This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Balrog View Post
    Damn man, that's close to home!! Saw them at the Ritz with the big fancy stage rigging way back when. D-D-D-Dance! Remember Vampirella?
    I wasn't born until Dec. 85, but happened to stumble upon this website:

http://www.motorcityrock.com/

Comment

• Forgive me if there are a few repeats in here... I'm going off memory of what's been mentioned.

The Electric Boys
      D.A.D.
      Dangerous Toys
      Dirty Looks
      Dirty Rhythm
      Every Mother's Nightmare
      Heavy Bones
      Junkyard
      Kick Axe
      Signal w/ Marc Free
      Spinal Tap!!! TO ELEVEN!!!
      Tangier
      Unruly Child
      Vince Neil - solo stuff
      WhiteCross - for you Christian guys
      Loudhouse
      Barracuda
      Last edited by chrisolson; 07-11-2008, 07:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jacksoncsplayer View Post
        Scott, there's something about an old beat up les paul that just says fuckin play me! I regret getting rid of the few i've had. That one looks well loved.
        I agree!

The guy who took the picture dared me to take it out. I had just talked to the tech and was hoping he'd say, "Check it out man, take a look" like most techs will to other techs. But he didn't. My buddy said both of us could take him if it got physical! HA! But no, I didn't touch it. I just pointed at it.

Then watched their whole set from side stage.

Dave was warming up before he went on right in front of me. I was starstruck. He saw me looking at him and he came over and nodded at me and said "whats up?". I think I croaked a "nothing" and he smiled and strapped on the Les Paul and went out and killed everybody.

On a sidenote, the tech "thinks" it's an early 70's. I guess the serial number was lost after the first few neckbreaks. But he said Dave remembers getting in in 1972 or 73.
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

• Pantera - Projects in the Jungle
          As close to Def Lep as you can get. "Diamond" Darrell kicked ass even though he sported one hell of a 70's fro.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.C View Post
            Metal Massacre 3 ---
            albums included The Bitch is Back - Be My Slave & Damnation Alley...A rose By Any Other Name

after Bitch broke up Betsy went on to form another band appropriately named Betsy...... she was sexy......
            OH!!! I still have "The Bitch is back" LP!!! I used to have a few of their CD's including the Betsy cd. Wow that brings back odd memories. Been a long time since I heard them mentioned
            In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

• Cats In Boots - Shotgun Sally
              http://www.youtube.com/v/wBmmG4AA7DQ

I really liked this track, but I never got to check out anything else they did...

Comment

• did anyone mention trixter or phantom blue? If you go on youtube there's a really good live video of warrant firehouse and trixter covering fight for your right to party by the beastie boys.

Pretty boy floyd also springs to mind suddenly

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
                  Cats In Boots - Shotgun Sally
                  http://www.youtube.com/v/wBmmG4AA7DQ

I really liked this track, but I never got to check out anything else they did...
                  that's another record i really liked. the whole thing is pretty good.

sully
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

• Phantom Blue - they were glam in look only. They were pretty intense!! Hot chicks that REALLY shred!!

...and I saw that vid with Firehouse, Trixter, and Warrant. Sorta cool!

Comment

• chris, thats funny you mention slave raider. We opened for them more times than i could count. Hericane alice a couple of times too. My friend is playing drums in a band with Tom Dades, monster bass player who took leticias place in SR.

Also, some people mentioned loudness, Soldier of Fortune with mike vescera singing smokes.
                      Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

• I love the Hericane Alice cd. Strong record from start to finish. Too bad they never got further, but it seems like alot of the great bands went unappreciated:

Hericane Alice
                        Warrior
                        Malice
                        King Kobra
                        Rough Cutt
                        Cold Sweat

etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
                          chris, thats funny you mention slave raider. We opened for them more times than i could count. Hericane alice a couple of times too. My friend is playing drums in a band with Tom Dades, monster bass player who took leticias place in SR.

Also, some people mentioned loudness, Soldier of Fortune with mike vescera singing smokes.
                          Tommy D!! I remember him - he had some KICKASS Ibanez basses. He was in some kinda thrash outfit before the Raid, wasn't he? I saw him when he was playing with the Killawatts too, before he was hanging out with Tommy Lee trying to get into Methods of Mayhem.

I just met Bruce Naumann from HA a couple weeks ago. They're talking about maybe putting the old band together for a few shows. He said that he quit when it was time to start devoting time to the family, but now that the kids are gone, "it's maybe time to start rockin' again!!"

Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
                          I love the Hericane Alice cd. Strong record from start to finish. Too bad they never got further, but it seems like alot of the great bands went unappreciated:

Hericane Alice
                          Warrior
                          Malice
                          King Kobra
                          Rough Cutt
                          Cold Sweat

etc.
                          Totally agree with you. I think a lot of good bands were overlooked when the market just got SUPER SATURATED with a bunch of bands that looked a lot alike. Still though, there were (and are) better musicians in a lot of these overlooked bands than some of the REALLY BIG NAMES out there right now. Kinda sad...

Comment

• Yep, that is my point. Show me who's better than Mark Free out there, or Paul Shortino for that matter. Even Rory Cathy was a great singer in Cold Sweat. Some really talented songwriters, singers, and guitarists were overlooked for one reason or another.

Comment

• Can't believe Skid Row hasn't been listed yet.

Little Caesar is another obscure late 80's/early 90's band. I couldn't get into them, but still have their s/t CD.

Has Fastway been mentioned yet? The Trick or Treat soundtrack is still one of my favorites!

Comment

• seriously? Shit man. Skid row are awesome!! Quicksand jesus was one hell of a tune

Has anyone mentioned bon jovi yet either?
                                Last edited by sonicsamurai; 07-13-2008, 02:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X