Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there seriously no new Jackson guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do give Jackson Credit though; they've stuck to their guns on an import level by keeping them made in Japan, and not going Korean like Schecter to put more on a model. Whenever someone says they're thinking of a Korean Schecter or Indo Ibby, I suggest Jackson. Why? The Jacksons are built to last! I want a guitar that will outlast the hardware thats on it, not the other way around.

That said, they are loosing ground in terms of variety, but is it a distribution issue? They have a great seven string, but you never see it anywhere (the COW). Likewise, they have an LP Killer, but you don't see that anywhere either (the Mark Morton). Then they have two potent neck through guitars, the SL3 and the SLSMG. Why can't they get dealers to buy these things? Maybe if they tempted them with a low price and the dealer buys it and sees they've got interest and even sell it, they may go "Hey, thats a pretty good thing there" and order more.

EDIT: That having been said, it couldn't hurt to offer more variants like ESP and Ibanez; more maple fretboard models, more string thru models, etc.
    Last edited by CharvelRocker; 01-18-2008, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
      I didn't say I liked it either but it is what it is. Bitching about it won't do any good. Speak with your wallets...
      Your lack of common sense somewhat suprises me! It seems you think people only complain about the costs of Jackson guitars. This is not true, we'd just love to see the USA select have some more options, aswell as imports. This is quite a dissapointment, since there isnt much so far!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to insult you, but to be honest, the way you think and do not seem to understand other peoples posts seems quite retardish to me. You must not think it al comes down to the wallet, this is complete nonsense.

Anyhow, since there's not much news here, ill go back to my second hand sites bidding on RR Pro's with fixed bridge, dot inlays, and 2 hums!
      '87 Jackson RR Custom Shop

Comment

I think a lot of people are voicing the same thing..... not new bodies, but more options.
        More finish options, more pickup varieties (SD makes more than the JB/Jazz combo), offering string through or floyd on a model. I'm thinking like the King V which was only string thru and now is only floyd unless you go to a whole other price group. Am I right that the Jackson Stars are made in the same factory as the USA imports? They have this type of variety. Don't mean to bitch but this seems to have been the story for many NAMMS in the previous years. The RR24 was a great start, but keep it going.

As for endorsers it's the same old story, start on a Jackson and then when ESP or Ibinhad offers you a boat load of money go to them. Hammet, Hettfield, Mustaine, Alexi, ect. Can't really blame the up and comers. I'm sure if Jackson stepped in and made some offers they'd be right there.

How about a King V at the MG price range with the new Seymour Duncan Blackouts. Put some sick metal genre graphics on it. Doesn't get much more metal than that. Wouldn't that entice some young metal heads. Can you see the add in Guitar World.
        Jackson was the metal heads' guitar (one of em anyway) in the 80's. Why not now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm complaining, but I'm still only considering Jackson/Charvel for my purchases.

Karl

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
          You said it yourself, they seem like they are not interested in making money. Seems like that, doesn't it? Why? Because Fender doesn't really care about Jackson. That's clear. They see it as a nitch market, nothing more...

Jackson doesn't run the company. Fender does...

You've proven my points in your post. Thanks for that...

I didn't say I liked it either but it is what it is. Bitching about it won't do any good. Speak with your wallets...
          Fender is still a company interested in making money, and there is still a manager out there somewhere calling the shots about what is done with the Jackson brand. ESP shows that metal oriented guitars are definitely not a niche market and Jackson has what it takes to compete in this market, but seemingly is not interested in moving in on it.

I didn't prove any of your points. Try again here and show me a quote by a Fender executive saying "We don't care about Jackson and are going to mothball the whole product line because its a niche market."

I like your comment about the $500 budget thing too ahaha good shit. I've spent way more than $500 on guitars - did you ever see my ESP custom, Ernie Ball 7 string? I actually posted a picture with both of those plus five other guitars....

Comment

For me it's not a cost issue at all, I love the Japanese stuff. The new as well as the old. I think they are very well built guitars and I love their playability. Just need a little bit more variety.
            Originally posted by sakeido View Post
            I can afford whatever - but they don't make something I want. I wasn't looking for them to reinvent the wheel here. Look at the voids in their line-up:
            -a mahogany USA soloist without a Floyd. There isn't one.
            -a USA SLS. There isn't one.
            -a import SLSMG 7 string. There isn't one.
            -a import RR with no pickguard and no trem. There isn't one.
            -an archtop soloist of any kind. There isn't one.
            etc.
            Unfourtunatly, I would fall under one of those catagories.

