USA Production Series Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice ZV

Still working on the mods for mine - got a massive switching setup I'm trying to sort out first
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

• I love my So Cal.

Can never have enough photos!

(Got a sub #2000 )

THIS IS MY POST
      Thanks for reading

Comment

• Originally posted by Zaneus View Post
        I love my So Cal.

Can never have enough photos!

(Got a sub #2000 )

saw this new for $799 today. I'm not a fan at all (as everyone knows) but if this is what you want then the less you pay........if they're selling them for that I wouldn't pay any more.
        Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
        98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

• Originally posted by jmsaxon69 View Post
          Those pics are beautiful! I love the finish on the Tangerine, it almost looks like molten metal or copper or something....I think I miss mine already:think:
          Haha thank you! I liked the way the pics came out so much so that i made it my screensaver. The color really pops in direct light
          Ratt & Roll

Comment

• I'm not a fan at all (as everyone knows)
            Yeah...we've noticed. So, if you hate these guitars so damn much, why do you insist on continuously reading our threads and posting comments regarding them?

No disrespect, but you're like a closet gay guy who incessantly makes fun of gay people in an attempt to hide his sexuality. Do you really, truly deep down love these pro mods so much that you have to constantly put them down?

Let those of us that appreciate them enjoy them!

Comment

• No, he actually hates them so much that he feels compelled to dissuade others from buying them, and to make those of us that have already bought them believe there's some physical trait named "vibe" or "mojo" that his original 1980s USA Charvels have that ours don't.

You find that sort of thing everywhere - the Coca-Cola you get today isn't as good as when I was a kid, those Levi's 501s at the mall suck compared to the ones I had back in the late 80s, your fancy-shmancy Windows PC cannot compete with the sheer awesomeness of my vintage Commodore64, your PlayStation3 and realistic-looking 3D games aren't as fun as my old Atari 2600 copy of Asteroids, color TV sucks compared to black&white, solid state modelers don't sound like tubes, ad nauseum.

It's a Puritanical mindset, basically, where nothing can ever be better than "how it used to be". "Charvel died when Grover took over" is the mantra for some, while others chant "The Evil Empire (Fender) has butchered and bastardized the Charvel name and heritage with their massive influx of new equipment, a better facility, widespread distribution, effective marketing, and a volume/quality balance that a small boutique shop can't match" - that sorta thing.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

• FYI the Charvels here in aus cost $2000RRP. I paid $1400 which gets you a guitar worth around $600 in US. I got a bloody bargain. Plus, i really, really like these guitars, compared to everything i played in the price range i paid, the charvel wins out.

Thank you for you're opinion.
                THIS IS MY POST
                Thanks for reading

Comment

• Originally posted by 6string40 View Post
                  Yeah...we've noticed. So, if you hate these guitars so damn much, why do you insist on continuously reading our threads and posting comments regarding them?

No disrespect, but you're like a closet gay guy who incessantly makes fun of gay people in an attempt to hide his sexuality. Do you really, truly deep down love these pro mods so much that you have to constantly put them down?

Let those of us that appreciate them enjoy them!

As you obviously don't know... A real man doesn't feel threatened by a differing opinion. Grow nads.

I just told you where to save money on it. I guess that you don't appreciate someone pointing out a 300 dollar discount to you.
                  Last edited by 85 San Dimas; 05-17-2009, 12:26 PM.

Current Junk:
                  98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

• Originally posted by Newc View Post

It's a Puritanical mindset, basically, where nothing can ever be better than "how it used to be". "Charvel died when Grover took over" is the mantra for some, while others chant "The Evil Empire (Fender) has butchered and bastardized the Charvel name and heritage with their massive influx of new equipment, a better facility, widespread distribution, effective marketing, and a volume/quality balance that a small boutique shop can't match" - that sorta thing.
                    Actually I don't think all that but you make a good case for it. But the personal crap is irrelevent. the guitars are $799 to you right now. What I consider a fair price if you want one.

Try a little objectivity in your "kool-aid".

Current Junk:

Comment

• 4 months later, and my SD1 has become my main player I like it a lot... Modded it with a push/pull volume pot to split the pups... Made it even better than it was

The next one will be a So Cal... I'm really wanting to do a S/H like some of you have done. That would be my ideal guitar
                      Don

Comment

• I saw the black SD2 ( i guess that's right. the black tele 2 hum w/locking trem). It's a looker. With the maple neck it sort of gives you the Townsend Schecter PT vibe (which I always thought was the slickest tele-style guitar I ever saw), and the black So-Cal. But as I''ve been saying, if you don't mind black I think its worth every dime for new. Just look around for a good deal.

