Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there seriously no new Jackson guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bengal View Post

Thank god I don't want a maple boarded Kelly...
    This is what my Kelly XLR looks like with my DK2M neck on it. Admit it you want a Maple boarded Kelly. haha

Comment

I was not expecting a new shape. I don't think Jackson has had a new shape since the Morton. Before that it was the short lived Sweetones. Was it the late 90s when the Roswell was produced. Before that I think you have to go back to the late 80's/early 90' and the Warrior.

imho, most of the "new" shapes we see from any of the company's look just hideous. Kramers aborted looking Roswell Rhoads comes to mind this year. Most of the company's including Ibanez, Schecter, Dean, etc just put out different configurations of their other models or put out a Sig model which is based off of one of their other models. I don't consider that ground breaking.

Let's be realistic, Fender & Gibson have figured it out. They have 2-4 "distinct" models that they are know for (if you see one, you know the company name), & all they do is put out 100s of variations of those models. Most of the other guitar companies follow this same business plan.

Tell me what new ground breaking model did Ibanez, Dean, ESP, Peavey, or any other company come out with this year. If you analyze the guitar scene over the last 30 years Strat style guitars & Les Paul style guitars sell the best(I would consider a Tele shape to be like a Les Paul shape), followed by V shapes, then Explorer style shapes. So it boils down to brand/endorser loyalty &/or features that one company produces on a model that another company does not.

I was/am hoping that Jackson produces some more maple boarded guitars. I would like to see white binding on the RR24.
      Possibly even a Trans black RR24. For some reason that is appealing to me.
      A 2 hum RR24.
      An import Soloist & KV or Kelly with the same specs as the RR24 (neckthru, bound fretboard, ebony board, EMGs.
      KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
      I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Jackson-Charvel,
        Is your Kelly that horrid purple color? Nope, I wouldn't want one of those...

Kidding. It does look pretty cool but I'm not a huge maple guy. Or a huge ebony guy. I like plain old rosewood. I'm boring like black coffee...
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Quoted from Hamner1

""" I was/am hoping that Jackson produces some more maple boarded guitars. I would like to see white binding on the RR24.
          Possibly even a Trans black RR24. For some reason that is appealing to me.
          A 2 hum RR24.
          An import Soloist & KV or Kelly with the same specs as the RR24 (neckthru, bound fretboard, ebony board, EMGs."""

Exactly. You hit the nail on the head.

It looks like the Demmel V is awesome. But I hop that they wll have one with white binding. If they do I'll get one later on in the spring for sure.

Comment

Charvel/Jackson started as a custom shop guitar company, let 'em do their thing... if somone doesn't like it, then they should go and buy those trendy brand guitar shit, who cares

I hope they have even less options next year so more and more would go play those ugly ass and shitty sounding trend guitars, only better for me

ok, I'm kinda kidding...

...or am I
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Now if only Jackson /Charvel bring back the Demon and 750XL. Ibanez brings back the 540pII and BC Rich brings back the Ignitor. Now that would be cool.

Comment

Jackson-Charvel,
                Is your Kelly that horrid purple color? Nope, I wouldn't want one of those...

Kidding. It does look pretty cool but I'm not a huge maple guy. Or a huge ebony guy. I like plain old rosewood. I'm boring like black coffee...
                Yep but it's hard to get the same approximate dark metallic violet color they used that year from the guitar generator. I like it, but it isn't everyones cup of tea.

Comment

Well, I think if you want a maple boarded Kelly or Soloist or RR then quit bitching and plunk down your money with the Custom Shop. I bet they could get you one for 3-5K...

Wait.. What???

But with the way Jackson has gone, that's about your only option...

At least dreaming is free...

Thank god I don't want a maple boarded Kelly...
                  Thank God there's Jackson Stars too
                  In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Originally posted by Hamner1 View Post
                    Tell me what new ground breaking model did Ibanez, Dean, ESP, Peavey, or any other company come out with this year. If you analyze the guitar scene over the last 30 years Strat style guitars & Les Paul style guitars sell the best(I would consider a Tele shape to be like a Les Paul shape), followed by V shapes, then Explorer style shapes. So it boils down to brand/endorser loyalty &/or features that one company produces on a model that another company does not.
                    Ibanez came out with two new bridge designs, stuck one of them on the RG, and came out with a 24 fret S series finally. BC Rich brought back the gunslinger, ESP had several new artist signature models one of which has the shorter 24.75 scale length, and Dean came out with several more artist signature models (surprise!). Face it, even though it may not be groundbreaking at least they are changing things up a little bit. It just seems like Jackson/Charvel aren't even trying. They can't be happy to be left in the dust like this.
                    I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Other than in concert once...this was the first time i saw Paul Stanley
                      up close...Scary! Have another face lift paul... Hey im old too...
                      but unless he's 70'..all that money didnt help him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hamner1 View Post

Strat style guitars & Les Paul style guitars sell the best(I would consider a Tele shape to be like a Les Paul shape),
                        De De De.....

I guess you didn't get the memo. The Telecaster shape and model pre-date the Les Paul.
                        Tele/Broadcaster was born in the 40's and the Les Paul in the 50's
                        An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
                        A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

• Originally posted by cdwillis View Post
                          Ibanez came out with two new bridge designs, stuck one of them on the RG, and came out with a 24 fret S series finally. BC Rich brought back the gunslinger, ESP had several new artist signature models one of which has the shorter 24.75 scale length, and Dean came out with several more artist signature models (surprise!). Face it, even though it may not be groundbreaking at least they are changing things up a little bit. It just seems like Jackson/Charvel aren't even trying. They can't be happy to be left in the dust like this.
                          well Jackson is more of a custom shop deal now rather then parts supplier., they can build whatever you want you dont need to buy some of there signature RR or KV guitars when for the same price they can make you a body and neck from scratch.

Have you seen his video, the guy taped acoustic flying VS ETC ETC E SECTION OF THE NAMM

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=iWiLkP...eature=related
                          Last edited by Gabriel Raphael; 01-22-2008, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• I don't know what price list you're reading, but Jackson will not build you anything from scratch for the same price as an RR or KV. If you're talking Custom Shop Only, then yeah, it's gonna be the same, but for Jackson to go backwards and focus only on the Custom Shop stuff is suicide.

Production models are their bread and butter, and those models were spawned from the most common Custom Shop orders - Soloist with H-S-S and Floyd, H-H with Floyd, etc etc. Whatever you see as a production USA model started off as a ton of Custom Shop orders that were identical in specs.
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

• I just wanted to say that Machine Head made a big splash (a.k.a. Headlining some tours) with Through The Ashes Of Empires..
                              And the new album is also killer..:
                              And people love and respect Phil Demmel..
                              And I can`t wait to know more details about his sig...

This year I`m buying a new guitar and I guess either it will be
                              an used Jackson Stars, Jackson Pro(if I get one) or the Phil Demmel V...
                              Last edited by Special-K; 01-22-2008, 06:32 PM.
                              Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

• Originally posted by Newc View Post
                                I don't know what price list you're reading, but Jackson will not build you anything from scratch for the same price as an RR or KV. If you're talking Custom Shop Only, then yeah, it's gonna be the same, but for Jackson to go backwards and focus only on the Custom Shop stuff is suicide.

Production models are their bread and butter, and those models were spawned from the most common Custom Shop orders - Soloist with H-S-S and Floyd, H-H with Floyd, etc etc. Whatever you see as a production USA model started off as a ton of Custom Shop orders that were identical in specs.
                                that depends if your a recording artists or simply someone who can sell there guitars.
                                Last edited by Gabriel Raphael; 01-23-2008, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X