No announcement yet.

Really......ALZ is Alive....dangggggg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God, I'm so late to the game here... can't believe I'm just now reading about Sam's passing. Never met him, never PM'd him, hell, I can't say I've ever responded to one of his posts, but f**k... I feel so mortal lately. I'm 43 and apparently am hitting the age where people fall over dead.

So sorry to hear that. Above and beyond any crap that happens here on the interweb, we are all just people. And it's a damn tragedy whenever anyone so young passes on.

Went and met a friend for drinks last week; he's a popular keyboardist in several Minneapolis bands... we normally spend our get togethers talking about music and gear. Our past evening out was spent talking about our parents' health, and taking care of them. And another friend's wife is having serious health issues.

Just terrible.

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonluvr View Post
      Al Z is a friend of mine.. I was banned from here a LONG time ago too... (kickaxeguitars IS me) Al Z knows his sh!t, he has never ripped anyone off, he can be a little opinionated at times is all.
      I don't think anyone should be banned for life on any forum.. (Unless its a scamming scum bag of some sort -Yeah you Tim Rose) Opinions vary and I never could understand why some admins
      can't get that?? (K.M. comes to mind) its a Forum.. various opinions people.. not everyone is going to agree!)
      I'm half certain if you're banned for life you can't make another account :confused:

Comment

AlZ is kool.
        Emerald
        Last edited by Emerald; 06-10-2012, 08:11 PM.
        http://www.treblebooster.net/bolin.html
        http://www.vintagewashburn.com/Elect...veStevens.html
        http://www.garymoorefc.com/guitars_heritage
        http://www.garymoorefc.com/guitars_hamer

Comment

little rant time here. it seems lots of cool people with lots of knowledge over the years have come and gone or have been banned. i know guys that used to collect lots of these guitars who sold their guitars and moved on because of all the hassle they have gotten for this and that or having fake guitars when it was thought that they had origianl stuff. i bought stuff from some of these guys, who seemed cool and on the up and up and when i turned around to sell some of my stuff i got screwed since everybody jumped on my ass about the stuff being fake. when i say everybody, i don't mean the old school guys who told me to trust the gutiars i got, i mean new guys on this and other forums who didn't know me from adam. i traded lots of san diams and pre pro guitars with guys or sold stuff back to them. it was all for the joy of the guitars. then you see a new site or two pop up, and you need special entry to their forum and you need to contribute blah blah blah or they ban you... i mean, this stuff is silly to me. not too mention they screwed me with my few remaining guitars. i have stayed away from here because i get a bad taste in my mouth with this community. it's good to see that there are still some old school guys here that i remember as being decent, and alz seemed to be one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by 1 View Post
            i have stayed away from here because i get a bad taste in my mouth with this community.
            The community is actually quite nice, once again. There was a lot of nasty shit going on behind the scenes here as well as over there (by that I mean, the Charvel sub-forum vs the Jackson sub-forum, when both were on ezboard). There was a lot of nasty shit going on in front of the scene out in the open too. A LOT of great veterans left or were banned during all this. Many for very valid reasons, but with all the BS that was going on in the knitting circles, it wasn't valid reasons why people were banned, they were almost all spitefully personal ones. Jeremy has mostly never cared about this board, at least for a long while. It was the moderating staff being quite despicable at times... they had power because they were connected to the Mothership and were kinda evil about it. But it's not really their fault, everyone was to blame. There was just so much BS and backstabbery going on. It's funny to look back and see how seriously everyone was taking all that shit.

Moderating here is fine now. Maybe a little too lenient, but there isn't any of that mega-drama going on anymore, at least from what I can see. I'm sure there's still a lot of hard feelings that will never, ever go away, but the war has been over for a long time now.

I'd be more than happy to see most of the old timers get their accounts back. All of them were part of what really made the community great. Lots of drama, but it was a lot of fun back then too.
            Last edited by xenophobe; 08-30-2012, 01:49 PM.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
              Jeremy has mostly never cared about this board, at least for a long while. It was the moderating staff being quite despicable at times... they had power because they were connected to the Mothership and were kinda evil about it.
              Jeremy was very involved back then. Maybe not over the past few years, but I don’t know as I haven’t been an admin (or a despicable behaving mod, to adopt your term) in years. I understand that you’re posting from your perception, but I’d say that you're laying it on a bit thick.

That aside, I miss the old old days, but who doesn’t?
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                Jeremy was very involved back then. Maybe not over the past few years, but I don’t know as I haven’t been an admin (or a despicable behaving mod, to adopt your term) in years. I understand that you’re posting from your perception, but I’d say that you're laying it on a bit thick.

That aside, I miss the old old days, but who doesn’t?
                I should have worded that differently. He was very involved back then. By the time this version of the board came up he had already stopped participating for a year or so, for the most part.

Everyone always misses the old days.

Comment

the old days were great. I do think as the charvel craze boomed, and people found that the guitars they loved could make them a big bucks and a lot changed. it was almost like a pissing match of who had what, who had the deeper pockets & which mutt/fake was being passed around like the drunken whore, before being sold off to some unsuspecting sucker as the "real deal". I remember back in the day; you wanted a charvel logo on a strat headstock to be like Warren, Vivian or Jake, now you want a Charvel logo cause its worth more....

Comment

I miss the old boards too all the drama was fun in a way.
                    I'd love to see all the old guys back if just to say hi every now and then.
                    ALZ and I keep in touch and he is a great guy.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                      I miss the old boards too all the drama was fun in a way.
                      I'd love to see all the old guys back if just to say hi every now and then.
                      ALZ and I keep in touch and he is a great guy.
                      i definitely move for an official cease fire on all fronts
                      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                        i definitely move for an official cease fire on all fronts
                        +1

Comment

Back to the guitar...Justin and I were just talking about it this very eve...nice axe, a bit of paint touching up on back, and a Kahler mod, but overall very cool graphic.
                          It's all about the guitars fellas...

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Could call a cease fire for a month, and see what falls out.
                              Make the rules clear.
                              He who is banned is under parole, first wrong step they are out again.

Some are no longer with us, RIP.
                              Many of us know where the banned went to.

It could be done if the mods allow it and are willing to do the work.

Comment

Back to scheduled programing.
                                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                                X