NAMM Show J/C Guitar specs/prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fett View Post
    So the prices that were up there is the MSRP. What's the "Dealer Cost"? On a $8,500 guitar, I'll bet $4,000. So the dealer "Marks" it at retail and will go down to $6,000 and the buyer "Stole it". Am I wrong?
    Sounds about right to me.

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
    I think discussions about that issue in particular should be kept private. Stuff like that is what got the PRS Forum shutdown by The Suits....
    No one is talking about any dealer here, what I posted earlier and what Fett is saying is that even at "street" prices these are extremely over priced pieces.
    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

It's all about numbers and that's it. You guys said it very well that you really shouldn't flame anyone for what they buy. Seriously, what's the big deal? Jealousy, envy? Who gives a shit? There was a time I could barely afford a $100 guitar let alone a $1000 guitar. It's just numbers for crying out loud and if there's something you want, and you can afford it, go for it!

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

But the numbers don't make sense regardless how you crunch them. What makes these guitars "Worth" it? There is $400 in parts. $1,200 in labor and a lot of hype. And, I am being generous and feisty. I forgot how rare they are. But, who has 50 years to see if they pan out as "Investments".
        Last edited by fett; 01-17-2007, 08:32 PM.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I'm with you all the way, fett, trust me on that. It's still not right to rip someone apart because of something they want whether it's a good value or not.
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I agree Bud. No one should be slammed for what they buy. It's what is right for them and that is all that matters when all is said and done.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn View Post
              Dave, this makes PRS looks like Robin Hood.

Lets see, $7500 or so for a Private Stock PRS , or $7500 for a Rat Rod Relic soloist.....

Yes Alex, I'll take what is the PRS PS for $7500 please.

LMAO a Rat Rod for for PS price, you have to be kidding me:ROTF:

More like Yes Alex what is will someone please give me $1500 for this RatRod, anyone please, Hello anyone.
              Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Is it fair to say these prices are double what the custom shop list prices were before they took them off the website? Put another way, definitely more than the 25-50% expected increase?
                Last edited by cookiemonster2; 01-17-2007, 08:43 PM.

Comment

The Music Zoo has had a couple of Rat Rods for the past 6 months. can't move them?

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                    I agree Bud. No one should be slammed for what they buy. It's what is right for them and that is all that matters when all is said and done.

I agree with what you said and I also agree with what Shawn has said on the past. Comments come out from people and some are jealousy, plain and simple. That is human nature.
                    I do not envy anyone, it is not in my blood and upbringing, just bad karma.

I do however, being the bad politician that I am voice will my opinion and question the rationale behind the decision. You cando whatever you want with your money and it is nobody's business, but when youe pissing on the pool I am swimming you'll hear me say something.
                    Supporting these numbnuts (@ FMIC) and what they instituted creates a bad situation for the future of a brand we happen to love. We somehow have to stick together and teach them a lesson.

I hope I am wrong, but I cannot see them backing down from this. It is on black and white and I do not know if you guys have met and talked with some of the (now) managing partners at FMIC. But I will out on a limb here and say it, there is a high profile fellow that is harsh, bordering in rude, arrogant as a son of a bitch way up there in CS operations. A Dealer friend of mine have told me he is the coldest most unpersonal, arrogant jerkwad you'll ever meet.
                    Someone like this is stubbborn and will not back down.
                    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I got this list last week and this is what I was talking about in a previous thread. I was one of the sheep waiting with credit card in hand for NAMM. When I saw this I had to laugh. I'm just glad I was able to get a few nice C/J guitars before they turned stupid. Not only are the prices rediculous but I did not see one guitar on that list that I am remotely interested in. I have one last one on it's way and then I'm done.

The saying, shooting yourself in the foot comes to mind.
                      Last edited by MikeStrat; 01-17-2007, 09:53 PM.
                      "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                      I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Point of explanation, because I have the impression that some people reading this thread do not understand: those list prices reflect a "NAMM guitar" premium mark-up. Kind of like when that hot new car model first comes out, and all of the dealers are selling it at way above sticker price. Those are not "normal" J/C custom shop prices.

We now return to your regularly scheduled programming...

Thankfully not the norm. But, yep, crazy nonetheless.

Comment

It sounds like Nyet Namm. Good night.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                            Point of explanation, because I have the impression that some people reading this thread do not understand: those list prices reflect a "NAMM guitar" premium mark-up. Kind of like when that hot new car model first comes out, and all of the dealers are selling it at way above sticker price. Those are not "normal" J/C custom shop prices.

We now return to your regularly scheduled programming...

Thankfully not the norm. But, yep, crazy nonetheless.
                            Thanks for the clarification. Can you infer what the actual CS price increase will be from these prices?

Comment

But since when are even NAMM list prices this high? I've bought a couple of NAMM guitars right after the event for only slightly more than I'd expect to pay for the same guitar regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by Argos View Post
                                But since when are even NAMM list prices this high? I've bought a couple of NAMM guitars right after the event for only slightly more than I'd expect to pay for the same guitar regularly.
                                Yeah, I've gotten NAMM guitars also, and they may be a little more than usual run stuff, but that is mostly because they tend to be pieces that have upgraded of unusual features such as woods or inlays/graphics. These prices are just outrageous and out of line.

Comment

Working...
                                X