NAMM Show J/C Guitar specs/prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those prices are absurd.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Where the hell is Fong when you need him? I'll go ahead & give it my best shot:

BBBBBWWWWWAAAAAAAHHHHAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

:ROTF:

Comment

One word: RIDICULOUS.
        Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
        www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

"#71- Soloist 2 Rat Rod Blue $9,500"

Hmmm. MusicZoo haven't managed to sell the other two for a 3rd of that price, so that'll make an interesting sell. Maybe Fuller's will snap them up to add to their museum of unsellable new Jacksons
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

lol.... whatever.
            I can understand the price hike. The Custom Shop will still be producing axes at capacity. Maybe this will resolve the year wait for one-offs.

Count me out, tho - especially when you can bring home 2-3 NOS or slightly used J/C Customs for that much green. Same quality - higher quantity.

750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
            Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Originally posted by VinceV View Post
              Those prices are full of shit, plain and simple. Namm guitars or not J/C can expect to sell 0 of these. Dealers may buy them, but watch them sit for years on em.

$12000 for a Soloist Archtop even if you got it at dealer cost(I'm assuming cost is around 47-53% of MSRP) which people will not, that's still gotta be around a $6000 guitar. No Fucking way. I think these fools have forgotten who buys their guitars, and what the value of their name is. It isn't Fender of Gibson, which like em or not, they do have a customer base that has no problem spending that on them.
              You guys don't get it. Those are collectors guitars. This is just jealousy talking, because you don't have the dough. You can't make them so you gotta buy them.
              Those pieces will be snatched up and sold for a gigantic profit before you can spell Greenspan.
              I doesn't matter what you think, because nobody cares, FMIC cares less than Tibetan monks after a 10 day walk and fast.

There, did that sound J/C friendly?
              Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Just how many J/C guitar buyers are there really out there? $8,500 for a "second tier" name guitar just blows my mind. Face it, the vintage J/C guitars are what we love. They can be had for $150 to under $2,000. So why would the J/C Namm Reps think that the limited number of J/C lovers would pay that much for a "New" guitar? I just don't get it. Joe, I have the dough,BTW. As for the "Collector" part of that, I just don't think so.
                I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by VinceV View Post
                  I think these fools have forgotten who buys their guitars, and what the value of their name is. It isn't Fender of Gibson, which like em or not, they do have a customer base that has no problem spending that on them.
                  + a million
                  the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I was just friggin around Fett. Some people here will not believe that you can have the money and not spend it for valueless reasons or whatever. Some peole think that if you like it, but refuse to buy it you are just making excuses for spending the money. i.e. you are poor and pretend to be well off and just a jackass.

My theory has been one of FMIC raising the ceiling on all CS pieces by creating a collectability class crust on a few pieces, then they blast a winter NAMM with exhorbitant pieces somewhere in the middle of the pack (between $0 and $25k). Therefore a very profitable (for them) $5k CS guitar is the norm of the day. A $5k CS Charvel or Jackson is an overpriced Charvel or Jackson. certianly in the world of Charvel and Jacksons we expect.

A Bullseye one hum guitar or an Eldred Flames one hum + one single coil or a Spider Web HSS axe. All will appear (in due time) cheap at $4k-$5k compared to $8k-$10k CS pieces and a damn steal as compared to Blackie/Frankie and whatever is coming down the pike (Gilmour, Yngwie's Duck, etc.)
                    They have created a controlling division for all FMIC Custom Shops and the theory will be a blanket one for Charvel, Jackson, Fender, etc. A think tank to profit on us fools.

More power to them if they can get away with it. Capitalism at it best. It is what we do.

Comment

Ok, let's see the first member on this board that will plunk down $8,500 to $12,000 for one of these. Joe, just knowing I can buy what I want doesn't mean I will. I do have an innate sense of value.
                      Last edited by fett; 01-17-2007, 06:44 PM.
                      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

WHat?!?!??! Did Paul Reed SMith Start working at Jackson? Just plain ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
                          A bargain compared to Frankie.

...A Toyota Yaris is a bargain compared to Frankie.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy B View Post
                            You don't have the First Act list, do you?

:ROTF:
                            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                              Ok, let's see the first member on this board that will plunk down $8,500 to $12,000 for one of these. Joe, just knowing I can buy what I want doesn't mean I will. I do have an innate sense of value.
                              I hear you brother, I am on the same boat!!

However, I can almost gurantee you there were members of this board working the phones this P.M. trying to find out who is getting what. While that happens, we are doomed.

In a utopian world Mike Eldred and Co. would be going back with most if not all those pieces because dealers will tell them "What? how much? there is no way the guys back home will buy that at that tag".
                              You, me and everyone here knows that is not going to happen because there are monkeys craving those no matter what it takes and the FMIC goes back into their cave thinking "gosh darn it, we did great!! sold all those at an absurd price, fools and their money hahaha!". or something to that effect.

Comment

Originally posted by jhale667 View Post
                                ...A Toyota Yaris is a bargain compared to Frankie.

Yes

Comment

Working...
                                X