Marty is definatley playing Ibanez now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marty is definatley playing Ibanez now

JACSONFREAK is absolutely right, and Fender is smart enough to realize that.
    Jackson can't do without endorsers like Fender can, because Fender was 50% of the
    market for years due to Gibson being the
    only competition. THEIR endorsers are guys like Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and Stevie Ray Vaughn. In other words, half of 'em are dead legends
    who'll sell rock guitars as long as they
    are ever sold. Jackson has Randy Rhoads
    at this point.

I'm starting to believe that, despite what they SAY, Fender bought this hoss to
    sell it to the glue factory. They probably have to play a good game to make
    the tax writeoff fly when Jackson goes
    under the waves. If they're actually cutting endorsees who basically pay full
    pop anyway, what's that tell you?
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I think that's going waaaaaay overboard on it, paranoia style, thinking that Fender bought Jackson just to dump it in the ocean. No way to 100% verify it, but I think it's unlikely enough to dismiss as a serious situation.

As far as endorsing...again, what exactly does Megadeth get Jackson these days? Let's take the "newbie player cheapo Jackson sales" theory. I don't talk to or hear of very many new guitarists out there wanting to play Megadeth's music. I don't hear too many of them talking about playing much of anything older--not even as much older Metallica stuff. Sure, new metal players will probably start off playing the nearly-obligatory Randy/Ozzy stuff, but I don't see many of them having much interest in older thrash metal at all. They want to play what's current, what they think is cool now, what other kids they know think is cool, generally not something that's considered "old music", and definitely not a band whose music has turned so badly as Megadeth's did in the last years, not to mention being defunct.

Why doesn't Jackson have a lot of these newer bands in endorsement? Because these other bands probably get great deals from the other companies, sure. But guitarists can generally be very pretty brand-picky and faithful, and since these bands grew up playing Ibanez and ESP guitars, they're not likely to want to switch anyway. They probably LIKE those guitars. Regardless of how versatile a Jackson may actually be, they are seen as "thrash metal" guitars, not nu-metal or modern guitars anymore. Most of these shapes have been around for so many years, they can hardly be called as "innovative and striking" anymore. Cool to us thrash metalheads, sure, a lot of us grew up seeing these guitars when we were younger, drooling after them, because for wild shape guitars at the time, there were 2 general options--Jacksons and BCRs. But they're nothing new to these kids anymore, and, to boot, they are identified with a style of music most of them consider dead and gone. Again, why? Because none of their favorite artists play them. And, yet again, why? Because those artists don't want to play them. And you probably can't shove a guitar down their throats to make them play Jacksons in order to get endorsement deal going. If more current popular stars start playing Jacksons, then maybe Fender will get them for Jackson endorsement. But pointy guitars have been "out" for a long time now, with hardly no new current big names playing them, and that's not anyone's fault--it's just a change of the times. Jackson via Fender will remain, or it will die...but I highly doubt that keeping what I consider now-nearly-nobodies like Marty Friedman and Dave Mustaine on the bandwagon is going to make that much difference.

Comment

I don't really care that he switched to ibanez, but those DOTS on his ibanez guitar are just to ugly comparing to the sharkfins...

Comment

well like I said we are gonna do a vid that will be on our website and be sent to be played on loud on much music in toronto canada also vh1 and all that **** down in the states , kids might not know who we are in the states or back east in Canada , but 90 percent of the guitar market on loud is esp and Ibanez and we offered to put some of the new "import" line [2 guitars] in the vid for them , witch the guitars would have been pennys for a company like that and they said "NO" so it's they're loss cause we are gonna get air play on loud forsure , even if no one knows who we are it's no loss to them and they are getting the new line 2003 of guitars that know one knows about up here , or in the west anyway , like when I say the betrayal video from halford I wasn't a big fan at that time but when I saw the warrior he was playing I wanted one right? //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by StuTDavis:
            I think that's going waaaaaay overboard on it, paranoia style, thinking that Fender bought Jackson just to dump it in the ocean. No way to 100% verify it, but I think it's unlikely enough to dismiss as a serious situation.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Really? Take a look at what's happening
            to Guild, also bought recently by Fender.
            Lines eliminated, the Dearmond line now
            Squiers. You click on the "Guild Price
            List" link and find the Fender Price List
            ABOVE the Guild list. The MAP situation also seems designed to scare people away
            from buying a Jackson by making it look like you can't get a decent price for them. I could be wrong, but it's not as easily dismissed as you'd like to think.

Steve's posts are a great example that Fender seems unconcerned aout Jackson
            getting exposure from new artists. They
            were endorsed, and asked for guitars to use in a video that'll get Canada-wide exposure. It's worth the cost since that
            band may hit the big time, and would remember a small act of faith like that.

