6th Batch Custom Colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
    So... basically, the "wildcard" is just a different color on an existing model.

So you've got your regular production black SD1 and Socal...

Then you've got your "limited color" of each model...

Then you've got your "wildcard color" of one of the models...

Hey, I love the guys at C/J, but it seems like they ran out of steam coming up with a sales gimick on this one...

Charvel guy: "[sharp inhale] Dude.... let's paint one a different color and like call it the wildcard, man [exhale]... whoa..."

I'd like to address this, even thought it breaks my rules when it comes to these types of posts.

The Trans Kandy Magenta "Wildcard" has two features that were not offered on the past "batches". It has a trans finish and a 2 piece body (which makes it lighter and more toneful).

We originally went with Chrome hardware on this color, but the black looked better. It was more important to make the guitar right to itself, than to worry about it being different for differences sake.

As I said in other posts, you will see many other options creep in to the "Wildcard".

Comment

Originally posted by Bionic View Post
      I'd like to address this, even thought it breaks my rules when it comes to these types of posts.

The Trans Kandy Magenta "Wildcard" has two features that were not offered on the past "batches". It has a trans finish and a 2 piece body (which makes it lighter and more toneful).

We originally went with Chrome hardware on this color, but the black looked better. It was more important to make the guitar right to itself, than to worry about it being different for differences sake.

As I said in other posts, you will see many other options creep in to the "Wildcard".
      Great input and perspective. I think you guys are doing fantastic work with the Production models.

Of course not everyone is going to be happy with every choice you make, but I'd say overall this is another killer batch. As evidence to back up my praise, one of your dealers already has my deposit money for a white So Cal. That will be my 3rd USA Pro model. Keep 'em coming!

P.S. Assuming my white So Cal shows up in the next 2-3 weeks, it will see it's debut gig when we open for Tesla on Oct. 27th.

Comment

The White So Cal is cool. I have two So Cals at the moment so am more interested in the Style 1.

Style 1 colors ... the "green" looks very much like a very light "blue" to me on all the online pictures. Could be my monitor ... or my eyes. I wonder whether it looks more green or blue in person. This one is intriguing.

The trans magenta one ... it's really hard to tell in the photos that it is transparent ... looks like a solid color like a "hot pink"

Kudos to Charvel though for keeping some variety and keeping us guessing. Although I would really like a rosewood fretboard one, it seems like the chances are pretty slim on that. Still hopeful though.
        Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Big D View Post
          Great input and perspective. I think you guys are doing fantastic work with the Production models.

Of course not everyone is going to be happy with every choice you make, but I'd say overall this is another killer batch. As evidence to back up my praise, one of your dealers already has my deposit money for a white So Cal. That will be my 3rd USA Pro model. Keep 'em coming!

P.S. Assuming my white So Cal shows up in the next 2-3 weeks, it will see it's debut gig when we open for Tesla on Oct. 27th.
          Should be in the stores October 2nd!!! and thanks! I love the Polar White So Cal myself!

Comment

The Sea Sick Green is very blue. It's very close to a Daphne Blue, but as you look closely it's got a green hue (if that makes sense). It's one of those rounds where the photo's and video's don't do them justice. The Trans Kandy is very cool when you see it in person too!

Get down to your stores and check them out...

Comment

Speaking of local stores to find the Charvels ... I was in the Sam Ash in Charlotte, NC and they had the production models. The one closest to me, in Raleigh, didn't have them last time I was there and they gave me a nebulous answer on if/when they might carry them or if they could even order them.

I wonder if all or most Sam Ash stores will eventually carry them.
              Dave

Comment

I don't want to come off like a big mouted ass - so I want you to know that I love my ProMod, I love what's happening with the Charvel brand and I think you guys are doing a great job. And you know I've tried to thank you every time you've pitched in on this board because I appreciate your input.

So I guess I was just a little deflated by the wildcard this time around - love the custom colors, though. But, you know - different strokes.
                -------------------------
                Blank yo!

Comment

Ha "Tranny Kandy"....That is soooo the name of my new band....
                  H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

None of them are doing it for me this round.
                    The Seasick Green was so close, but, not quite what I would have wanted.
                    It's a neither nor color. Not quite Robins egg Blue, not quite Seafoam Green. It's Almost like that Sage Green that they used to use on MIM strats.

The wildcard is a bit disappointing for what would be a #1 of the new series. I would have expected #1 to be an all out attempt to show what is meant by the 3rd option.
                    Tell mgt to forget the concept of "feature creep" and either commit to the concept or only do 2 Custom Colors per run.

This one feels only half pregnant.

At least the black guitars are still available for those who feel this was a letdown batch.
                    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I like them all. The white one the best. The trans finish doesn't really come across well in youtube vids I'm sure. Any chance of a higher res body pic of one?
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I'm liking the sea sick green a lot. Can't wait to see some better pictures of it

Comment

I was surprised to see a trans finish offered since these are 3 piece bodies. But I'm glad to hear Charvel coughed up the extra few dollars on thier part to actually use 2 piece center seamed bodies for the trans finsh.
                          I have to say they that I really like the like cleam simple look of the white SoCal. I bet that one sells out quick. I got an email from a major Charvel vendor that said he couldn't get one for me and he tried. couldn't get any of the white SoCals because they are all gone.

Comment

They should change the base color to white. It's a hot seller!

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                              They should change the base color to white. It's a hot seller!
                              +999999999999999999999999

It would be interesting to see a Wildcard that was painted half black and half white like a Michael Schenker V.

Bionic- I'm still waiting on that star body.

Comment

newc is gassing again.
                                "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Working...
                                X