Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D&S you guys are killing me

Comment

Here is the original bill of sale text from Grover to Rob Lane - I also have many photos of these guitars under construction and with Grover and Mike working on them. I was given all these documents and photos when I aquired jacksoncharvelworld.

" Sunday, November 01,1998

To Whom It May Concern:

This Letter will serve as a Bill of Sale and information related to one Randy Rhoads tremolo guitar. After I made the original instrument for Randy he played it for quite some time before returning with changes that he felt would make the instrument more distinctive. We met and discussed the changes and agreed to make three (3) additional instruments, all with the updated body style. Two (2) of the instruments were to be non-tremolo and one was to have a vintage style tremolo on it, the only to my knowledge that has ever been made. At this time the Floyd Rose bridge was basically unknown. We completed the first of the three and that is the black guitar widely seen in pictures of Randy. The additional two guitars were held back to see if Randy had additional changes to make before delivery. Sadly Randy died less than ninety (90) days after receiving the first updated guitar. The additional two instruments were held in an incomplete state for about one (1) year as we all dealt with the loss. At that point we entered into discussions with Mrs. Rhoads regarding the possibility of continuing to make the instrument with a portion of the proceeds going to the Rhoads estate. It was trade show time when we finally made the agreement and we didn’t a sample so we put the second of the three guitars, which was a non-trem in crème, and took it to the NAMM show. During the course of the show this instrument was accidentally sold. The third instrument is the black, vintage tremolo guitar that was also the first to have reverse inlays. That instrument I have kept all these years and just recently sold to Rob Lane.

Grover Jackson”

Corrected Text
      Last edited by Hossman; 02-15-2007, 09:17 AM.

Comment

So even grover couldn't spell his last name? Geeezz...I feel like Ron....

Thanks for the info Hoss
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

My Bad -Grover had it Right -- I will edit it D'OH

Comment

lol! good one, hoss, grovers back and you're already makin shit up!
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I type every word -- word for word and missed Rhoads D'OH

Cheers

Comment

I got the GW magazine. The guy claims the string angle over the bridge and nut give this guitar it's sustain. If that was the case, wouldn't every manufacturer follow suit to create this magical sustain on their guitars??? He seems like a complete tool that doesn't know much about guitars. His face makes me very angry.

Comment

Originally posted by Venomboy View Post
                  He seems like a complete tool
                  Your right - a complete tool :lol

Comment

He also says the guitar has crunchy sustain. That just sounds more retarded than he looks. My guitars have chewy feedback.

He thinks he's hot shit on a silver platter but he's really warm diarrhea on a paper plate.

Comment

Originally posted by Venomboy View Post
                      He thinks he's hot shit on a silver platter but he's really warm diarrhea on a paper plate.
                      Eeewwwwww

Comment

chewy feedback. that's awesome.
                        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                        Sully Guitars on Facebook
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Comment

very, very cool, hoss! thanks for posting them.
                            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                            Sully Guitars on Facebook
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I have more just got to dig them out ...

Comment

Originally posted by Hossman View Post
                                Your right - a complete tool :lol
                                He's not a tool....check this out, he's America's latest guitar sensation. Says so right in print on Page 163 of the same issue of Guitar World.

Comment

Working...
                                X