No announcement yet.

6th Batch Custom Colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a Lake Placid Blue MIM Strat to me.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
      Sounds like a Lake Placid Blue MIM Strat to me.
      Could be. It seemed to be the same color, but with the flourescent lights, and no Candy Blue Charvels to compare it to...

I'll take a photo of it next time I'm there! It wasn't Lake Placid blue though, this had the purple hints my Candy Blue has.
      Last edited by AndyK; 09-30-2009, 03:24 PM.
      '09 Charvel San Dimas USA
      '85 Jackson Soloist w/Floyd
      '98 PRS Custom 22
      '10 Les Paul Traditional

Comment

I'm sure that's what it was. I used to have an MIA Strat in Lake Placid...depending upon its age, it can be very similar to the Charvel Candy Blue.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
          Oh, I'm not going to let you get away with that one - especially with Jim Root having played a Model series Charvel for years, and that black Charvel strathead with EMGs.

It has nothing to do with "letting me get away with" anything. We talked and he is totally into Fender. He has a DeMartini as well, but his main axe is the Fender and he is absolutely into it.

I would obviously be into him playing Charvel, but the point is, he IS where he WANTS to be. That says something about him and it says something about his Signature Series. I totally respect that.

Comment

and forget about John 5...that dude has $millions$ wrapped up in vintage Teles...he's a total Tele freak

Comment

Originally posted by 6string40 View Post
              and forget about John 5...that dude has $millions$ wrapped up in vintage Teles...he's a total Tele freak
              That I had heard (and that's a lot of Teles - even if they were all worth $20K, that's 50 of them!).

I'm just saying - it makes business sense for a company to use (that's right, use) an artist to push a product. And I think we're all not so naive that we think these guys play what they want to play.

Put it this way: Eric Clapton sells Stratocasters. If you like EC, you might not buy an EC Sig Model, but you probably will buy a Strat.

John 5 sells the John 5 model Tele. If you like John 5 and you don't want to shell out for a John 5 sig model, you're probably not going to buy a regular Tele as your second choice. Same thing with the other guy. Fender don't need them to sell Tele's - Teles are selling fine without them.

Now... you get John 5 playing a Charvel Tele (sorry, San Dimas Single Cutaway) and you've got a choice - you can buy the sig model, or hell, the next best thing, the San Dimas Style 2 (now dead, of course).

Ah, but what the hell do I know - I'm an asshole.
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

And a big mouth one as well.

But, I'm gonna be totally honest here. Jim Root playing a Telecaster is stupid. Deep down, we all know that Telecasters are stupid, boring twangy guitars for guys like Willie Nelson to plink away at while sing through their nose about their lawst dawg and their ex wife who stole their pick-up truck.

Comment

socal looks awesome!
                  as for the other 2.. VERY dissapointed
                  kandy magenta is pretty cool, i like bright guitars, but i think they ruined it by making it trans.. whats the point on an alder body?
                  also, what is so "wild" about exactly the same guitar but with a trans paintjob..?!?!
                  "wildcard" more like the joker.

Comment

And a big mouth one as well.

But, I'm gonna be totally honest here. Jim Root playing a Telecaster is stupid. Deep down, we all know that Telecasters are stupid, boring twangy guitars for guys like Willie Nelson to plink away at while sing through their nose about their lawst dawg and their ex wife who stole their pick-up truck.

Oh no you didn't....
                    Gatton is going to claw his way out of the grave and get you for that.

Hiland will be driving, so it may take them awhile to get there.
                    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Oh lawdy Jesus tha's funny!
                      -------------------------
                      Blank yo!

Comment

Deep down, we all know that Telecasters are stupid, boring twangy guitars

Comment

So... basically, the "wildcard" is just a different color on an existing model.

So you've got your regular production black SD1 and Socal...

Then you've got your "limited color" of each model...

Then you've got your "wildcard color" of one of the models...

Hey, I love the guys at C/J, but it seems like they ran out of steam coming up with a sales gimick on this one...

Charvel guy: "[sharp inhale] Dude.... let's paint one a different color and like call it the wildcard, man [exhale]... whoa..."
                          The whole quarterly batch thing is the sales gimmick - and a bloody good one at that.

However, maybe the worm has turned and it's now time for a change in marketing strategy. In my view they should have black, polar white and Ferrari red base colours of each model and then bring out limited edition metallic (Candy) or solid colours every once in a while.

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Big D View Post
                            wasnt that guy in super troopers
                            "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
                            Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

That I had heard (and that's a lot of Teles - even if they were all worth $20K, that's 50 of them!).

John 5 sells the John 5 model Tele. If you like John 5 and you don't want to shell out for a John 5 sig model, you're probably not going to buy a regular Tele as your second choice. Same thing with the other guy. Fender don't need them to sell Tele's - Teles are selling fine without them.

Check out the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPGjhuD2wkE

He paid $135,000 for his Broadcaster alone.

I agree with you that if you like John 5 or Jim Root you are NOT going to buy a standard Tele. Standard Teles are one thing, a Tele body with dual Dimarzios or EMGs are just a Tele body hotrodded like a Charvel would be.

And I agree that you are an asshole.

Comment

Originally posted by toxikdeth View Post
                                wasnt that guy in super troopers
                                Do you mean "CHiPs"?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSzEmPEnYxo

....and he's obviously a zoologist as well as a motorcycle cop if he can spot a Homo sapiens.

Comment

Working...
                                X