Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there seriously no new Jackson guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sakeido View Post
    You sound like a dyed in the wool 6 string player. What makes you so sure? Considering that the whole run of Ibanez 8 strings sold out and that Carvin has successfully offered a 7 string neck through guitar for almost a decade now would be some indication that there is a market for extended range guitars.

Just because it didn't sell well six or seven years ago doesn't mean it won't sell well now.
    I always bug the managers of the local megastores to carry more mid/high end 7's. They tell me they don't sell enough of them to make it worthwhile. However, one such manager has ordered a some over the last year and they fly off the hangers! I'll never really understand retail theory. So many guitars in stores end up sitting around forever, getting abused or not, no one wanting to buy them for myriad reasons. Unfortunately, when a few extended range axes sit for a while, the extra string is seen as the culprit.

Come on Jackson, make a couple hundred USA Select Soloist 7's! They will sell. I will buy 2 just to support the cause.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
      Only problem is it will take til 2010 to get these new models in stores here...
      Do you mean in stores where you are, or everywhere? I don't think it took that long for the rr24 to make it to shops, though it did seem like the shop owners I talked to had a bit of a wait for their orders. Nothing that drastic though.
      In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        What exactly is a Jackson Falcon?
        The half-way house between the Fusion and the Caparison Horus. Found the link:

http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/jack...al-history.htm

and here are the pictures of the Falcon.

http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage.php?album=25&pos=3

Comment

Ah, that's interesting! Never heard of it before. I knew there was a connection between Jackson and Caparison, though.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

kind of looks like Jackson gave the V to BC Rich and told them to do something with it...
            ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              Ah, that's interesting! Never heard of it before. I knew there was a connection between Jackson and Caparison, though.
              Having played both (ie the Fusion and the Horus), there's a case to be made for the Fusion to be resurrected.
              Last edited by Confessor Townsend; 01-18-2008, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
                Do you mean in stores where you are, or everywhere? I don't think it took that long for the rr24 to make it to shops, though it did seem like the shop owners I talked to had a bit of a wait for their orders. Nothing that drastic though.
                Nah, I was making a joke about Iowa being in the middle of nowhere and we are usually 2 years behind both coasts on what's cool and what isn't...

Remember that South Park episode where they found someone frozen in ice from 1997 or something? The show was around 1999 so he was frozen for like 2 years. They sent him back to Des Moines, Iowa because we are always 2 years behind everyone else...

So no worries, it was just a lame joke...
                I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

They sent him back to Des Moines, Iowa because we are always 2 years behind everyone else...

at least it is only 2 years wisconsin is about 8

Comment

Yeah but Wisconsin has cheese curds...

Yum...

Comment

Yeah but Wisconsin has cheese curds...

Yum...
                      this is true. there is a place right over the boarder that has curds and cheddar bread too (Mars Cheese Castle). Takes about an hour for me to drive there. To bad I am so lactose intolerent.

Comment

Originally posted by Confessor Townsend View Post
                        Having played both (ie the Fusion and the Horus), there's a case to be made for the Fusion to be resurrected.
                        It would be nice to see Jackson bring back the Fusion. They've already got the Mark Morton and KV2T which are short scale, so they should offer that option on the Dinky/Soloist body.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

A maple board with hot-rails and humbucker. We can but dream.....

Comment

The Archtop Soloist Pro would be great.
                            I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

This is funny the thread turned into a wish list and before long Bengal will start telling people to pony up for a Custom Shop $3000 guitar if they want a Maple boarded Kelly or RR24.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
                                This is funny the thread turned into a wish list and before long Bengal will start telling people to pony up for a Custom Shop $3000 guitar if they want a Maple boarded Kelly or RR24.
                                Well, I think if you want a maple boarded Kelly or Soloist or RR then quit bitching and plunk down your money with the Custom Shop. I bet they could get you one for 3-5K...

Wait.. What???

But with the way Jackson has gone, that's about your only option...

At least dreaming is free...

Thank god I don't want a maple boarded Kelly...

Comment

Working...
                                X