Marty is definatley playing Ibanez now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marty is definatley playing Ibanez now

I agree he should get a sig model that's designed to be diferent than the RG look;
    maybe it's in the works but not ready yet.

Steve, maybe he got tired of the $30 off
    retail "endorsement deal"! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc, you'd still be playing Ibanez if they'd sent your replacement trem
    right away. If they make a Newc EX reissue sig, will you forgive 'em? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ April 06, 2003, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: lerxstcat ]
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
        Steve's not alone - I despise Ibenhad.
        Newc
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Doh! Sorry... Sometimes I forget where I'm at... you hardcore Jackson Fanatics are something else... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I see that marty has been playing and he did a
          fine job on one of my fav bands new CD!! Check out the new Tourniquet CD!! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
          RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
          CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
          Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
          Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Here is the link.
            http://www.tourniquet.net/
            Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55

Comment

hey it's not that I hate Ibanez .........but Marty is playing em ? it's like what the **** you know cause those Kelly's he plays or played are light years better than the Ibanez he's playing in those pics , **** a dk2 with stock pu's are better than that Ibanez he's playing , I geuss he's got to be tone deaf now as well ! lol !!! .........but Jacksons PR isn't the best since Kevin left and if he got any hastles like we did [not that I or Dave Bonnycastle are as good as marty not in a million years!] .................check this out I asked for a blk wrxt for the Video we are doing for a new song called Forever blinded I told them I would send em prove of the video the director would phone em we could totally provide proof ect ect ect ........ and they said NO you got to have this big record label blah blah blah like what ****ing world do they live in ? Jackson's are " Metal " guitars [most of em anyway] , no clapton page guys are gonna even want em , could you see clapton with a wrxt lol ! that would be good for a laugh ! lol !!! and on top of it all we never asked for USA customs or anything like that just imports [wrxt and a slmg for dave] of new stuff that they had for exposure for them for the new line and stuff blah blah blah ... but like the big wessel company that Fender is they said no and canned our endorsment , and yes we still play Jackson guitars and I bought my wrxt from a friend/dealer who carries the line , and the nut they sent me was for a made in india guitar cause it sure didn't fit the ke3r it was suppose to . anyway I am a little bitter sorry ! but marty should have went with brian moore guitats or something better than ibanez , **** esp would have been better than that guitar he's playing hey ? **** can you imagine what dave mustaine's new guitar is gonna be ! lol !!! but I know he wouldn't play one of those ! lol !!! I can see it now ............ " the Dave Mustaine custom strat by Ibanez "in custom colors" Blk Vs Blk ", "Sweet Cherry Red " , and " Cum Stained White " and "Dirty Hanger 18 Grey" all come with "I wish I still played my KV1 doh ! " inlayed down the rosewood fingerboard .......... lol ! //Steve

Comment

............ok ok ok I am a little "bias'd" lol ! but every time I have ever tryed anything else I have been totally let down , but the Bc Rich virgin and the brian moore's played alright though ! and I'd like to try one of those bc rich stealths that chuck schuldiner played . thats acually why I got my wrxt cause they are pretty similer . and in case you haven't noticed I can't spell much either. lol !!! //Steve

Comment

Actually, the warriors and stealths feel quite different from each other, I do like both guitars.

As for Marty and what he plays, who really cares. He's washed up anyways. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Charvels4me:
                    I see that marty has been playing and he did a
                    fine job on one of my fav bands new CD!! Check out the new Tourniquet CD!! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Aren't they a christian band? I used to have a cassette of theirs, they are a seriously underrated band!!

Comment

I just think it's silly to even worry about this sort of thing. What's the point? Is anyone here who was interested in Kelly guitars ONLY interested in them because goofy twerpy Marty Friedman played them, only I'd assume BECAUSE he was in Megadeth and Mustaine already had the established connections to get Jackson gear? Is anyone here not going to buy a Kelly because Marty Friedman isn't playing them now? I certainly hope nobody is that shallow and lame. So, what's the point with even giving it the time of day to ***** about it?