Current Junk:

Comment

• Originally posted by 85 San Dimas View Post
                          As you obviously don't know... A real man doesn't feel threatened by a differing opinion. Grow nads.
                          LMFAO...:ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:

Threatened???? Seriously dude???? Who ever said anything about feeling threatened????

I'm just telling you to shut the fuck up, because we're tired of hearing you bitch!!!!

It's a simple matter of "context."

I had no issue with you posting your comments in the "cut corners" thread--that's what it was meant for. That's where your "differing opinion" was meant to be posted and, while some disagreed, it was accepted...myself included.

But, apparently you cannot read...this one is entitled "appreciation thread." If you don't "appreciate" them, then why bother (a) opening the link, (b) reading any post within the link or (c) posting the fact that you don't like them? The only relevance to your post was "you can get these for $799 somewhere." That is fantastic! In fact, we appreciate that information, but just tell us that and don't feel the need to remind us that you don't like them!

Now, for those of us who "appreciate" our USA Production Model Charvels or have any commentary pertinent to the context of this thread, feel free to proceed...

Comment

• Originally posted by 85 San Dimas View Post
                            I saw the black SD2 ( i guess that's right. the black tele 2 hum w/locking trem). It's a looker. With the maple neck it sort of gives you the Townsend Schecter PT vibe (which I always thought was the slickest tele-style guitar I ever saw), and the black So-Cal. But as I''ve been saying, if you don't mind black I think its worth every dime for new. Just look around for a good deal.
                            Thank you...this comment can be appreciated within the context of this thread!

Comment

• Originally posted by 6string40 View Post
                              LMFAO...:ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:

Threatened???? Seriously dude???? Who ever said anything about feeling threatened????

I'm just telling you to shut the fuck up, because we're tired of hearing you bitch!!!!

It's a simple matter of "context."

I had no issue with you posting your comments in the "cut corners" thread--that's what it was meant for. That's where your "differing opinion" was meant to be posted and, while some disagreed, it was accepted...myself included.

But, apparently you cannot read...this one is entitled "appreciation thread." If you don't "appreciate" them, then why bother (a) opening the link, (b) reading any post within the link or (c) posting the fact that you don't like them? The only relevance to your post was "you can get these for $799 somewhere." That is fantastic! In fact, we appreciate that information, but just tell us that and don't feel the need to remind us that you don't like them!

Now, for those of us who "appreciate" our USA Production Model Charvels or have any commentary pertinent to the context of this thread, feel free to proceed...
                              First I don't need your permission. Second, you don't appreciate shit or we wouldn't be having this particular discussion would we?

But to conclude. My post was straight up. It was "everyone knows I don't like them (but) if you're interested here's what they're asking for them currently. I think they're worth that (that part is MY opinion). The point being that since they are selling for this I would not pay any more than that. So I wouldn't pay the 10 or 11. I'm being an ideal forum member by passing the info along.

If I didn't post the qualification "I don't like them" then I would have gotten a stupid ass post that said "why don't you leave this thread alone?"

....which I still got because of a lack of reading comprehension skills on the part of YOU... typing before thinking.

So in the end I posted a PSA w/ the qualification that I'm a well-known critic, and then YOU made the choice to go personal with your knee-jerk reaction.

It's that simple. Oh, and BTW. Since you are so proud of your reading skills check this out: Shut the Fuck up.

I'm currently too busy appreciating the So-Cals to continue educating you.
                              Last edited by 85 San Dimas; 05-18-2009, 01:31 PM.

Current Junk:

Comment

• On the issue of "whatever's the current price is all they're worth", the same can be said of those "real Charvels" as you call them (i.e. the ones made in the actual Custom Shop by the actual Custom Shop guys like Mike Shannon) that are selling - SELLING - for about $1400. That's a far cry from the $2500+ you were quoting as "what Charvels cost".

I appreciate the appreciation for appreciating value, but when they're depreciating rapidly, deprecation isn't appreciated :ROTF:

(run that one through the "English as a Second Language" class )

Admit it - you're Amish, aren't you?

Comment

Working...
                                X