This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
    Yeah, Victory are excellent. I discovered them last year thanks to Pandora.com (which is now prohibited in the UK - cunts!), and had never even heard of them beforehand.
    Why is it blocked? Were you posting pics of wilkinsi in a kindergarten smeared in child's poo?

Comment

• No, those pics are for our own private entertainment, right Wilksy-baby? Fwappity-fwappity-fwap-fwap.

Pandora.com is blocked by the powers-that-be because of "licence issues". I'm sure that's the excuse Google uses in China. Bastards, as I said in another thread, their loss, last year every CD I bought was down to Pandora.com, including Victory's "Fuel to the Fire". (I not long ago found that this LP was re-recordings of earlier Victory tracks, so maybe the original stuff was poo, but the LP I bought was blinding. Recommended)

Back to the thread:

Waysted? (I particularly liked the stuff with Fin on vocals)

Anyone remember a band called Cities? LP called "Annihilation Absolute"? (More of a speed metal band really, but very 1980s.)

How about a band called Chateaux? "Chained and Desperate" was pretty good - had that fat bastard who made a prick of himself in Grim Reaper, Beavis & Butthead took the piss out of him, and rightly so. The follow up, "Firepower" was miles better.

Special mention to Witchfinder General. Not for the music (very so-so) but for the LP covers. Joanne Latham, I still love you, please please answer my letters and I'll stop sending you polaroids of my knob. Just marry me and let my tortured soul rest. In between your perfect tits.
      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

• Originally posted by Newc View Post
        And didn't David Chastain....excuse me...David T. Chastain (Yngwie reference ) play for Tygers Of Pan Tang? Wasn't the chick who sang for them called Pantera?

Nah, I think that was the chick in Thor's band, and she had the most ENORMOUS tits. I swear when Thor blew up a hot water bottle till it burst, her tits inflated too. Then my nuts burst. She may possibly have been his wife (even though he was obviously "playing from the pavillion end")
        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

• How bout New England or Contraband.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
            No, those pics are for our own private entertainment, right Wilksy-baby? Fwappity-fwappity-fwap-fwap.

Pandora.com is blocked by the powers-that-be because of "licence issues". I'm sure that's the excuse Google uses in China. Bastards, as I said in another thread, their loss, last year every CD I bought was down to Pandora.com, including Victory's "Fuel to the Fire". (I not long ago found that this LP was re-recordings of earlier Victory tracks, so maybe the original stuff was poo, but the LP I bought was blinding. Recommended)

Back to the thread:

Waysted? (I particularly liked the stuff with Fin on vocals)

Anyone remember a band called Cities? LP called "Annihilation Absolute"? (More of a speed metal band really, but very 1980s.)

How about a band called Chateaux? "Chained and Desperate" was pretty good - had that fat bastard who made a prick of himself in Grim Reaper, Beavis & Butthead took the piss out of him, and rightly so. The follow up, "Firepower" was miles better.

Special mention to Witchfinder General. Not for the music (very so-so) but for the LP covers. Joanne Latham, I still love you, please please answer my letters and I'll stop sending you polaroids of my knob. Just marry me and let my tortured soul rest. In between your perfect tits.
            Holy Crap.
            Joanne Latham AND a cool album. Thanks!
            I am buying up some Witchfinder General now. Just checked their samples.
            It remided me of Black Sabbath meets Adam Ant. No technical playing or anything, just cool to hear something I hadn't. Witchfinder General. Nice!

I thought Big cock was pretty good too that Ralph posted. I haven't been though too many more posted yet, but I will.
            When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
              I love the Hericane Alice cd. Strong record from start to finish. Too bad they never got further, but it seems like alot of the great bands went unappreciated:

Hericane Alice
              Warrior
              Malice
              King Kobra
              Rough Cutt
              Cold Sweat

etc.
              Great thread

My buds and I cruised all the time with Ready to Strike and Rough Cutt on a cassette just flipping it over all night.

I actually liked Slave Raider. Not one of the greats, but...

Ian Mayo (a little trivia, he is from that Mayo family, the ones who started the world famous clinic) is an acquaintance so I got to hear the demos of the second HA album that never came out. It was even better than the first and I loved the first. They also did a song or two the second time they came through Minneapolis. They were victim of timing and we were robbed.

Comment

• I heard some of the Hericane Alice demos as well and they were amazing.

i wish they'd at least get together and do the record for all us fans. These days it doesn't take that much money to do it. I would kill to get my hands on that, or any live footage of them back in the day...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
                  I heard some of the Hericane Alice demos as well and they were amazing.

i wish they'd at least get together and do the record for all us fans. These days it doesn't take that much money to do it. I would kill to get my hands on that, or any live footage of them back in the day...
                  If I happen to catch Bruce out & about, I'll say something to him. Speaking of HA, I used to have Ian's black BC Rich Explorer bass. I got it from Dan Greenberg, who was the guy who laid down the bass recordings for the Bangalore Choir cd. Tom (charvelguy) has it now.

Comment

• Originally posted by bsteff666 View Post
                    Great call as usual Brian. I used to love Jimmy Bleacher's vocals.
                    Ring my Bell is great, I like the whole album they did. Blues man, it's essential for a truly good song for many reasons.
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• anyone like the sea hags? they had a song called half the way valley. singer was lefty and played a les paul. still looks weird as hell.

i also loved the first two junkyard records.

sully
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

• Originally posted by sully View Post
                        anyone like the sea hags? they had a song called half the way valley. singer was lefty and played a les paul. still looks weird as hell.

i also loved the first two junkyard records.

sully
                        I think I have the Seahags on tape somewhere... Junkyard was fun. "Hollywood" had a really cool vibe.

Comment

• yeah, but you can't go wrong with "hands off!" here's my favorite part:

well i remember the time,
                          well, let me refreshen your mind,
                          you told me "david, i...i think it...i think it's time i had my own space"
                          so didn't i try to be the understanding man of the 80s, kind of a woody allen character about the whole scene? i said "baby, that's cool, i understand. i'll pack my bags and get outta your face."

and for three days on end,
                          she was in bed with my best friend.
                          ....discussing a little problem.

she cried, she said "david, we didn't really do anything and he's a really understanding gue guy and he really just listens" and i said,
                          "baby! you gave him heaaaaad!"

that song rules.
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

• Originally posted by Franx View Post
                            Yesss !

Does anybody remember The Tygers of Pan Tang ?
                            Or The Santers ?
                            The Tygers of Pan Tang albums "Spellbound" and "Crazy Night" are two of the best NWOBHM albums ever!!.. BUT!!, the album that followed these two "The Cage" is one of the biggest pieces of Pussy Ass rock ever!!...It was like.."What the F*ck happened"?!!
                            When John Sykes left after "Crazy Nights", they turned to Sh*t!!!

Comment

• Sykes said something along the lines of "Crazy Nights is the worst thing I've had my name on."

I don't think it's that bad, but Spellbound is much better.

Comment

• The Cycle Sluts from Hell. Yes they did exist.
                                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                                X