Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Metallica - St. Anger Song - Radio Release Today

I don't care for the new song at all.

Who exactly is this Metallica? Bob Rock plays bass on the album, Lar$ doesn't play many of the drum tracks and Kirk doesn't play any solos. The remaining elements of Metallica spend their time trying to "chase trends" as suggested above. No thanks.

Comment

Once again...why do you people assume that Lars can't friggin play anymore? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

http://www.cliff-god.com/

That site has links to the Fillmore performances of 2 new Metallica songs, Frantic and St. Anger. In my opinion, Frantic is WAY better than St. Anger. And you can listen to Lars' drumming and see if he can do it or not anymore.

Comment

Well there's a first time for everything... And i've done my 1st... no wait, 2nd double post.

[ May 29, 2003, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: Kamo ]

Comment

Yep, I like Frantic even more now that i've heard it lol. *hides*

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarzan:
              Once again...why do you people assume that Lars can't friggin play anymore? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, I remember someone here saying that someone ran into Anton Fig coming out of a studio and asked what he was doing there. His response was he was laying down tracks for Metallica. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Who knows? I still believe Lars can play like that.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It's been stated in interviews with other bands that lars's drums are very pro tooled. I know Nikki sixx and Tommy Lee have both said that publicly and I think they would know more than most considering they were on the same label for 15 years and Bob rock produced feelgood and mc94.
                I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

I have to say, as much as I don't care for Lars and his drumming, I do think he can do what I've heard so far. Crap if a guy the size of Gene Hoglan can move as fast as he does, a wiry little twerp like Lars should have the physical ability. Besides it's not like Anton is some drum God. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I downloaded a bunch of "Metallica" St .Anger songs over the past few days and only one was a real Metallica song and that was some clip from one of the fan cans. I am downloading St.Anger now from the link given above. I can't wait to hear a clean version.

Comment

To Pro fusion, Bigdaddy,Brian and Warriorx7 [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

It is not uncommon for other musicians to "assist" on an album. It would not be hard to believe that guest drummers and pro tools are used for the drums. That does not mean that Lars isn't playing, but he might not be playing on all of it. Their were guest guitarists on many of Aerosmiths biggest albums (and they can play,) and on many Kiss albums as well. It is quite possible that Lars doesn't play as much or with the passion that he did when he started out...that would effect his ability to play some parts. Don't be so surprised.

Comment

Why shouldn't Lars be able to play some simple double bass drumming. It's plain stupid to think otherwise. It's not like it's some intricate Pantera style drumming.
                          Lars is a great drummer, and eventhough he hasn't used double bass much after AJFA it doesn't meen he can't do it anymore.
                          I'm a guitarist and I can even play the drums on St. Anger. It's not that difficult.
                          If Lars wasn't able to play that he would have been dumped 10 years ago.
                          Remember it's just drums, not rocket science.

Comment

In a nutshell, this is it - if you like nu-metal (which you are entitled to), you will like this album. This album was made entirely to garner more fans of this type of "music" because, for Metallica anymore, this is a business ONLY! They obviously could give a damn about their loyal old school fans! They are merely putting this crap out to sell more albums to the newer generation of nu-metal kiddies (sorry if you like nu-metal and I offended you - I am 36, and I hate the sh!t with a passion!) People tell me to be more open-minded about my musical preference, but why should I? I guess I am too stubborn to be brainwashed into liking trendy music when I can see through the media hype, fake anger and talentless BS. Sorry, I ain't buyin' it...

If you doubt the theory I presented earlier, take a quick look at the lineup on the Summer Sanitarium tour. I smell a cash cow lurking...

All I can think of is - what a waste of a once great band. But, luckily, there are many others to fill that void, one being ICED EARTH. They are the new Metallica for me...

(need help getting down from soapbox...)

Comment

Do you honestly believe that Metallica needs more money than they already have?

Metallica plays whatever they wanna play and if you like it-fine, if you dont-fine. Don't listen to it. Metallica has been around so long because they don't do what other people want them to..they do what they want to and do it for themselves.

Comment

I have high hopes that this album might be somewhat decent...

.... But then again, I guess I'm one of those ummm.... Nu-Metal Kiddies... ROFLMAO...

Of course, at my age, I'll take it as a compliment! LOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X