No announcement yet.

Lost Rhoads Found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems to me that Grover is downplaying this guitar, its worth and importance because he isn't profiting from it. I bet if Grover pulled it out from under his own bed it would be worth much more, in his eyes anyway. I just don't like how GJ has changed his tune on this one.

Regardless, it's a damn cool guitar.
    Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

From what im reading here, it seems that $11K or 12K would be more in line as a price?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
        From what im reading here, it seems that $11K or 12K would be more in line as a price?
        Sully has already stated that he'd pay $20,000 without a second thought. With as many Jackson fans and Randy Rhoads fans, I'm sure there would be a lot of fighting for that guitar at $20k. I would bet it'd sell for the $25k-$30k range.

I'd suspect that if Delores passes away and Randy's actual guitars come up for auction they'd approach $100k.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
          Sully has already stated that he'd pay $20,000 without a second thought. With as many Jackson fans and Randy Rhoads fans, I'm sure there would be a lot of fighting for that guitar at $20k. I would bet it'd sell for the $25k-$30k range.

I'd suspect that if Delores passes away and Randy's actual guitars come up for auction they'd approach $100k.
          oh hell yeah, i'd pay over 20 for it if i had disposable cash like that; it's arguably one of the first rhoads models made that wasn't randy's. then again, i love old rhoads models, especially white ones. i'm also a little nuts.

as far as grover downplaying it, i dunno; he's sung the same tune for the past 5 years. i know we're talkin over 20 years here, but grover hasn't really commented much after the mid/late 80s about it.

besides, grover's not the only in-the-know person who says it wasn't for randy. just sayin.

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
            Donal Logue rocks!!!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
              Lots of great info, and nice big pics of Diego's guitar here:

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3390

You rule dude! That's awesome stuff and thanks for digging that up!

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                oh hell yeah, i'd pay over 20 for it if i had disposable cash like that; it's arguably one of the first rhoads models made that wasn't randy's. then again, i love old rhoads models, especially white ones. i'm also a little nuts.
                Yeah, if I had the disposable income, I probably would too. If that wasn't made for Randy then it would be the first Rhoads model made that wouldn't have been his.

I imagine it was originally built for him to see if he liked it or not, and I'm be willing to bet the three NAMM models were all slightly different in neck profile or something...

as far as grover downplaying it, i dunno; he's sung the same tune for the past 5 years. i know we're talkin over 20 years here, but grover hasn't really commented much after the mid/late 80s about it.

besides, grover's not the only in-the-know person who says it wasn't for randy. just sayin.

sully
                Yeah, well who really cares what Grover says anyways. It's the missing NAMM guitar, and who it was for doesn't really matter at this point. It's just one of the first Jacksons made, and it showcased the brand name at Jackson's first NAMM show. Not much else needs to be said, IMO.
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

y'know...perhaps it's the jameson and many harps afterward, but something about your post rings true. nice work, sir.

sully
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Hey Keith, good to hear from you. Its scary how we remember posts from years ago on here I guess since I can't afford a 20-30K guitar, the point is moot for me. We'll just have to see what it goes for then come back here and post some more about whether its worth that or not as I'm sure even the sale of it won't end the debate over its value here

Rudy
                    www.wickedrocks.com
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Just a putz who admires his own ass-I bet he sleeps with mirrors on the ceiling (His side only) Hell he probably has mirrors everywhere-stops and looks at himself every 30 seconds pointing and saying " How u doing" smiles walks off and slaps his ass

Comment

Originally posted by charveljunkie View Post
                        Just a putz who admires his own ass-I bet he sleeps with mirrors on the ceiling (His side only) Hell he probably has mirrors everywhere-stops and looks at himself every 30 seconds pointing and saying " How u doing" smiles walks off and slaps his ass

whew......for a minute there I thought I was the only one who did that.....
                        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                          whew......for a minute there I thought I was the only one who did that.....
                          How you doin'....:ROTF:
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                            How you doin'....:ROTF:
                            cool...how YOU doin?
                            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by charveljunkie View Post
                              That was my first thought after getting the magazine in the mail a couple days ago and reading the article.

After I was done reading, I was wondering how this article even came about in the first place. I don't think Guitar World did the detective homework, he probably approached them...for his own adjenda.

Comment

man, this just sucks; i still can't find the issue on the newsstands, but what a great opportunity for a cool, rare guitar to be talked about, and it seems to be a load of crap spewed by someone with an agenda. how unfortunate.

sully
                                Sully Guitars on Google+
                                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X