X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• atomic charvel guy
    replied
    Originally posted by bsteff666 View Post
    Great call as usual Brian. I used to love Jimmy Bleacher's vocals.
    Ring my Bell is great, I like the whole album they did. Blues man, it's essential for a truly good song for many reasons.

Leave a comment:

• chrisolson
    replied
    Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
    I heard some of the Hericane Alice demos as well and they were amazing.

i wish they'd at least get together and do the record for all us fans. These days it doesn't take that much money to do it. I would kill to get my hands on that, or any live footage of them back in the day...
    If I happen to catch Bruce out & about, I'll say something to him. Speaking of HA, I used to have Ian's black BC Rich Explorer bass. I got it from Dan Greenberg, who was the guy who laid down the bass recordings for the Bangalore Choir cd. Tom (charvelguy) has it now.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph E.
    replied
    I heard some of the Hericane Alice demos as well and they were amazing.

i wish they'd at least get together and do the record for all us fans. These days it doesn't take that much money to do it. I would kill to get my hands on that, or any live footage of them back in the day...

Leave a comment:

• Bri
    replied
    Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
    I love the Hericane Alice cd. Strong record from start to finish. Too bad they never got further, but it seems like alot of the great bands went unappreciated:

Hericane Alice
    Warrior
    Malice
    King Kobra
    Rough Cutt
    Cold Sweat

etc.
    Great thread

My buds and I cruised all the time with Ready to Strike and Rough Cutt on a cassette just flipping it over all night.

I actually liked Slave Raider. Not one of the greats, but...

Ian Mayo (a little trivia, he is from that Mayo family, the ones who started the world famous clinic) is an acquaintance so I got to hear the demos of the second HA album that never came out. It was even better than the first and I loved the first. They also did a song or two the second time they came through Minneapolis. They were victim of timing and we were robbed.

Leave a comment:

• 442w30
    replied
    Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
    No, those pics are for our own private entertainment, right Wilksy-baby? Fwappity-fwappity-fwap-fwap.

Pandora.com is blocked by the powers-that-be because of "licence issues". I'm sure that's the excuse Google uses in China. Bastards, as I said in another thread, their loss, last year every CD I bought was down to Pandora.com, including Victory's "Fuel to the Fire". (I not long ago found that this LP was re-recordings of earlier Victory tracks, so maybe the original stuff was poo, but the LP I bought was blinding. Recommended)

Back to the thread:

Waysted? (I particularly liked the stuff with Fin on vocals)

Anyone remember a band called Cities? LP called "Annihilation Absolute"? (More of a speed metal band really, but very 1980s.)

How about a band called Chateaux? "Chained and Desperate" was pretty good - had that fat bastard who made a prick of himself in Grim Reaper, Beavis & Butthead took the piss out of him, and rightly so. The follow up, "Firepower" was miles better.

Special mention to Witchfinder General. Not for the music (very so-so) but for the LP covers. Joanne Latham, I still love you, please please answer my letters and I'll stop sending you polaroids of my knob. Just marry me and let my tortured soul rest. In between your perfect tits.
    Holy Crap.
    Joanne Latham AND a cool album. Thanks!
    I am buying up some Witchfinder General now. Just checked their samples.
    It remided me of Black Sabbath meets Adam Ant. No technical playing or anything, just cool to hear something I hadn't. Witchfinder General. Nice!

I thought Big cock was pretty good too that Ralph posted. I haven't been though too many more posted yet, but I will.

Leave a comment:

• jacksoncsplayer
    replied
    How bout New England or Contraband.

Leave a comment:

• Rsmacker
    replied
    Originally posted by Newc View Post
    And didn't David Chastain....excuse me...David T. Chastain (Yngwie reference ) play for Tygers Of Pan Tang? Wasn't the chick who sang for them called Pantera?

Nah, I think that was the chick in Thor's band, and she had the most ENORMOUS tits. I swear when Thor blew up a hot water bottle till it burst, her tits inflated too. Then my nuts burst. She may possibly have been his wife (even though he was obviously "playing from the pavillion end")

Leave a comment:

• Rsmacker
    replied
    No, those pics are for our own private entertainment, right Wilksy-baby? Fwappity-fwappity-fwap-fwap.

Pandora.com is blocked by the powers-that-be because of "licence issues". I'm sure that's the excuse Google uses in China. Bastards, as I said in another thread, their loss, last year every CD I bought was down to Pandora.com, including Victory's "Fuel to the Fire". (I not long ago found that this LP was re-recordings of earlier Victory tracks, so maybe the original stuff was poo, but the LP I bought was blinding. Recommended)

Back to the thread:

Waysted? (I particularly liked the stuff with Fin on vocals)

Anyone remember a band called Cities? LP called "Annihilation Absolute"? (More of a speed metal band really, but very 1980s.)

How about a band called Chateaux? "Chained and Desperate" was pretty good - had that fat bastard who made a prick of himself in Grim Reaper, Beavis & Butthead took the piss out of him, and rightly so. The follow up, "Firepower" was miles better.

Special mention to Witchfinder General. Not for the music (very so-so) but for the LP covers. Joanne Latham, I still love you, please please answer my letters and I'll stop sending you polaroids of my knob. Just marry me and let my tortured soul rest. In between your perfect tits.

Leave a comment:

• sonicsamurai
    replied
    Yeah, Victory are excellent. I discovered them last year thanks to Pandora.com (which is now prohibited in the UK - cunts!), and had never even heard of them beforehand.
    Why is it blocked? Were you posting pics of wilkinsi in a kindergarten smeared in child's poo?

Leave a comment:

• KevinDguitar
    replied
    Thunder is a GREAT band and they're still out there and putting out new stuff!

Leave a comment:

• Rsmacker
    replied
    Yeah, Victory are excellent. I discovered them last year thanks to Pandora.com (which is now prohibited in the UK - cunts!), and had never even heard of them beforehand.

Leave a comment:

• 442w30
    replied
    Anyone mention Victory (German) or Contraband?

Neither were incredible, but when they pop up on the old ipod, it's kind of nice.

Leave a comment:

• Razor
    replied
    Originally posted by Racerx2k View Post
    Fastway was great. Love the Trick Or Treat soundtrack, too. I remember watching that movie and thinking how badass Sammy Curr looked. Now that I'm older, I tend to laugh more, through the movie, than anything.
    Me too!

Also, I may have missed Thunder being mentioned. I thought "Backstreet Symphony" was a kick ass album.

Leave a comment:

• toejam
    replied
    And whatever happened to Inge Lorre from The Nymphs, who apparently pissed on David Geffen's desk?

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/ - that's a great site for all this shite!
    Apparently they're together again. http://www.myspace.com/thenymphsrock

I've got their CD in my collection somewhere, and I saw them open up for Bruce Dickinson on the Accident of Birth tour.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nymphs

Leave a comment:

• Racerx2k
    replied
    Currently pushing up daisies. Died Sept 18th last year, pancreatic cancer.
    Well then, I guess we will not be getting any more updates about him, then........

Leave a comment:

Working...
X