No announcement yet.

USA Production Series Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I appreciate the appreciation for appreciating value, but when they're depreciating rapidly, deprecation isn't appreciated.
    I believe this one may be signature-worthy Newc!

I'm currently too busy appreciating the So-Cals to continue educating you.
    Well, at least you're out of the closet now.

Comment

• I just stopped in
      To see what appreciation
      My appreciation was in
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

• Originally posted by Newc View Post
        I appreciate the appreciation for appreciating value, but when they're depreciating rapidly, deprecation isn't appreciated :ROTF:

Admit it - you're Amish, aren't you?
        Actually that IS a good sig line.

..and if you mean me, no I'm not Amish. I got kicked out when I traded my orange safety triangle (and the buggy attached to it) for an '85 Soloist.

As for selling prices. Nothing is bringing much money right now sad to say. But the pawn shops should get good before long. Always a silver lining.
        Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
        98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

• Originally posted by 85 San Dimas View Post
          Actually that IS a good sig line.

..and if you mean me, no I'm not Amish. I got kicked out when I traded my orange safety triangle (and the buggy attached to it) for an '85 Soloist.

As for selling prices. Nothing is bringing much money right now sad to say. But the pawn shops should get good before long. Always a silver lining.
          It's definately a buyer's market right now if you have the money! I saw a 2005 reissue in candy blue with V-trem , maple board, H-S configuration go for $550 shipped last night on ebay with the case!!!!!!!! I was watching it but missed the bid because my wife had me doing stuff... Just as well I guess because I don't need to spend the money but somebody got a heck of a deal!

Comment

• Originally posted by beachjammer View Post
            It's definately a buyer's market right now if you have the money!
            Sure is! Last couple of mint Pro Mods went for sub-700 prices. Last brand new So Cal went for less than 800. Deals are out there if yer lookin!

Comment

• Just got a Tangerine Type 2 (havn't got round to taking a picture yet) and after playing and buying a number of guitars over the the last few years I have to say that Charvel have really got things right with these guitars!
              The colours are fantastic along with the necks and the hardware and I think you'd be hard pushed to buy a better guitar anywhere else in this price brackett!

I'm really tempted to get a So Cal now- I'm over in the States at the end of June from the UK and I'm stopping in Philadelphia so If I get a free day to shop I could well be taking one back on the plane!( I would have to remove the neck and carry on or pack in the hold)

Anyone here know any dealers in Phili?

Fantastic guitars period!
              Last edited by Guinny; 05-25-2009, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• Played my new white SD the other night at a gig. Ran it through my Marshall JCM800 reissue, pure tone heaven.

My advice on the production models - have them set up professionaly, HUGE difference in playability. After a tech set the action/neck/etc. I swear this white one is *just as good* as a custom shop. Couldn't be happier for a grand.

Comment

• I had a San Dimas back in 1984 that I would give anything to own again regardless of price. One of the baddest guitars I ever owned and I loved the unfinished maple neck especially. Single humbucker w/ floating trem and zebra body. The hunt continues to find it

REWARD for info
                  2001 Les Paul Standard
                  2010 Explorer '76 RI
                  1988 Charvel Model 3

Comment

• Right back to the top... Lets see some more pictures. Enough of the bickering!

Enjoy!

Comment

• Originally posted by MonteChristo View Post
                      Right back to the top... Lets see some more pictures. Enough of the bickering!

Enjoy!

nice pics, that so-cal looks great! I love my SD1 so much I am going to buy my second charvel. I think a so-cal is in my future.

Comment

• My CT SoCal should be here today (bought one for the same price I sold mine for a while back )
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

• Stupid question: Do these guitars come with moulded cases like Jacksons do?
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

• Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                            Stupid question: Do these guitars come with moulded cases like Jacksons do?
                            Nope - gig bag.
                            Blank yo!

Comment

• sup?!
                              i really want one of these production models
                              my model 1 is amazing, my main axe! i'll post some pics soon actually.
                              anyway yeah, i initially wanted the candy plum so-cal model, looks incredible
                              but now that they're releasing the new batch..ferrari red!! im torn between the 2! i'll probably go for the ferrari red in the end, although i think a SD1 would look so much better in ferrari red than the so-cal.
                              also...dimarzios?!?! totally not my cuppa coffee!
                              so i cant get a SD1 in ferrari red....and i cant get a ferrari red so-cal with duncans! pretty annoying that whichever one i buy is a compramise : (

Comment

• Originally posted by John.E.Fawkes View Post
                                sup?!
                                totally not my cuppa coffee!
                                (
                                I suggest you ease up on the coffee, boy!

I'd be willing to bet that the ferrari red will be the next or very soon color on the SD1 or whatever replaces the SD2. So patience, grasshopper.

Also - Dave Murray used to play a Jackson strat that was red with a black pickguard - very cool.

And - don't discount the Dimarzios - they rip. I put Dimarzio's in my SD1.
                                Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                                X