Comment

i guess when you live in a world that companys for the most part continue to be aggressive in consumer demands, you expect it for all companies...

look at consumer electronics. if they don't keep pushing new products, or improving what they have, and keeping up with the other guys. they will be left in the dust.

Apple has the iPod which is a common house hold product. everyone has one to speak. the thing is they not stopped with the 1st generation pods. they keep pushing, and improving and expanding the pod. what drives them to make these moves?

look at the auto world. new models, new styles, in a world where new paint colors will not cut it. when ford hit the street with the new pony car, even though it is retro of the first stangs, it was a big seller. they saw that there would be a demand because of the mustangs fan base even though the car first came out in 64/65. and it attracted the younger crowed that were not even born at that time.

the next thing you know, the GTO comes out, you see a camaro back from the dead in the transformer movie. for god sake Ford brought back the GT and raised the bar with Shelbys on the road again.

Sorry for the blah, blah. but i guess my point is Jaskson needs to shit, or get of the pot. with all the new models coming out by others, i hope they make a move soon. they don't need to reinvent the wheel here. they have models from the past that can be brought from the dead and produce them with out the $$$$ tag.
              ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

just as a suggestion.. why couldn't jakcson make some of the jackson stars models mnroe widely available....? that surely can't cost that much? they have 24 fret rrs with 2 hums and everything...why is it so hard to produce what they produce for japan for the rest of the world?

Comment

Originally posted by sakeido View Post
                  Look at the voids in their line-up:
                  -a mahogany USA soloist without a Floyd. There isn't one.
                  -a USA SLS. There isn't one.
                  -a import SLSMG 7 string. There isn't one.
                  -a import RR with no pickguard and no trem. There isn't one.
                  -an archtop soloist of any kind. There isn't one.
                  etc.
                  We have quite the short memory, don't we? (And even less business sense. )

"- a mahogany USA soloist without a Floyd. There isn't one."

That's because there already was one, and it didn't sell well enough. See SLAT-QH, etc.

"- a USA SLS. There isn't one."

Again, there was one. It was an absolute sales flop. Went over like a fart in church.

"-a import SLSMG 7 string. There isn't one."

That's because it would go over even worse - like a messy shart in church.

"--a import RR with no pickguard and no trem. There isn't one."

Actually, there is. It's called JS30RR. You may not want it, but they do build it.

"-an archtop soloist of any kind. There isn't one."

See SLAT-QH, etc. for the reason why. And if you meant an import archtop Soloist, they already do the DKMG and DKMGT. Sure they're bolt-ons, but that's damn close enough.

Comment

sakeido,
                    Don't take it personally, it's not all about you. When I say "you" I'm refering to the all of us "you" not the you "you". I don't care how much money you have or what kind of guitars you have. That is of no importance to me. But thanks for sharing...

You won't find a Fender Exec. to say they don't care about the Jackson line. But read between the lines and you'll see it. Either that or look at Matts pictures again of what's NOT there. Then I think you'll find that it seems like they don't care much about it...

We seem to be debating several issues. I've heard a few people bitch about no "new" guitars on this board. I was addressing that. Some were bitching about the lack of options, I addressed that too...

Shreddermon beat me to it. If you would have stepped up when those models were availble and plunked down your cash, maybe they would still be around...

If I come of as harsh, well that's the typed word, isn't it. I remember what it was like to not have money and be pissed that the brands I like don't cater to my limited budget. Now that I have more expendable income, I speak with my wallet. I no longer buy new Jacksons or Gibsons because I don't like thier policies...

I think we are on the same page here. Just arguing over language or "feelings". Get by that and I think you'll see we are both saying the same thing...
                    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I wasn't going 'they should do this, that, this that...'. All I'm noticing is that unlike every single other companies out there, they have no new models. I'm disapointed. I don't believe I was 'bitching' personally.

Comment

Pott,
                        Try not to take offense with my language. I didn't mean to say that you were a bitch or anything. I just substituted the word bitch with complain, not the best word to use. Maybe I should have said vocally noticing. That might sound better...

I'm with you. I agree big time. I'm just saying you can't really compair Jackson to ESP or Ibanez. Totally different beasts...
                        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

The demmels are up!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                            The demmels are up!!!!!!
                            Where? Prices?

Comment

- courtesy of Matt

Idk about prices...
                              -Adam

Comment

Oh hot damn, any idea of Price when they're going to come out? I just got a serious case of GAS.

Comment

Working...
                                X