Bugera amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
    Okay, am I the only lost one here? How did a thread about Bugera turn into a thread about Behringer?

Your guess is as good as mine. Behringer uses Bugera speakers, but as far as I can tell, the two companies are not related.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I need people to say nice things about the Bugera...

I will be buying one (or two).

I can cope with badly made/performing gear...EVH, Dual Rec etc...

Comment

The only bad thing I've heard about them is the jack is crappy, but is a 2-minute replacement with a good one if you're handy with PCB soldering.

I've been through both websites, and the only link I can find between them is that Behringer amps use Bugera speakers. That's it. That has nothing to do with the amp itself, so where is this information that Bugera makes Behringer amps?

Also note that "manufacturing/building" is not the same as "distributing".
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

I was just checking out the website. Where can you find out how much these go for? I typed the name into Musicians Friend website and a Behringer amp came up, I'm guessing because of the speakers.

I'm curious just how cheap they are.
          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
            The only bad thing I've heard about them is the jack is crappy, but is a 2-minute replacement with a good one if you're handy with PCB soldering..

Are you talking about all of the 1/4 jack sockets?

Comment

Bengal, get in touch with Nick about that. It's insanely cheap.

Sean, as I understand it, it's the front input jack.

Comment

I think the 6505+ clone is around £300 here in the UK. They do a 6505+ 120watt combo too...fuck it, I'm getting one, how can you lose at these prices?

Remember, I've spent $2600 on an EVH that fucking Rammstein would condemn as dangerous...

Comment

Behringer is the parent company of Bugera, and for the money these things are a pretty good deal. The front input jack is plastic and breaks without alot of effort, easy fix. The speakers sounded a little thin at low volume when the amp was dirty, but the clean sound was great with a humbucker or awesome with a neck single coil. I'd like to hear it with the EL-34s, I think that would warm it up a bit but an all tube halfstack for under a grand is not bad at all. Another sleeper for under a grand is the Epiphine So Cal, all tube 50 watt head and a 412 for like 799. Cheap doesn't allways equate to shit, just most of the time.

Comment

The only bad thing I've heard about them is the jack is crappy, but is a 2-minute replacement with a good one if you're handy with PCB soldering.

I've been through both websites, and the only link I can find between them is that Behringer amps use Bugera speakers. That's it. That has nothing to do with the amp itself, so where is this information that Bugera makes Behringer amps?

Also note that "manufacturing/building" is not the same as "distributing".
                    You win Newc. Behringer is not Bugera. And Bugera is not Behringer. However, Behringer is Red Chip Company Ltd. and Bugera is Red Chip Company Ltd. Is that better?
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Actually, Behringer is BEHRINGER International GmbH.

Red Chip is the parent company of both.

Does Jackson also make Gretsch guitars, since Fender is the parent company? Does Fender manufacture Jackson guitars and Gretsch guitars?

I didn't think so.

Mystery solved, Shaggy.

Comment

Mystery solved, Shaggy.
                        :ROTF:

Comment

I think the most important thing to note here is...

By "The Troy" NOT disputing that I have the bigger cock...(In his first post preceding my original "Cock" post) He, by default acknowledges that I, in fact DO have the bigger cock...and really...isn't THAT what really matters???
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Actually, Behringer is BEHRINGER International GmbH.

Red Chip is the parent company of both.

Does Jackson also make Gretsch guitars, since Fender is the parent company? Does Fender manufacture Jackson guitars and Gretsch guitars?

I didn't think so.

Mystery solved, Shaggy.
                            Right. And Fender doesn't make Charvels. Oops. Yes, they do. And Roland doesn't make Boss and Edirol. Whoops. My bad. Yes they do. And Fender doesn't make Squiers. Except when they did. And Gibson doesn't make Epiphones. Except when they did. And ESP, Edwards, and LTD are all made by unique entities. Tcha, as if.

Bad analogy, Velma.
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I need a Scooby snack!
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                                I was just checking out the website. Where can you find out how much these go for? I typed the name into Musicians Friend website and a Behringer amp came up, I'm guessing because of the speakers.

I'm curious just how cheap they are.
                                AMS has the Bugera line. The 5150 copy head is $499 and they go up to $599 for the JSX or XXX copy heads. A 412 slant cab is $249.
                                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X