Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there seriously no new Jackson guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't say i'm shocked not seeing anything new, but something to go with the DK2M seemed like a no brainier to me...
    Jackson's always been a custom kinda guitar so i think if they're going that route it's because it sells... why do a corporate suicide if it wasn't that way?

Just my .02.

Rodrigo
    Facebook - Youtube

Comment

NAMM isn't finished and we were promised new things on this very forum by the people in the know... So I'm still waiting

Comment

Originally posted by thunderhead View Post
        I dont think noone expected a new shape...

Personally all i wanted to see was more options (i dont mean the new colours). Maybe more imports with maple boards, i wouldnt mind to see a slsmg7 ...

Well NAMM has not finished yet. Lets see what happens.
        +1. New options, new configurations, that's all I'd want. You'd think FMIC who have made millions selling 1001 variations of the same two or three basic guitars would get that.

Btw Jackson just lost another bunch of up and coming possible endorsees.. I see the Bullet for my Valentine guys have an LTD sig now. I'm pretty sure they started off playing RRs and the like. Corey from Trivium also has a new ugly ass nutsack V...

Comment

Jackson is NOT keeping up with other brands. I'm a big Jackson fan, but honestly I've been looking elsewhere. ESP, Ibanez and BC Rich are offering really nice import neckthru guitars for much cheaper than Jackson.

I've been thinking about getting a WRMG for a few years, but the Ibanez Xiphos is cheaper and has neckthru body. Sure the WRMG is made in Japan while the Ibanez is made in Indonesia...but the Ibanez plays just as well if you ask me.

The BC Rich NT DELUXE series for $750 has maple/mahogany neckthru body, original Floyd, EMG pickups, full head/neck/body binding. The NT Deluxe JrV is basically everything cool about a RR24 for a lot less cash!!! And the normal NT series (neckthru) is only $599!

Comment

That Corey signature is the ugliest thing every haha. But really, I was suprised, I was kind of excited for Namm because maybe there'd be a hope for a new model or some configurations, but we'll see.

Comment

I'm fairly sure there was talk of a Phil Demmel V in the works from a myspace bulletin Jackson sent out, and one of the guys in Bullet for My Valentine still plays Jacksons.
              I'd really like to see a few new things from Jackson, it seems like the rival companies have gone all out this year, new models and options all over the place.

Comment

I heard that they guy from that band switched to ESP.. what's his name? Matthew Tuck or something?
                www.bodyfarmdeathmetal.com
                www.facebook.com/bodyfarmdeathmetal
                www.metalblade.com/bodyfarm

Comment

I'm not really looking for a new body design from Jackson...as others have said why change a good thing? I agree with this but, damn it would be nice to see a maple boarded soloist or a regular production archtop (with trem).................or both. I think some variatons on existing models is all most of us are asking for.

I mean, I'm a longtime, diehard Jackson fan as is most of us here are and when I find myself more excited about BC Rich (a brand I've never really been a fan of at all) I think there's something wrong.

I'm hoping we are wrong here and Jackson will roll out something new before the end of Namm but, from what Vince is saying (Matt's pic thread) It looks like what you see is what you get.

No, that's it. What's up is up and it's all sold. I heard all the Charvels went to Fullers. Seems like alot of this stuff was sold before the show. I got to the room at 9:45 and it was already all spoken for.
                  Last edited by Madness; 01-18-2008, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Well were told a new RR24 variant, and even more stuff coming this year...McD or whichever representative also said the new Charvels will be awesome bang for the buck... so far waiting on everything.

I wonder if the majority of Jackson sales are with imports or US models. I for one don't care at all about the US models and wish I could have more import choices. I can't buy anything at the moment due to the 43mm nut and too thin necks, I get cramps very easily. So no Jacksons for me until either a new model I absolutely love either we get more neck choices. But that's just me eh.

Indeed, more imports variation is probably all what most (if not all) of us were expecting. I'm a bit disapointed for sure if indeed there are no announcements to be made. Jackson just doesn't seem a proper competitor to LTD/ESP and Ibanez anymore.

Comment

So most of you are pissed that you can't afford these Jacksons? You guys want cheaper Jacksons. More imports and that kind of thing?

Well, maybe when they start building most guitars in Korea and China and Indonesia like Ibanez and ESP does, then maybe you can have that. But until then, ESP and Ibanez has your back...

Don't be pissed because you can't afford them...
                      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I can't afford ANY guitars US or not. I don't care where it's made. A good guitar is a good guitar, made in China, Indonesia, whatever. I'm happy with the quality of Jackson imports AND with the price, so I'd like more. What's wrong with that? I haven't seen many people complaining about the prices of imports. But over 1,000 for a guitar is A LOT of money for any guy out there simply enough. And in Europe we pay twice as much for the US Jackson which means even less chances of being able to afford ones... hence the imports. Even though they're more expensive too

Comment

Pott,
                          With the weak dollar, why don't you just buy from the US and have it shipped? I bet you could get it much cheaper if you do it that way instead of buying in your town...

I can understand not being able to afford a nice Jackson. But I don't understand bitching about it. Or bitching about the lack of new models and whatnot just because you can't afford a USA model. Is it Jacksons fault? Do they ask themselves before NAMM if the majority of the world can afford the guitar they are going to put out? Nope. Like I said before, if Jackson wasn't a nostalgia brand, you might have this. But they are. And I don't see Fender expanding the import line more than it is now. Strats waaaaaay outsell Soloists. Teles waaaaaaay outsell RR's or KV's. That's where a majority of the attention will go. Just look at the Fender import line and you'll see what I mean...

Comment

Well my SL2H soloist is the only guitar I own that I will never sell,
                            but Jackson doesn't offer anything else that would interest me anymore.
                            I'd love a maple boarded soloist , but I'm not paying $5,000 for a 2 hum alder bodied guitar that probably costs less than $800.00 to build, just because it says Jackson on it.
                            I'd also love to see a production 7 string soloist (as would most if not all of the 7 string players out there), but again not for $5,000.00.
                            That's really kind of a Joke.
                            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                              Pott,
                              With the weak dollar, why don't you just buy from the US and have it shipped? I bet you could get it much cheaper if you do it that way instead of buying in your town..
                              Not sure how much cheaper it`d be tbh. What with massive shipping and insurance costs, and then getting clobbered for customs duty ontop, probably not a huge difference in end price. Oh, and thats without the worry of damage in transit. Seems most US couriers can`t get guitars safely and undamaged from state to state, let alone country to country

Comment

kmanick,
                                I do see your point. I would like more maple boards too and a neckthrough 7 string Soloist would be nice. But Fender is not about expanding the Jackson line, that's quite obvious. So in reality what they are doing is alienating potential buyers like you and me. Seems like they are good at that...

That's why it's used for me with Jackson. Same with Gibson...

Comment

Working...
                                X