Everything points to Fender not being concerned about increasing sales of Jacksons, regardless of what they SAY.
            Their actions speak louder than their words.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

No offense to your band here, Steve, and I sincerely wish you the best of luck, so don't take this the wrong way.

I think if a guitar company gave guitars to every band that someone said "might make it big" or "might get big exposure", they'd go flat broke right away. That could be said about many, many more bands than ever do end up reaching that sort of actual exposure status, anyway. In one respect, yes, maybe a video will get shown even several times to a large-scale audience, but it doesn't meant that the band will become "big" or "influential". And, if the band isn't proven to be either of those, the risk is too high and not worth it.

Comment

I can't belive this topic is at 3 pages already! Yes it's a shock to me too that Marty left Jackson because he was the reason I picked up Jackson (and guitar) years ago.

Sure it feels like I've lost something but you know what, Marty knows what's best for Marty and I'll keep playing Jackson. I'm happy for him.
                I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

is there actually any SOLID proof that fender means the very best for Jackson? sure a few dealers started taking imports in, but for the rest not much positive news... [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckracer:
                    Well gee wow gosh damn. So some guitar player is playing a different brand of guitar than jackson now.
                    Who the hell cares???
                    Many of you seem to take it personally!
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I second that. Yeah, it kinda sucks that Marty switched but ya know, if he keeps making good music thats all that matters really.

Comment

you guys bash ibanez too much. Jackson will always be my avorite guitar brand, and both my guitars are jacksons, but ibanez has some pretty good guitars. I might be getting a rg2120x pretty soon, looks great and has a piezo...just have to slap some SD's in it and it will be perfect. I wish jackson made more fixed bridge USA models, i love the slatqh and all but 22 frets isnt good enough for me.

About marty, he decides what guitar he plays, not you. If it bothers you that much than something is wrong with you. however, it does sadden me to see him without a kelly

Comment

Originally posted by StuTDavis:
                        No offense to your band here, Steve, and I sincerely wish you the best of luck, so don't take this the wrong way.

I think if a guitar company gave guitars to every band that someone said "might make it big" or "might get big exposure", they'd go flat broke right away. That could be said about many, many more bands than ever do end up reaching that sort of actual exposure status, anyway. In one respect, yes, maybe a video will get shown even several times to a large-scale audience, but it doesn't meant that the band will become "big" or "influential". And, if the band isn't proven to be either of those, the risk is too high and not worth it.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, Severed Serenity's guitarists Dave
                        and Steve were both Jackson-endorsed artists, so that's not "every" band. As
                        far as whining, goes, stop whining about everybody else whining! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

After the gelding of Guild, it'll take actions, not words, for FMIC to show they
                        have a long-term plan to keep Jackson going. Only time will tell.
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

well the vid isn't gonna be out till june now anyway [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] so we might shoot our own in the mean time cause some of our friends have way to many toys [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ,probably gonna be like the soilwork one- as we speak - should be cool , no naked chicks though [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] maybe our bassists wife can do a strip tease for the cam ? lol !!! //Steve

Comment

Well from what I heard from my Fender rep the other day. They're waiting for the Summer NAMM to reveal everything and send out catalogs. I did find out my store is gettin a Warrior [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Although its gonna be a WRXT. But its still really pointy and a Jackson. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] .
                            When is Summer NAMM anyway? June?
                            Gil

Comment

Hail call for all Fender-hating Jackson-support skeptics to please go find another guitar company to support! Don't support Fender's takeover of Jackson and your expected destruction of your beloved Jackson by Fender by posting on the JCF Forum! Make it known in the most powerful way possible--by posting on another guitar brand's website instead! Don't let Fender control you by keeping you poting on a website that supports one of its subsidiaries! Rally! Unite! Onward to new posting horizons!

Psssst... Are they gone yet? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm not exactly what would even constitute "SOLID proof" on something like this, and I think that's just silly. Do you want to see Fender's business plans and video footage from high-level meetings that mention Jackson? Do you have to suddenly see 20 USA Jacksons in every shop that carries any Fender products? My guess is, we could show you the chemical weapons--err--"SOLID proof" right to your face, and you STILL wouldn't believe it, anyway. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Even at Jackson's largest dealer, Guitar Center, there were never more than 1, absolutely MAX 2, USA Jacksons EVER in the store in the ones I've visited, and that was BEFORE Fender took over, and there were always 10-15 import Jacksons. Could Jackson really keep up any better than that with USA guitars regardless of who owned them? My guess is, only Carvin could even hope to keep up with huge-market chain stores with their USA guitars. To not suddenly, immediately see USA Jacksons--even imports--in every store that has a Fender in it, at this point, is just a completely unrealistic expectation, and it's not worth such whining over.

Comment

Working...
                                X