yes it goes on and on my friend, some people started posting here not knowing what it was and theyll continue posting here forever just because, This is the thread that doesnt end, yes it goes on and on my friend, some people started posting here not knowing what it was and theyll continue posting here forever just because, This is the thread that doesnt end, yes it goes on and on my friend, some people started posting here not knowing what it was and theyll continue posting here forever just because,This is the thread that doesnt end, yes it goes on and on my friend, some people started posting here not knowing what it was and theyll continue posting here forever just because......
                          HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

• OK, just an update to set the record straight.

I just tryed this (DG) technique and am embarrassed and reluctant to say that I have mastered it fluently in under 30 seconds...I really didn't realise it was that easy. It really is as easy as bending a single string to pitch.

I am have teething issues however. I am using the outside of the base of my palm resting so the side of my palm catches and holds the projecting fine tuner assembly, which is handy as I have about 1/2" of builders callous projecting from that area. I recently pulled apart the trem, cleaned and oiled it. The fine tuners are spinning back and forwards as I am playing. How do the professional experienced floyd rose players do it? Or are their fine tuners all rusted and full of gunk? Thanks DG.

To set the record straight then, I guess all it comes down to now is personal preference regarding Tom vs Floyd.

It's been an interesting and enlightening post though.

And after much repetition I have learnt something.....
                            Last edited by ginsambo; 09-17-2011, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• Might even take the SL3 out gigging now and see how I get on with it over two hours.

BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THEIR PATIENCE!

...Sorry just had to edit taht as I spelt it wrong.
                              Now where is that Locktite for the fine tuners.

Still does sound slightly 'softer' than a TOM Bridge though and you can't play the soft, neck mellow tone, unless you have ape hands, as your hand is away from the rebounding bridge, but really these are minor non issues

And a free token of Landscape Gardening advice for DG. I've done a garden in Virginia and knows the soils and plants. Don't drink the water though as it does melt your bones.
                              Last edited by ginsambo; 09-17-2011, 03:09 PM.

Comment

• C'mon, have some balls and just let your freakin bend go a little flat, you're playing rock 'n roll for Christ's sake. It's supposed to be fugly. When you start playing your Floyded Jackson in the symphony, we'll worry about your bends being in tune perfectly. You're talking about playing AC/DC?...when have their guitars been in tune perfectly? And better yet, when will you be rocking a little Whole Lotta Rosie in a bar and have a drunk patron come up and criticize that one or two of your bends went a little flat....jeez.
                                My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Working...
                                X