No announcement yet.

NAMM Show J/C Guitar specs/prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hell, I bought damn near every NAMM Strathead last winter and a couple in the Summer. Pat, I dont mean to jump on ya, but who is fooling who?

Lets take an example. My Eldred from last Winter. Paid $2500 shipped. The closest thing would be that Vintage flame relic, List $7k. (do your own street price math). Thats ALOT more. Well over a grand street price, I guarantee it, and that is being conservative.

Sorry man. You know I am not the doom and gloom Charvel guy by any means, but this NAMM pricing, and the pricing in general, is way out of line.

Alienation city IMO.
    Last edited by Shawn; 01-18-2007, 12:13 AM.
    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Hey hey. Just want to say these prices are Fuckin Stupid. I don't care what the thought process is. I got my CS Warrior a year ago, and ever since then I wanted to order another, but if this is what the $$$ will be like now-screw that. Also A few of the guitars look to be guitars that we have seen in the last few years anyway (Rat Rod Soloist, Zombie BBQ...etc), what the hell makes them worth 8K now? Like others have said, these things are still sitting around. Will people buy them now at 2X the price?
      LATER!!!
      H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Remember when guitars were for playing and not collecting? Wow it really seems that the aging yuppies are gonna drive the prices through the roof.

I will not knock anyone for buying overpriced guitars, the only bummer is that means prices will just keep going up, so poor bastards like me will never get a shot at a CS model.

I'm just glad I have my soloist before they go up to 4000 a piece!

Comment

Nothing annoys me more then all this crap about hiding prices and being super hush hush on what the dealer pays and all that jazz. I say this after working in the home audio/car audio industry where it's a complete sham and the same story. It's like kids on the playground telling secrets.

Be up front and honest and sell your product with confidence showing respect for your buyer. <-- that doesnt apply to WAY too many indistries.

Gosh I love Carvin's practice. Once they make me my 24 fret neckthru DC series guitar in a 25.5" scale, im SET!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
            I do not know if you guys have met and talked with some of the (now) managing partners at FMIC. But I will out on a limb here and say it, there is a high profile fellow that is harsh, bordering in rude, arrogant as a son of a bitch way up there in CS operations. A Dealer friend of mine have told me he is the coldest most unpersonal, arrogant jerkwad you'll ever meet.
            Someone like this is stubbborn and will not back down.
            then he'll be out on his ass next year when the CS sells about 2 guitars all year long at their new gouging prices.

and I'm perfectly comfortable criticizing people who pay way over market value for unimproved products like this (jacked up price but no new value added), because they give legitimacy to this kind of price gouging. Gibson is guilty as hell of this same thing, we all know it.

do I think someone who buys a high-end PRS or Suhr or Anderson with all the bells and whistles is making a foolish purchase, NO. you are getting something special there.

but anyone who buys a Charvel or Jackson at their new CS prices is doing a foolish thing IMO by propping up that kind of price gouging.

because that is all this is, simple gouging of the customer, because they think they can.
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

notice how we have not seen John around here lately?

hmmmm.... I guess if you can't take the heat....

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                notice how we have not seen John around here lately?

hmmmm.... I guess if you can't take the heat....

It could be that. Or it could be the fact that he got re-assigned and J/C goesnt come here anymore.

My guess is the latter.
                Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

wow those prices are awesome! Even better is how they are totally dragging their ass with any kind of custom shop quote, so the quote I sent in a month ago just got back to me early last week and was completely wrong so I sent back the changes needed done and now I missed the cutoff for their supposed gigantic jump in prices. I was really surprised at how reasonable the price was before, but if it is that price plus 20%, fuck that.
                  Fuck this bullshit... J/C seems to be beelining hard for Gibson territory, and look at how much a lot of people hate that brand nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn View Post
                    J/C goesnt come here anymore.
                    if true that speaks volumes.

Comment

Well.... All I can say is that I know what my next guitar purchase will not be. There are plenty of starving guitar companies that make quality instruments that would like the business. With those prices, I would rather buy a Suhr, Robin, etc.... Possibly they are increasing the prices so that they could afford to buy the QA infrastructure to actually make sure that the shit gets built right for once. What a bunch of fucken bullshit.

Whats next? Relic Charv....? Oh yeah.

Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

hey ya'll, stfu,
                        they put Eddie Van Halen's semen into the paint, so whenever you need a new Eddie just use it on a woman of your choice,

a new guitar god is worth a couple of extra grands I say
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn View Post
                          Hell, I bought damn near every NAMM Strathead last winter and a couple in the Summer. Pat, I dont mean to jump on ya, but who is fooling who?

Lets take an example. My Eldred from last Winter. Paid $2500 shipped. The closest thing would be that Vintage flame relic, List $7k. (do your own street price math). Thats ALOT more. Well over a grand street price, I guarantee it, and that is being conservative.

Sorry man. You know I am not the doom and gloom Charvel guy by any means, but this NAMM pricing, and the pricing in general, is way out of line.

Alienation city IMO.
                          Shawn, I know you're not one of the "doom and gloomers". But do the math, bro. Take #83- San Dimas Black, for example. A basic black Charvel strathead? Spec that same guitar out using the new Charvel custom shop pricelist - the NAMM price is nearly double what you get from the pricelist! That's happening with all of the NAMM guitars - they're all well above "normal" pricing.

The days of getting NAMM show guitars for regular custom shop prices are gone, my friend. But these NAMM guitars are NOT an indication that current custom shop pricing has gone that high. Not even close. Heck, I just ordered a pretty tricked-out strathead and, even with all of my options, the list price was well under that plain-jane black, single-hum VT NAMM piece.

Sorry, Shawn, but just trying to dispel how the BS pricing rumors get perpetuated.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                            Sorry, Shawn, but just trying to dispel how the BS pricing rumors get perpetuated.
                            I hope you're right.
                            "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                            I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Do they put up the extra because it´s displayed at NAMM?

By the way, I bought a Jackson CS bass for less than $ 600 and a Fender CS that was like new for less than $ 1000 in 2006 - both BINs on ebay that sat for days.

Comment

I've had/have NAMM guitars that are priced reasonably. Nothing out of the planet, priced a bit more because of extra features to make them display/showcase pieces.

NOTHING, EVER like this. They are upping the ante, the ceiling has been busted. You want them bitches, you will pay for them bitches.
                                Not trying to be doom and gloom, you a realist. I've been on way too many meetings with brainless, money grabbing, scheming marketing douchebags.
                                Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Working...
                                X