Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marty is definatley playing Ibanez now

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Sephiroth:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Word:
    I'm proud of Marty for doing that. I think he should play whatever makes him feel comfortable.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Musically comfortable or financially comfortable? I never heard him complain about his Kellys until after he left Jackson. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Spoken like a boy whose folks pay the bills! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

What does it matter? Does Marty owe you anything? He makes music that you can accept or reject. He's living his life,
    not you. Bills are bills, though it's
    easy to ignore that if you're a gameboy
    who lives with Mom and Dad. You can't eat a Kelly or give it to your bank as a mortgage payment, and the right money wasn't forthcoming from Jackson, but it was from Ibanez, so he took it to help secure his future. Beats playing muzak in Holiday Inns when you're 65 years old,
    as many once-popular musicians do today.
    Who the hell are any of us to judge his
    life-affecting decisions? It's his business and none of ours. There's no doubt that HIS Ibanezes are and will be fine guitars, which matters most to Marty. They'll still make Kellys if
    you keep buying them - maybe $5 cheaper since they're not giving freebies to Marty now! Feel better now? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
      Not meant as an insult, just to point out
      you may not think of the practical aspects of being a pro musician. Marty probably didn't make millions even in his heydey, because in Megadeth Dave was the big earner; the others were employees.
      Outside his Megadeth career he was fairly obscure, so chances are while he's made a great living he's not financially secure.
      I don't expect you to buy his sig Ibanez, and most likely neither does he; it's IBANEZ who's hoping for that. Let Marty
      make some $ with them until they figure
      out if it works or not.

Yeah, Dave don't look too happy with that ESP, but that's Dave's image. I have a 1990 Kackson ad with him sittng on a doorstep with a King V, and he looks like
      he can't stand to touch it. That's just his thing.

It doesn't stop me from playing what I want to just because a player I like switches. Don't let it bother you, is what I guess I should've said.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey don't misunderstand I've owned both Jacksons and Ibanez's. I guess the biggest deciding factor will be in seeing how any sig model fares, and if it's better/worst/or even comparable to what he used to play.

I do find it to be a bit hypocritical the way people rip Mustaine a new one for jumping to ESP, and Laiho complained about for not being patient with getting replacements only to have people come down on me for another former Jackson player. I will give Friedman this one bit of credit: his Ibanez isn't just another Jackson bootleg like the EPS's are, which is redeeming in it's own way.

[ June 07, 2003, 07:04 AM: Message edited by: Sephiroth ]

Comment

I agree, especially in Alexi's case. Seemed like Jackson really dropped the ball there, though now, many months later, a story's out that they tried to reach him, but that he already had an ESP
        before they could. That seems like a stretch, but the point is moot now. Dave
        too has the right to go where he will, and get the money while he still can, seeing that his comeback hasn't happened yet and it's a mystery if it'll fly. ESP
        could afford to gamble, where Jackson can't, I guess.

To me, Jackson will continue to lose endorsees if they don't play the same game as ESP and Ibanez, at least to an extent. Maybe by letting go of big guys
        like Mustaine they can afford to dish out some decent imports to more rising bands.
        We need to see some Jackson logos on MTV
        and MTV2 and new blood's probably best for that. I don't blame the artists who leave for better-paying deals because if
        they need the $, it's their business. It ain't treason or greed to switch guitars, even if it IS just for the money; it's a
        career move to get things moving and for
        life support in many cases.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X