This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jacksoncsplayer View Post
    That's cool, I never heard them as Yesterday and Today that I can remember, I'm going to give it a whirl.

Scott, there's something about an old beat up les paul that just says fuckin play me! I regret getting rid of the few i've had. That one looks well loved.
    If I remember correctly, "Yesterday And Today" was supposed to be a reference to The Rolling Stones. At least that's how it was explained to me, many many moons ago.
    I'm not Ron!

Comment

• Originally posted by horns666 View Post
      I've been listening to John Norum's first two. 1987's "Total Control", then "Face the truth"..I always thought of him as link between Gary Moore and Yngwie. I prefer his cover of Vinnie Vincent's "Back on the streets".. great player!

I agree. Norum's cover is much better, IMO. Just saw the vid, again, for the first time in YEARS, a little while ago.
      I'm not Ron!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tekky View Post
        Am I a bad person if I just got into Y&T for the "Contagious" album??
        Great cd!! I also want to get "DOwn for the Count".

Comment

• Originally posted by Tekky View Post
          About Lillian Axe...

Pick up Psychoschizophrenia, it was a complete revival for me. I went and grabbed as much as the back catalog as I could find.

Haven't read through the entire thread yet, but it's possible that Saigon Kick was mentioned... After SK, Jason Bieler formed a cool band with Pat Badger of Extreme called Super TransAtlantic. Their album "Shuttlecock" was absolutely killer!!!
          I have the whole Lillian library as well - even their new one is good. I got a couple of their side projects as well - Near Life Experience, and The Bridge. Neither touch LA in terms of content, but still cool.

I have Super TransAtlantic - it's "poppy", but not bad. One of the guys on it was in another band that Beiler produced and wrote with called "Crushdown", which wasn't bad either, but not an 80's glam outfit.

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
          Regarding TNT...

Haven't heard anything with Tony Mills (great last name ) but I've gotta say, I'm actually more partial to their "Transistor" CD, that had some killer songs on it.
          I wasn't a fan of Transistor - again, a Ronni experimental album - not the usual TNT stuff. I will pick up the new one with Tony Mills though...someday.

Originally posted by sixx_ gunner View Post
          Britny Fox-great scream out loud songs, though NOT the best looking
          Bite Down Hard was their best album without question, but it's the one nobody bought. Tommy was a better singer/frontman than Dean could've ever hoped to be. A very solid rocker front to back.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
            Bite Down Hard was their best album without question, but it's the one nobody bought. Tommy was a better singer/frontman than Dean could've ever hoped to be. A very solid rocker front to back.
            +1

Zakk has a solo (I think it's the tag) on Six Guns Loaded off that album.

I saw them live at Hammerjacks back in the day and they were great. Very tight and Tommy Paris was a GREAT singer live.

Comment

• While putzing around on my amp, and just playing riffs, another great band hit me that I don't think I've seen anyone mention: London. I used to play the shit out of their tape, back in "The Day". Then, I started thinking about all those bands from Decline Of The Western Civilization II: The Metal Years, and, of course, Gazarri's voice pops into my head: "Odin! Odin! Odin!...." hehe Priceless.....
              I'm not Ron!

Comment

• Kings of the Sun...my mom stole/borrowed that tape from me.

She still has it and listens to it to this day. Serpentine was a killer tune.

I also thought Britny Fox with Tommy was very solid. I like all their albums, but I agree Bite Down hard was their best one, with Boys In Heat a close second.

Comment

• Originally posted by Racerx2k View Post
                  While putzing around on my amp, and just playing riffs, another great band hit me that I don't think I've seen anyone mention: London. I used to play the shit out of their tape, back in "The Day". Then, I started thinking about all those bands from Decline Of The Western Civilization II: The Metal Years, and, of course, Gazarri's voice pops into my head: "Odin! Odin! Odin!...." hehe Priceless.....
                  i used to play that london cassette alot myself. drop the bomb was a cool song.

sully
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

• Did you only have the one tape shared between you then? That's probably why they never made it big. I think I'm down to get it on the 14th November 2010. Can't wait. :ROTF:
                    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

• Originally posted by Racerx2k View Post
                      While putzing around on my amp, and just playing riffs, another great band hit me that I don't think I've seen anyone mention: London. I used to play the shit out of their tape, back in "The Day". Then, I started thinking about all those bands from Decline Of The Western Civilization II: The Metal Years, and, of course, Gazarri's voice pops into my head: "Odin! Odin! Odin!...." hehe Priceless.....

DOWC2 was a great flic. I have Spider & Snakes, which was Lizzy's post-London outfit. Meh...

Comment

• Odin...

I have a cd from them around here somewhere. It sucks if I remember right.

If we're gonna start talking sunset strip bands, who remembers:

Wild Boyz
                        Wanted
                        Jade
                        Lancia
                        Lixx Array

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
                          Odin...

I have a cd from them around here somewhere. It sucks if I remember right.
                          Me too! Horrible, but entertaining!! If you liked them at all, check out the Lost Boys, which is pretty much Odin with a different name. Jeff Duncan was a pretty decent guitar player though. He worked out well in "the new" Armored Saint.

Comment

• Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                            Sykes said something along the lines of "Crazy Nights is the worst thing I've had my name on."

I don't think it's that bad, but Spellbound is much better.
                            Have you even heard "Crazy Nights"?!,.."Spellbound" is a good album but "Crazy Nights" blows it away!! The best album Tygers ever did!

Comment

• How about Saraya and Femme Fatale

Comment

• Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                                How about Saraya and Femme Fatale
                                Having had (and still having) both, I thought they were both pretty weak & contrived. Had it not been for the female front-babes, I don't think either had much to offer. But they were HOT. Lorraine Lewis would've been fun to party with! She was always "waiting for the big one"...

Comment

Working...
                                X