Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there seriously no new Jackson guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bengal View Post

I can understand not being able to afford a nice Jackson. But I don't understand bitching about it. Or bitching about the lack of new models and whatnot just because you can't afford a USA model. Is it Jacksons fault? Do they ask themselves before NAMM if the majority of the world can afford the guitar they are going to put out? Nope.
    THAT'S their problem right there. If they have that attitude like it seenms you have as well, they are giving the finger to their customers. Do that so long before everyone says F-You and finds a company that can deliver what they want, WITHOUT the attitude.

Like I said before, if Jackson wasn't a nostalgia brand, you might have this. But they are. And I don't see Fender expanding the import line more than it is now. Strats waaaaaay outsell Soloists. Teles waaaaaaay outsell RR's or KV's. That's where a majority of the attention will go. Just look at the Fender import line and you'll see what I mean...
    Unless I am missing something Fender just owns Jackson, it's not like Jackson's management was flushed down the toilet and given pink slips. They still call the shots but would still technically have to answer to Fender.

Comment

I'm with the Pott and the others...

I was wishing that they would at least update the existing like adding an OFR on the pro serie (ESP, BC Rich and Schecter have more and more imports with OFR).

I was secretly wishing for a KE3T... Now if I want to buy a new Kelly with a fixed bridge (yeah I know I could go on the used market), but for a new one, I have two options: a cheap JS or go Custom shop...

Some of you are very lucky and can afford a 5k$ guitar. I can't. So for me, the import line is my main entry to the Jackson family...
      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

So, all in one -> Jackson lost it! That's the truth

Comment

Originally posted by The Mitch View Post
          So, all in one -> Jackson lost it! That's the truth
          Looks like it, like they threw in the towel so to speak.

Comment

JC,
            So I have a bad attitude because I'm based in reality? OK, I guess I can live with that...

Look at it this way. How many famous guitarists/musicians have fled from Jackson since Fender took over? Tons. Why? They didn't like the way the line or they were being treated. Because once Fender took over, it changed everything...

So we can sit here and say I wish they would do this with the import line and I wish they would do that with the import line. Truth is, money talks. It's corporate america, gotta love it...

EDIT: And just so you know, I'm not in the market for a 5K Custom Shop Jackson either. If I was, I wouldn't spend my money there. I'd go the PRS or Surh route...
            Last edited by Bengal; 01-18-2008, 11:55 AM.
            I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Well we have the answer from Matt (see the other thread "my pictures are up"):

No Charvel imports, the Jackson import line doesn't have any changes

We'll have to wait until summer Namm or Namm 2009...
              JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
              Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Well, that sure wasn´t too exciting. I would have loved to see some new production-line USA´s. Hopefully there´s still something left in the box to show in the days to come!

To me there is little point in buying a highly customized one-off for top dollar if I haven´t spec´d it out myself, and those very one-offs are basically what Jackson has been focusing on these last few NAMM:s. It sure looks like they are trying to draw attention to the custom shop rather than to the standard lines, even though I can´t imagine the customs are where they make the bulk of their money.

Comment

I just noticed something in the pics Matt took... between the chameleon PC1 and the trans green KE2 are two quilt-top SL2H´s; one with black hardware, one with gold and both of them have black logos. If those indeed are regular Selects it´s pretty cool to have the option of a quilt top and the choice of black or gold hardware on trans finishes.

Comment

JC,
                    So I have a bad attitude because I'm based in reality? OK, I guess I can live with that...

Look at it this way. How many famous guitarists/musicians have fled from Jackson since Fender took over? Tons. Why? They didn't like the way the line or they were being treated. Because once Fender took over, it changed everything...

So we can sit here and say I wish they would do this with the import line and I wish they would do that with the import line. Truth is, money talks. It's corporate america, gotta love it...