I always thought Friedman was a goofy guy, even moreso after seeing him play at NAMM with that Jackson Les Paul a couple years ago. The Carvin V220? He couldn't even play the POINTY X220, he had the "ooh don't wanna stab my bandmates!" roundy-point V220. Some big "metal" guy, there. It always seemed obvious to me that he was just a guitarist who happened to need a job at the time, and Mustaine needed another guy he could get to play guitar for him, who didn't mind being put in the background by Dave's ego.

As for him not playing Jacksons...just like with Mustaine, I've gotta ask why in the world would Jackson WANT someone who's not going to be in a bigtime metal band to be on the guitar-payroll? What's the point of having him or Mustaine out there making money off them doing ads for their guitars, when Megadeth is dead? I'm sure they would be smarter to put resources into other actual bands than relatively irrelevant players.

Just my thoughts...

Comment

The X220 didn't yet exist when Marty was
                        using the V220; it didn't come out until a few years later. Besides, the V220 is
                        pointy enough to wrack your 'nads pretty
                        good, and sometimes a bludgeon is more
                        satisfying than a pointy stick!

Rich
                        V220 Owner
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

other than halford what big time metal acts are left ? seriously , all the good metal bands are on indi labels majors don't want em , and Jackson [fender] are seriously burning many bridges man ! every one in the metal world will be playing esp soon . sad but true . //Steve

Comment

I say big deal. So..."big names" jump ship. You do have to realize that, for one, a lot of these "metal" acts just aren't as "big" as they once were anyway. I don't think Megadeth is a huge influence in the new young guitar player realm these days, are they? And those are the players, if anyone, who are going to be blindly influenced into buying a guitar based on their "guitar hero" playing one, aren't they? A USA Kelly is still a USA Kelly to most serious players, whether it has someone's silly Sig name on it, right? I say be happy...less "star" guitars means regular guys' orders won't be backed up or put on a halt in order to make some "star" happy. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

The way I see it is: the less well know players that are playing Jacksons the less exposure they get. Less exposure means less sales, Less sales means bad bottom line. Think about it. Whats popular right now? Ibanez and ESP. Why? because they are every where you turn. Ads in this mag and that mag. This guy plays them and so does he. Bla bla bla. It's all about exposure: people kids especailly want to play what their favorite guitar player plays. Fender is missing the band wagon literally. They need to pull thier heads out of thier butts get rid of DW and get Kevin back to push the Artist endorsements again.
                              Jackson needs exposure period. If no well known players (ones on the radio every day or on MTV etc..) They will slowly die a painful death do lack of interest from lack of exposure. Word of mouth is great but not everything. Everybody has thier own ideas and kids are very swayed by what they see read and hear from thier favorite guitar players. It's just another straw on the camels breaking back.
                              Ever since Fender took over Jackson I've only seen three new Jacksons hit my store. DK2 Pile O skulls. Great guitar but that was because the first one was a specail order then it got replenished. And sold again the replinished again. I want more damn it.
                              No new USA Jackson in my store. Hopefully we'll get some soon. But Ibanez can seem to get us restocked rather quickly. Why? Because they are in the lime light and know it. They need to send the gear to the dealers so li'l ol Johnny snot nose wanka wanna be can buy it cause the guy in his favorite band plays it. Thats why. Endorsements are crucial to the exsistance of Jackson. And if Marty and Dave (two of thier biggest and most well known endorsees) no longer play them Jackson will suffer till they can get more endorsements. Or they decide to sign all of JCF members to endorsement deals.
                              Sorry hit a nerve.
                              Gil

[ April 08, 2003, 12:21 AM: Message edited by: JACKSONFREAK ]

Comment

Hey Dan Tourniquet is WAAAAY Underated!!! They play some of the best METAL with tons of tempo
                                changes with mucho guitar tone & did I forget
                                shredding. Every single CD they put out is excellent!(IMO)
                                Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55

Comment

Working...
                                X