No announcement yet.

Lost Rhoads Found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny thing, that supposid prototype has bevels? Didn't the bevels show up after Randy's death? The very fact he doesn't know what the control plates are made of (plastic?), is a trigger his "facts" are BS. No dummy they are anodized brushed aluminum.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I had a very early RR and the covers were plastic(rear loader V trem).Very thick plastic and somewhat roughly cut.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by satch0922 View Post
        Randy never played it so....it's just another Jackson. Granted a very nice and very early Jackson.
        Just another Jackson? Umm... step away from the crack pipe and turn off your computer. :p

Even if it wasn't destined for Randy, it's still a Prototype Jackson, before there was serialized production. That in itself is much more than "just another Jackson".

Any pre-production Jackson has holy grail status, IMO.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

+1
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
            Just another Jackson? Umm... step away from the crack pipe and turn off your computer. :p

Even if it wasn't destined for Randy, it's still a Prototype Jackson, before there was serialized production. That in itself is much more than "just another Jackson".

Any pre-production Jackson has holy grail status, IMO.

$30,000 Jackson? BTW....never done crack

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
              I had a very early RR and the covers were plastic(rear loader V trem).Very thick plastic and somewhat roughly cut.
              Just to make a clarification, I was using the guy's quote as a reference. "It's special because they used brass parts then, and the current RRs are crap beause they're plastic".

Interesting. They may have used plastic sheet and hand fit each one when they started out.
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by satch0922 View Post
                $30,000 Jackson? BTW....never done crack
                If an EVH Art guitar can sell for $20,000, what makes you think that this wouldn't sell for at least that much?

And you still haven't qualified your statement that it's "just another Jackson"....
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I think it is the real deal and it will make a big $$$ to a collector. It is one of the first Jacksons and has its place in history. Well I guess we can stop wondering whatever happened to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Firebird V View Post
                    I think it is the real deal and it will make a big $$$ to a collector.
                    I think you are right. Probably R.W., just as Sully suggested.

It is one of the first Jacksons and has its place in history.
                    For sure, it is a significant guitar.

Well I guess we can stop wondering whatever happened to it.
                    :ROTF:
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

randy's black v had bevels, as did the white pinstripe guitar.

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
                      Funny thing, that supposid prototype has bevels? Didn't the bevels show up after Randy's death? The very fact he doesn't know what the control plates are made of (plastic?), is a trigger his "facts" are BS. No dummy they are anodized brushed aluminum.
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Agreed. But the owner talks about the bevels in a way that is misleading, leaving the impression that Randy's earlier versions didn't have bevels and they are one of the "unique" features of his early guitar.

I don't hold anything against the guy for talking up the guitar's rarity and trying to make a buck. As long as he were to try and get the facts straight. But he throws a lot of inaccurate BS in there, and does it in a way that is very smarmy used car salesman-ish.

The clincher for me was looking back in the magazine's classifieds. It wasn't enough for the choad to get the full article spread, but then he went and bought ad space for himself in the back, too. What an @ss.

Comment

i can't find that issue in any of the bookstores around me yet. i've been really looking forward to reading about this, but now it seems like i'd wind up very disappointed. that blows.

and wtf ever happened to the GW posters? i would have liked one of this guitar for sure.

sully
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Sully, if you don't find the mag, drop me a note and I'll scan it for you.

BTW, seperated at birth?...

Comment

I gotta say, this is a cool guitar for sure. But $20-30k? I don't see it. Even if it is some magical mysterious missing Rhoads, that's not enough to bring that kind of money. I think we're a long way away from seeing a Jackson/Charvel guitar without any real celebrity ownership or connection being worth anywhere near that kind of money. If Randy played it, then it would be way more money, but as a guitar that was accidentally sold at NAMM it just wouldn't make that much sense.

Outside of a relatively small community, nobody gives a shit about Jackson/Charvel guitars. Then you shrink that by the number of people that can and will spend big coin on a guitar. It's not like this is a rare Fender or Gibson.
                              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I think that it is the missing NAMM guitar and I'm glad that it has been found. I tell you though, I can't stop thinking about the forth guitar that was being made besides this one. If you all remember there was the black one that Grover had finished by Mike Shannon for the collector that had the Jackson/Charvel World website. I can't remember his name right now. Anyway, if I remember right, when he sold off his collection I was told that it went for $5500. Would this missing NAMM guitar be worth more than that one? Seems like they would be about the same to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X