EDIT: And just so you know, I'm not in the market for a 5K Custom Shop Jackson either. If I was, I wouldn't spend my money there. I'd go the PRS or Surh route...
                    Your logic about once Fender took over, they called the shots and Jackson took a nose dive is incorrect. IIRC, Fender didn't just take over in the last year. The DK2M, RR24, COW, Mark Morton models were all created while under Fender ownership. So Fender ownership might have changed the way they did business, it didn't change things the way you are implying.

I'd agree with the 5k analogy about finding something like a SUHR or Anderson for that kind of money.

Comment

I'm pretty impressed with alot of the new old stuff so to speak. I love the Charvels, and the Jacksons are the same style i've been playing for over 25 years. I also would love to see some more maple boards and a less expensive import strathead version of the Superstrat, but maybe they have them in the works, Who knows. I guess i'll play what I have until either I can afford what they have or they make some imports that are more appealing to me. Either way no biggie for me, I will still support the brand I love.
                      Last edited by jacksoncsplayer; 01-18-2008, 12:26 PM.

Comment

JC,
                        And how well do you think the DK2M, RR24, COW and Morton model sold? The DK2M may be the best selling one of the bunch but I bet the rest didn't sell peanuts. Sure there is a small market of people who want a 24 fret RR but it's a small market. The COW can't sell well but it does OK because it's a 7 string, so it fills a very small void. The Morton model surprises me it's still around. So just because they made those models under the Fender banner, doesn't mean they are instant cash...

Besides only 1 of those is a "new" guitar. The Morton. So you see, everytime they do something new and it doesn't sell a boatload, that's a lesson learned for big business. We are seeing the results at this year and last years NAMM. Nothing really new. They are sticking to what sells. We see what it is in Matts pics. Just him saying they were sold out before they opened the doors has to show you something...

Comment

Your lacking business sense astounds me. Absolutely floors me. The current management sucks, but yours would be far, far worse.

Comment

Originally posted by sakeido View Post
                            Your lacking business sense astounds me. Absolutely floors me. The current management sucks, but yours would be far, far worse.
                            Yep, that makes sense...

Where did I say I wanted to manage Jackson? I'm just saying don't be surprised that Jackson isn't catering to your $500 budget...

Comment

Listen to yourself here

So most of you are pissed that you can't afford these Jacksons? You guys want cheaper Jacksons. More imports and that kind of thing?

Well, maybe when they start building most guitars in Korea and China and Indonesia like Ibanez and ESP does, then maybe you can have that. But until then, ESP and Ibanez has your back...

Don't be pissed because you can't afford them...
                              I can afford whatever - but they don't make something I want. I wasn't looking for them to reinvent the wheel here. Look at the voids in their line-up:
                              -a mahogany USA soloist without a Floyd. There isn't one.
                              -a USA SLS. There isn't one.
                              -a import SLSMG 7 string. There isn't one.
                              -a import RR with no pickguard and no trem. There isn't one.
                              -an archtop soloist of any kind. There isn't one.
                              etc.

I wasn't looking for them to reinvent the wheel here. ESP didn't do that with anything but their 8 strings, and Ibanez's most extreme move this year was adding two frets to the S series. Jackson has good strengths - the brand name, the original RR style, a very good import factory and a great USA factory - but do absolutely nothing to actually make good use of these strengths.
                              For most of those models, there is an alternative made by someone else, but even worse is when there is not an alternative made by someone else and Jackson would have no competition for that particular product ie. the SLS 7 string and the mahogany hardtail Soloist. They just don't seem to care about making money!
                              They justify it with a less extreme version of what you are saying. Your ideas about how Jackson run the company are so unsound that it actually seems like you are recommending the course of action they should take if they want to go completely out of business.

And so on.

Comment

You said it yourself, they seem like they are not interested in making money. Seems like that, doesn't it? Why? Because Fender doesn't really care about Jackson. That's clear. They see it as a nitch market, nothing more...

Jackson doesn't run the company. Fender does...

You've proven my points in your post. Thanks for that...

I didn't say I liked it either but it is what it is. Bitching about it won't do any good. Speak with your wallets...

Comment

Working...
                                X