Metallica - St. Anger Song - Radio Release Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Metallica - St. Anger Song - Radio Release Today

Just another rant, but I think Lars needs to stop acting like Gene Simmons and sticking his tongue out all the time. And both Lars and James need to get rid of the thug-looking wool hats in the warm weather!! [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

The funny thing about the video is the beginning when the guards tell the band that they will not negotiate for their lives if they're taken hostage by the inmates. How funny would that have been if Lars was taken hostage and made some inmate's b1tch? Show me what you can do with those drumsticks and that purty tongue of yours now, drummer boy! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Craptacular! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I downloaded the video today. I'm starting to get into the general riff of the song but the vocals are what's killing it for me. The background vocals make no sense and seem to trample over the lead vocals.

I sure want to hear the rest of the CD. St. Anger just sounds like something thrown together by a bunch of 17 yr old fans. I like the riff, like the heavy guitars but it's just not the quality kind of heavy music we've learned to expect from Metallica over the past 20 years.

Comment

It's 'you flush it out' and I'm pretty sure its James, but live it will be Kirk and Rob on backup vocals.

Comment

There must be some kind of mistake--this isn't Metallica. This is some guy bellowing about flushing something or other accompanied by a guitarist playing through a Gorilla amp with some other guy banging on a trash can lid in the background.

Comment

This is a very poor cd. Frantic is not very frantic and is not precise. Unamed Feeling is lame, and the production is annoying. St. Anger is boring. The other songs, I didn't even bother to learn the names, but at least one in particular sounds like anyone but Metallica. It sounds like a REALLY bad version of Pantera and then switches to a horrible version of Dream Theater. The solo starts off like a bad Lynch followed, by bad Slayer (?) and finally bad Petrucci. HORRIBLE.

Comment

[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] You said it best when you said that they are "chasing trends" and "adapting ebonics". That is the worst song I have ever heard by Metallica - I couldn't even make myself listen to the whole thing.

Metallica is causing us to waste so much time and effort in trying to dissect their "nu" music, hoping to find a shred of their past glory.

Stop hoping, people - it's gone forever. As much as I WANTED to like this, it's over I'm afraid... strike 3.

I have long since shifted my interests to the "new" breed of bands who have taken Metallica's sound and made it their own, and in the process, far surpassing anything this once mighty and proud band could possibly produce today - for instance, ICED EARTH and NEVERMORE. If you haven't yet, maybe you should check them out, and then you will hear what I mean. Hell, even the new OVERKILL, as long as they've been around, pisses all over this heap of dung.

Life is too short for bad music like "St. Anger".

Comment

Originally posted by Brian:
                  :Stop hoping, people - it's gone forever. As much as I WANTED to like this, it's over I'm afraid... strike 3.

Hell, even the new OVERKILL, as long as they've been around, pisses all over this heap of dung.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Cheers to all of what you said above!!....Even the new Overkill only has ONE SINGLE shining moment on it....the rest of it is almost as bad as this new bullsh*t they're calling a Craptallica disc! F*ck em all and f*ck it-no regrets! "$ad but true"....Metallica is a mere speck of sh*t compared to their former glory!

Comment

Wouldn't it be funny if Metallica PURPOSELY released some crappy recordings just to reduce the already crazy hype over the album? I know that after hearing this, MY expectations are SUPER low! hahahaha

Comment

I think the song gets better the more I listen to it

Comment

I notice that some of you guys say you have heard the whole album. Where have you actually found it?

Comment

Originally posted by BK:
                          I think the song gets better the more I listen to it
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Same here. The drum sound is still crappy, but the song is growing on me.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorX7:
                            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Brian:
                            :Stop hoping, people - it's gone forever. As much as I WANTED to like this, it's over I'm afraid... strike 3.

Hell, even the new OVERKILL, as long as they've been around, pisses all over this heap of dung.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Cheers to all of what you said above!!....Even the new Overkill only has ONE SINGLE shining moment on it....the rest of it is almost as bad as this new bullsh*t they're calling a Craptallica disc! F*ck em all and f*ck it-no regrets! "$ad but true"....Metallica is a mere speck of sh*t compared to their former glory! </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey now! The new Overkill album kicks ass, you fool!!! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

It grew on me too. It's good, not spectacular, not crap. Nothing they ever do again will compare to the albums Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets, but at least they are doing heavy music again.

Hell, I even liked Load and ReLoad...it was just different. Hard/heavy rock mixed with bluesish influences...it was real different and I liked it. This is like nu metal with an old metal edge. It's similar to nu metal but has some weird changes and complex structures like old metal...and it's growing on me. I liked Frantic way more than St. Anger, and I'm sure there's some better songs on the acutal CD. Of what I've heard, Invisible Kid is pretty good.

Comment

Well i finally heard it. *thinks* Definately new lol. ummmmmmmmm i didn't like the repetativeness*sp* of the lyrics *reminded me of SOAD*, and the Snair got a little bit annoying, but i got used to it when i realzied they were doing it on purpose*sp*.

I donno. I like Frantic. Then again, i'm one of the rare people here who can accept some forms of numetal lol. Whatever. I'm still gonna get a copy from my friend, and burn it, then borrow the DVD.

Comment

Working...
                                X