Metallica - St. Anger Song - Radio Release Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Metallica - St. Anger Song - Radio Release Today

the sad thing is Rob is the only good thing left in the band and he has been in what 3 months? Sad Sad Sad.
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

2 Word Review: Sh*t Sandwich

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Jamesy

Comment

I listened to two songs and it is horrible. [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] For real, I am not just trying to bash them it's really, really bad. Hetfield's lyrics continue to get sillier. Is he still sober cause maybe he should get back on the sh*t. This will be remembered as their worst album ever. They said they were going back to their roots, my ass. At least what I heard.

Sweet Amber

"Ooh sweet amber, how sweet are you. Ooh sweet amber, how sweet does it get." OoH Ooh.. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Then Jimmy sings to a black sabbath beat.
          "It's my world you can't have it. It's my world It's my world. Sucker" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Yea if you buy their cheesy cd.

Hetfields lost his mind, thats the only explanation. Actually the music is bearable. Its jim's vocals and lyrics are so bad.He is trying so hard to be a geek its unbearable.

[ June 06, 2003, 04:57 AM: Message edited by: LRGman ]

Comment

What the hell do these guys have to be angry about except when they look at themselves?

Comment

Who is Jim? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Larry:
                Who is Jim? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jim is a nickname for James. [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Dammit Jim; this CD sucks.

Somebody give James a bottle of booze, he can't write anything decent sober.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] A low blow, but funny as hell.

Comment

Well i got it, and i watched the DVD first, and i must say, i like all the songs except:
                    St. Anger *though its actually growing on me... damnit!*
                    Invisible Kid
                    Unnamed Feeling

All the rest are Awesome imo ^.^ Pretty numetal, but still nice and heavy. I picked out a few parts where solos could be added, but then thought "Do i really want a Kirk Hammett solo?" And said "nah, screw it. It'd be a whole lotta wah abuse, and ruin every song, just like Wherever I May Roam"

I like it ^.^ I'm not disappointed that i bought it ^.^ I think the DVD is much better than the CD, soooooooo ya i consider the DVD to be the main thing that i bought, and the CD to be the free piece of crap thing lol.

Comment

lmfao...Jim Hetfield...NEVER heard that one! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

i got around to hearing the album today...and OMG, what a shocking piece of ****, what a piece of ****ing dog ****, i piss on metallica, if that album didnt have metallica written on it, and was given to a record company, they'd burn it with magnesium, then piss on it twice before ****ting on it after eating two bowls of curry :grenade:

Comment

Ok, so I heard the tracks and thought it sucked, but I went to the Metallica site to see the video. Guess what? It sucks even more now. I couldn't even watch the whole thing. It was laughable.

Comment

[img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
                            I hope that sums up my opinion of the new song. I stand by my previous statements that it would be an attempt to play some harder more to the roots Heavy Metal, but come up short. It definately doesn't sound like old school Metallica (I'm not even considering solos or lack there of). Personally I think it sounds like Metallica doing a Nu-metal song.

On a side note I think Metallica sounded quite heavy back in the day, even by todays standards. I say if you want to play bass buy a damn bass get rid of the 7 string fiascos.
                            KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                            I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

I debated about writing this "review" but I can't help it.

First, I'll say that I have been a big Metallica fan since 1984. I heard Kill'em All during a brief California stay and that was it. It returned to upstate NY with me where I introduced it to my friends and, well, that story has been told a thousand times.

I got Lightning and was further blown away by the sheer speed and technical prowess. I got Master and saw that thrash could be 'musical' as well as just blisteringly agressive. Cliff'em all, Garage, Load, Reload, S&M et all have passed into my collection numerous times as tapes wore out. CDs replaced them.
                              I regret that I never got the chance to see them live in their prime, but that's life. Their music was just a stereo away.

That said.......

I think a quote from a desert/ Trophy Truck racer buddy of mine Kreg Donahoe, after a 70+ mph multi-rollover off a jump thoroughly applies to St. Amger

"I just ran out of talent," he said.

And that is what it appears to have happened to Jimmy, Kirk and Lars.

I listened to the CD on my way home from work and can find nothing about it that reminds me of Metallica, much less finding something I liked.

Load/Reload, while heavily derided, was at least musical. Personally I like about 1/2 the trachs off each and Hero of the day, and Unforgiven 1&2 are among my favorites.

Black had Of Wolf and men, Dont tread on me and a ton of hooks, if not the speediness of days gone by.

S&M was cool just out of having the symphony and wondering for years what such a thing would sound like (as many of us did).

But this?!?!?!?

Good God man. What the F!@K?

Prosuction aside, there are NO hooks, No speed, the lyrics are straight out of a dry drunk's worst nightmare, the drumming is out of time, the guitars are repetitive in what they 'are' playing, the tone is vile, the bass is played by a producer and....

I think they just flatly ran out of ideas here and wanted to put out something just to stay in the public eye, knowing full well that it would sell regardless of what it was since they have nothing to lose.

If they come back with a killer album, they can call this an 'experiment.' If they make another even worse, they can say the popularity of this one drove the sequel.
                              If they quit, it will be after a multi-platnum release and thus "go out on top of their game" in the public eye.

As for the rest of us who followed them for years, it's over - they have a "Nu" audience/cashbox now. They and we, always have their back catalog to fall back on.

Or, and I wouldn't doubt it for a second, they said "Let's put out a load of crap just for the hell of it and watch it go platinum," on a bet.

God knows they have enough money already. It's not like they "need" this thing to succeed to eat tomorrow.

Normie
                              (Who shoulda bought Lynvh/Pilson's Wicked Underground)

Comment

Wow,I am new to this board and was reluctant to post on this subject but I feel a sudden need to.I have been a metallica fan since 1983 and have seen them live about 30 times and met them on several occasions.Although I was shocked about whatI have heard off the new album.I have grown to like it quite a bit in the last few days.Its not that bad guys.unnamed feeling,dirty window,shoot me again,st anger are some of the best songs that they have done in a while.sure the production isnt that great but that was thier intention to overproduce it.they took a huge chance in what they did on this album and alot of people are ****ting on them for it and I think that its sad.Nothing they release is recieved well at first anymore then goes on to sell as well as the last.Well dont worry from what I have heard they will have another album out next year as they recorder about 28 songs in the studio.

Comment

Working...
                                X