No announcement yet.

USA Production Series Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about thinking ahead and combining all that into one post?

@ Montecristo - out of curiousity how'd you get the Floyd to sit flush on the body?
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

• @ Montecristo - out of curiousity how'd you get the Floyd to sit flush on the body?
      both the promods I have had were flush.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
        both the promods I have had were flush.
        That's strange, they normally come with a little room to pull up.
        Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by DHardmanJr View Post
          That's strange, they normally come with a little room to pull up.
          Especially considering the angled neck pocket.
          Blank yo!

Comment

• All three of mine sat up almost 1 cm off the face of the guitar. :think:

Comment

• Thus my question to Monte christo. Without routing the neck pocket, I'm guessing reverse neck shim and lots of saddle shim.
              Blank yo!

Comment

• [QUOTE=Grandturk;1285504]How about thinking ahead and combining all that into one post?

how about why should I?

Comment

• In a totally unrelated response... It appears that if you order a non-recessed Floyd from Warmoth, they route the neck pocket angle for a flush-mount Floyd. Very 80's of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by axe_calibur View Post

how about why should I?
                    Maybe so you don't look like a complete dickhead? :dunno:

Comment

• Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                      Maybe so you don't look like a complete dickhead? :dunno:
                      Too late for that.
                      Blank yo!

Comment

• "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                        Gotta get away from here.
                        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

• Can I play?

Comment

• See the nice chip from the trem resting on the body. On my tangerine so cal the trem is slightly off the body. I have 2 mutts with these necks too. The one I made with a 2005 charvel copperhead body, I had to shim the neck pocket and the other I Think it's an esp M-1 that I had a jackson rr3 neck on it I had to lower the kahler saddles almost all the way down. There is something different about these necks compared to J/C pointies.

Comment

• I'm almost certain that the copperhead was a flush mount, Rich. I recall someone complaining about this, that the GC order of copperhead pointies had the trem resting on the body, no pull-up.

There isn't anything different about the necks IMO... It's all in the neck pocket. My CS neck was on a guitar with a recessed Floyd, no tilt whatsoever and the fretboard barely off the body. I bolted it onto my Pro Mod and it's angled just like the stock neck. :dunno:

Comment

• I'm almost certain that the copperhead was a flush mount, Rich. I recall someone complaining about this, that the GC order of copperhead pointies had the trem resting on the body, no pull-up.

There isn't anything different about the necks IMO... It's all in the neck pocket. My CS neck was on a guitar with a recessed Floyd, no tilt whatsoever and the fretboard barely off the body. I bolted it onto my Pro Mod and it's angled just like the stock neck. :dunno:
                                On the copperhead I had to shim the neck alot(at an angle) just to get it to where it sits flush on the body. Since I couldn't afford one at the time I didn't pay close attention to the ones I did check out. On the other it was originally a vtrem so it did have a shim to get the right neck angle with the old neck but the kahler was all the way up. Now I had to lower it all the way down.:think:

Comment

Working...
                                X