• Show
Clear All

• yep.... loved "i wish you were a beer"
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

• Wow, some killer stuff in this thread!!!

A few from my collection that I didn't notice so far (forgive me if they were mentioned and I missed them):

Dogs D'Amour
      Kings of the Sun
      Shark Island
      Sweet FA
      Trouble
      Thunder
      Headpins
      Coney Hatch
      Smack
      Rhino Bucket
      Shy England
      The Four Horsemen
      Mama's Boys
      D'Molls

Comment

• Hmmm, Kings Of The Sun, never heard of them. I was in L.A. in '91 and went to the Shark Club to see a Rhoads Tribute show. Probably the coolest show I was ever at. Demartini, Lynch, Dweezil, Carmine Appice, Rudy Sarzo, Steve Lukather etc. were all there doing Rhoads era Ozzy stuff. Also, there were a few bands that showed up and did some own stuff. Impellitteri, Bangaloir Chior, Nightranger (3 piece version), and there was a band called "Sun King" that did some great original stuff and they said they were working on a record. Of course, that was December of '91 and we all know what happened next...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rupe View Post
          Wow, some killer stuff in this thread!!!

A few from my collection that I didn't notice so far (forgive me if they were mentioned and I missed them):

Mama's Boys

Rupe, great call on Mama's Boys, I've got their greatest hits cd that I still listen to now and then and still have a t-shirt signed by the original trio of the McManus brothers from a Boston show in the mid-80s.

Pat was underated as a guitarist, some really good riffs on their tunes.
          Jackson KV2
          Jackson KE1T
          Jackson KE1F
          Jackson SL1

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
            Hmmm, Kings Of The Sun, never heard of them.
            I believe they were from Australia. The album I have is from '90 and is called "Full Frontal Attack" on BMI. The single that saw some air time was "Drop the Gun".

I found a few Youtube clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Prlg4...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC_Lt...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0TQ_...eature=related

Comment

• Originally posted by Rupe View Post
              Wow, some killer stuff in this thread!!!

Dogs D'Amour
              i had the dynamite jet saloon when it came out and really dug it. i think that "billy two rivers" was my favorite.
              Originally posted by Rupe View Post
              D'Molls
              oh hell yes, sir! from my hometown of chicago! the guitar player was also in diamond rexx (which i'm assuming was mentioned earlier). i loved their two records dearly.

sully
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

• About Lillian Axe...
                Originally posted by sully View Post
                bought the first record because robbin produced it. loved dream of a lifetime. kinda lost interest after the first record, but that first one was really solid.
                Pick up Psychoschizophrenia, it was a complete revival for me. I went and grabbed as much as the back catalog as I could find. (for under $30, some jerk-off had one of LA's albums for like $150)

Good to see Westworld mentioned here. I absolutely love those albums. I had a chance to talk to John C. Riley durin a Trans Siberian Orchestra tour and asked him if there were any more Westworld albums in the works, sadly he deferred the question to Tony Harnell... Which, I have not met yet. But on the Harnell tip... Pick up Starbreaker!

Haven't read through the entire thread yet, but it's possible that Saigon Kick was mentioned... After SK, Jason Bieler formed a cool band with Pat Badger of Extreme called Super TransAtlantic. Their album "Shuttlecock" was absolutely killer!!!
                Occupy JCF

Comment

• Regarding TNT...
                  Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                  Have you heard their "My Religion" cd? Probably one of their best yet. I haven't heard the one with Tony Mills from Shy though.
                  Haven't heard anything with Tony Mills (great last name ) but I've gotta say, I'm actually more partial to their "Transistor" CD, that had some killer songs on it.
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

Ah, Y&T. Great band.

But do you remember them as Yesterday & Today? I do.

I bought (and still have somewhere) a Yesterday & Today album from Drug Fair around 1976-1977.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...0/meniketti-20
                    Am I a bad person if I just got into Y&T for the "Contagious" album??
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

• I've been listening to John Norum's first two. 1987's "Total Control", then "Face the truth"..I always thought of him as link between Gary Moore and Yngwie. I prefer his cover of Vinnie Vincent's "Back on the streets".. great player!
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tekky View Post
                        Am I a bad person if I just got into Y&T for the "Contagious" album??
                        well, if that throws you in the bad guy boat, know that you're not rowing alone.

sully
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I have about 2500 cd's, basically all of them are 80's style hard rock, hair metal, etc. On occasion I stray off the reservation and dig stuff like King Diamond, Rawhead Rexx, Kid Rock (particularly Devil Without A Cause).

I just can't get past cookie monster vocals, Green Day vocals, and lack of melody (by my definition anyway). For better or worse, I like what I like and i'm very passionate about it.
                          ((( Its tough to get past King Diamond Vocals! :ROTF:

Comment

The Burning Rain stuff is great too with Aldrich...

http://www.myspace.com/burningrainofficialnet
                            Smooth Locomotion! Outstanding riff

Comment

• what this really proves. is that there were 200 GREAT Bands in the 80's..
                              and today there are only about 20 ...... "We Win! (old fart bragging)

Comment

• Shotgun Messiah-Harry K Cody made it look so cool
                                LA Guns-Yes, Tracii is in full cock-rock mode
                                Guns N' Roses-'nuff said
                                Britny Fox-great scream out loud songs, though NOT the best looking
                                Lynch Mob-I agree 100%, very UNDERrated
                                Badlands-Jake E Lee was reaching out to new areas
                                Aldo Nova-started all the air guitar concerts for me!

Comment

Working...
                                X