Metallica - St. Anger Song - Radio Release Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Metallica - St. Anger Song - Radio Release Today

Justice can't touch the first three? Really? Man Justice has terrible production but I love that album.
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

justice is godly mate, leaves the rest in its wake imo [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
      cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo:
        Justice can't touch the first three? Really? Man Justice has terrible production but I love that album.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, Justice was a great album songwise, but the bass drums sounded like typewriter clicking, Jason's low-end bass frequencies got eaten up by James' scooped guitar sound. I guess Jason didn't have a midrange control on his amp and Fleming Rasmussen fell asleep at the board? [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I..... actually really like it. At first I was like "WTF is this?" But after hearing it blaring through my radio while barreling down the highway, Its really grown on me. Really, Metallica took the concept of "production" to its metal threshold with the black album, and I think its a ballsy, very 'tallica move to make an album that sounds like you are INSIDE a 10x15 jam space with Metallica blaring. Thats what it sounds like to me. You cant expect 40 year old guys to do the same **** over and over. But I guess since its dowtuned (oh my god [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img] ) and isnt all "sparkly" def leppard production, it must suk like everyone is saying [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] . All I know is that I like it, and I dont mind how it sounds, this album sounds like the middle finger to every overly-critical ass who made a big deal out of the last 3 albums, and how they should have kept the old sound as if that is something a musician can just turn on and off. [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Comment

The reason I don't like is not because of the production, the song is stupid. I could write soemthing like that easily, and I suck. I mean come on, lets just see how many dropped power chords we can play over and over. The song its self is retarded. It doesn't matter if Metallica wrote it a good band like Nevermore wrote it, I hate the song for the song itself.

Comment

What happened to their writing? It used to be technical, and i think thats why we all loved them, cause they were good at writing technical music. But Dave is right, this is bull**** compared to what they could have put out...

Comment

Well Bob Rock said it was "time to do something new!" So what they did was just improvised, came up with 20 riffs, slapped em together, and wrote lyrics without thinking about them like they do normally. *check www.metallica.com, they really say that in one of the videos* And again, Bob Rock assists in ruining another.

But anyway, ya the new album is probably gonna be anything BUT technical. There's some good songs on there though [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Invisible Kid, Frantic, and a few others sound promising ^.^

Ya though, St. Anger *the song* really does suck o.O I donno who said it, but i really don't think it should be their single.

Comment

They didn't think about the songs and how they are put together!?!?!? What the crap!?!? That just proves they don't give two ****s about anything they put out as long as people buy the crap. If that is true than they obviously don't care about anything musical as long as they get money. They say they were going back to their roots.....roots doesn't mean a crappy production, it means the songwriting. I don't really care if they sold out or whatever people say. It is their music and they can do what they want. I don't expect people to play the same thing over and over. But in the same respect I have a right to say this new stuff is complete crap.

EDIT:
                  seeing where they said they come up with 20 riffs...thats it!? Holy crap! You might be able to make an Opeth song out of 20 riffs! lol. Maybe one and a half!

[ June 03, 2003, 05:24 PM: Message edited by: Disco Dave ]

Comment

Originally posted by Disco Dave:
                    EDIT:
                    seeing where they said they come up with 20 riffs...thats it!? Holy crap! You might be able to make an Opeth song out of 20 riffs! lol. Maybe one and a half!
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hell, the Justice album had like about 20 riffs in every song! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I kinda like Justice, but it neads more Bass, Bass guitar and Bass Drum, the guitar parts are great, but a nice mix would make it better. Jack.

Comment

Sometime in the near future (a year or so i think) they are supposed to be putting out a remastered justice, with bass and everything on one of those 24 carrot gold cds, like they did with one of the other albums, i think it was master of puppets? i forget, but they will be putting out that one and i think 2 other ones. I read it on encycmet a while back, its probly in the news history somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry:
                          everything on one of those 24 carrot gold cds,
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah everybody needs more vegetables! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I knew that was coming... what is it, carot? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] with one R? i forgot... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I received their newsletter and they're going to release St. Anger in June 5th, instead of the 10th. That's kinda cool. Most bands would release their records later than they say.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer:
                                I kinda like Justice, but it neads more Bass, Bass guitar and Bass Drum, the guitar parts are great, but a nice mix would make it better. Jack.
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Kinda? Man as a Metallica fan I love justice. I also love Kill, Ride and Master but Justice is brutal IMO. Then again you are a dead skin mask fan and I am not sure how much of a metallica fan you are
                                I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                                So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                                X