Metallica - St. Anger Song - Radio Release Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Metallica - St. Anger Song - Radio Release Today

Jutice needs more bass, no matter who you ask. It sound like someone ran it through an EQ and cut everything below 100Hz.

St. Anger... production kinda blows in parts. The douchebag that came up with that bass drum and tom sound should be beaten (Bob Rock). Snare doesn't bug me, there's much worse. The album version posted here is a lot more cohesive than the video version, that's for sure. The mix overall blows... where the hell's the bass??!? Don't give me that crap about how I'm listening on computer speakers either. I highly doubt that just this one particular song sounds like ass because of my speakers. Everything else sounds fine, why doesn't this? Simple answer, the mix blows. I like the song, and I'm looking forward to the rest of the album.

Saying that this doesn't sound like Master of Puppets or Justice is a dumbass thing to do. OF COURSE IT DOESN'T! How many bands have put out even ONE album of that caliber? Metallica can claim to have put out at least three of the greatest metal albums EVER. How the hell are they going to compete with themselves 20 years later? Don't look for them to try and redo past glories, they never have and never will. Just go with it, dammit! Either you like their albums or you don't, there's no point in getting so damn touchy about it.

Comment

I don`t expect Metallica to outdue the first 3 albums, just close or even better than ST. Anger and as for me being a big Slayer fan, I am but I love Metallica, a ton actually, I just don`t listen to anything past Justice, which I have learned to really like, and try not to think of the lack of Bass, the guitars are killer on that album, but it could have used a little of the Cliff Burton magic [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Yers, I am a diehard first 4 albums of Mettalica fan to the core, I just get dissapointed when they come out with crap!! That beeing said, I hated the album of Slayer`s before God Hates Us All, they tried to go Punk or something and it sucked, there I am fair and balanced [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Jack. Jack.

Comment

Mmm'kay... I just listened to this steaming pile.

...and I really thought they couldn't get any lower than covering Turn the Page. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Everything's already been said about the production, but better production wouldn't do a damned thing for those songs. This crew really needs to retire and spend their remaining days playing bingo and listening to polkas somewhere in Florida.
        This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

After a few more listens...

Bob Rock should be covered in honey and tied to an anthill for the production though. And whoever mixed it needs to suffer the same. Think about how it would sound if the guitars were a bit louder, not panned as hard. Dump the vocals down a bit, make the bass stand out, make the drums not sound like ass (I kinda like the snare. A bit too much ring, but the tone itself is fine), get rid of the stupid vocals in the background during the pre-chorus (Flush it out? WTF?), make the bloody guitars PRESENT in the chorus...

Basically, this is a killer song completely f**ked up by dips**t production.

Comment

Amen Black Mariah! I couldnt have said it better myself. I do agree that in a usual listening setting, Justics lacks low end girth, however, listen to it on a Blaring system with HUGE Subwoofers and man, It just doesnt get much more brutal. The kick drum and the palm mutes are all that is creating the bass frequencies, and it sounds awesome. Now, put the Black album on the same system and the bass mudds up the whole mix, and you can't hear the guitars very well, but then it sounds great on a standard CD player.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry:
                I knew that was coming... what is it, carot? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] with one R? i forgot... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">CARAT

And I don't know which thread the most-read St.Anger thread is but I'll link my opinion here -->
                http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...314;p=1#000010

Comment

Better production would do EVERYTHING for it.

Comment

Ok here is what I think:
                    ST. Anger the song SUCKS.
                    Master of Puppets, Justice, Ride the Lightning and Kill Em All will never be duplicated.
                    These were just brutal work of art even if the production were not that good.
                    No band will ever be able to "GO BACK TO THEIR ROOTS". Megadeth tried to do it with "TWNAH" and they failed. It can't be done.
                    Thrash is dead.

Comment

Well, here I am at 3:30AM trying to sift through all the bogus St. Anger tunes available for download. So far I have a real copy of Frantic and the production is just as horrible. The drums, especially the snare, sound like something you'd bang on at Toys R Us. Even the guitar sound is horrible. This one might have actually been a decent tune with some quality production. As delivered, it's very mediocre. Geez, even the production on the vocals suck.

By the way, also downloading the new Anthrax and it smokes Metallica HARD!

Comment

Got a real copy of My World now. OMFG!!!! is this one terrible. Even worse production with vocals totally out of tune with the song. Good riff, terrible vocals, terrible drums, pathetic production.

Anyone who actually spends money on this pile of crap is going to be really pissed off. Honestly, Reload was much better.

June 5, 2003: The World Officially Pronounced Metallica as DEAD!!!

Comment

Just got the real Purify......... same thing as above. Somebody shoot Bob Rock NOW!, pathetic production, boring repetition, no solo, terrible vocals, Toys R Us drums.

Comment

Just got Sweet Amber..... a new LOW! You guys won't believe the chorus on this song it's so bad. I sware this CD sounds like is was recorded on a cassette tape recorder in someones basement. I could get a better guitar sound out of a Hondo through a Peavey Rage practice amp.

Somebody give James a bottle of booze, he can't write anything decent sober.

Comment

Just got Some Kind of Monster which was supposed to be the strongest song on the CD. Pretty much the same as the rest. I give up, going to bed, really, really disappointed. Everyone, save your money, this one blows.

Comment

Ehh... I just DL'ed the St Anger video. They shot a lot of it in and around San Quentin. The inmates in that video look like they could eat the wimpy band of skinny old whiners that are playing for them in a heartbeat. When Johhny Cash played prisons, there was a real feeling of honesty. When Metallica plays prisons, there is a real sense of exploitation of the men behind bars.

Rob Trujillo is the only one in that band that looks like they could make it back to their table without someone stealing their orange juice in a high school cafeteria, let alone hang around San Quentin.
                                [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X